test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would be the most destructive build ever?

jennabeezyjennabeezy Posts: 42 Arc User
My little sister wants to start playing and... well, long story short, she wants to know... and it got me wondering as well, What would be the most destructive build ever? (for a FF of course)

We even joked about Superman walks into the room, sees your character and goes "Aw, crap, not that guy."
And then the rest of the justice league walks in and says... "Um, I got some vacation days I need to use...", etc etc. Such laughs, much funny. Guess you had to be there. But, it's a good question... I was thinking something fire, or maybe power armor (but micro managing all the PA toggles is a pain). Maybe there is something I'm not thinking of.

So, why not ask you guys, the experts at CO builds? My sister did make a good point, she thinks a pets build might have potential, since you can only be doing one thing at a time, and your summons can all be doing attacks at the same time. But, I tried to tell her pets on here are mega weak. I'm thinking fire-munitions-earth?

I always say speed of execution is the best way to pile on damage... you know, click powers, that would be my method. But there's so many powers to pick from it makes my head swim.

Anyway, thanks a ton for any advice... have fun with the idea! BOOM BOOOM DESTRUCTION!! :)

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    If 'destructive' means 'dps', your top bets are power armor and any of several melee sets (I think TK blades, laser swords, unarmed are top right now).
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    If it's about visual effects, I recommend
    - might; I've been replaying low-level CO using a roomsweeper build, and so long as you don't touch alerts or tough enemies, it's enough to one-shot most henchmen and is really quite fun.
    - force, which requires perhaps some overlap with Munitions or pa, but otherwise looks fancy.
    - earth
    - heavy weapon
    - fire
    - electricity
    - power armor; this'd probably be my recommendation for a mix of DPS and effect, stuff like shoulder launcher, hand cannon, and fire all weapons makes giant, effective booms
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• jennabeezyjennabeezy Posts: 42 Arc User
    Pantagruel, by Unarmed do you refer to The Fist, or The Master?

And, Bluhman, thanks for the advice, we're toying with the HeroCreator for a mostly PA build. Nothing definite, just seeing what might be a good toon. :)

Thanks so much guys.

(And yeah, I've always been a fan of earth power set, even if some people don't like it)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jennabeezy wrote: »
    Pantagruel, by Unarmed do you refer to The Fist, or The Master?
    No, I mean unarmed martial arts, though the Fist is a reasonably well constructed unarmed MA dps.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    It would be a missile-based Power Armor build. Both visually and in terms of actual damage done, that is the most wholesale destruction you can produce in this game. I know that when it comes to pvp, my power armor build is the one that's best at just absolutely thrashing people, and it does it with a whole bunch of explosions.​​
  • jennabeezyjennabeezy Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Bluhman, thanks for your reply!
    I know some players have a problem with other players who blast enemies all over the room, so they have to chase them down. Me, I've always thought it is hilarious to blast them all over the place lol. The theme we kinda have in mind is destruction and chaos, stuff flying everywhere. I recommended she start with the Marksman just to get warmed up (you know, bows and arrows). Besides the Marksman really is an excellent starter archetype.

But, your idea of Roomsweeper, with Force and Munitions is interesting. Stuff flying everywhere lol! But, I've had a couple issues with Force the couple times I've given it a try....

And Spinny, thanks for the advice ^_^.

But there might be Not enough Stamina to pull off Force Cascade :/
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Just remember when using knocks, solo it's funny, in a team it's a nuisance. If you've got any melee on the group, you better make sure the mobs die when you knock them.
    A lot of strong melee attacks are charge ups. Imagine, your sister goes to charge up her power is about to hit and someone uses force blast to knock the targets out of range. She now has to go chase them and recharge.
    I've just been levelling a Fist and had people repeatedly after i get a group bunched together and charge up an attack , just before I release someone comes up next to me and do force explosion and scatter them all away from me. NO the mobs didn't die. Also a lot were ranged so they got free attacks.
    yes I have lunge, it has CD and a limited range.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    A lot of strong melee attacks are charge ups. Imagine, your sister goes to charge up her power is about to hit and someone uses force blast to knock the targets out of range. She now has to go chase them and recharge.

Your sister isn't very smart if she's just gonna keep on charging powers like that. She should start using taps in this situation. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of stubbornness. I mean, just cause a power can be charged doesn't mean it has to be.

Also Force Blast is single target, so it would only be one target getting knocked out of range. Also doesn't the Fist have 100 hands?​​