test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/18/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2018 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
  • This week Turakian Deathlords have been spotted across Millennium City!
  • Lowered Millennium City's player cap for the remainder of the event.
  • You now fight 3 Deathlords in the The Thrash of the Lich King open mission.
  • Increased the size of the Deathlords to make them easier to fight as a group.
  • Each Deathlord gains a new ability when their health drops below 70%.
  • Lowered their health to account for fighting 3 of them.
  • Zombies will no longer spawn during the Deathlord phase of the fight to help with performance.
  • Adjusted the fx on a few of the Deathlord abilities to be more apparent.
  • Removed the timer on phase 2 of the open mission.
  • Increased the timer to 20 minutes for the Deathlord portion of the open mission.
  • Thrash of the Lich King can drop purple quality and lower Costumes, Auras and Costume Transformations from the event store. It also has a chance to drop 2 rare Action Figures not found in the store.
  • Added new daily mission to Dweomer for doing the Thrash of the Lich King open mission.
  • Added Porcupine back, Kabuki hair costumes to the event store.
  • Added Vampire costume transformation to the event store.
  • Added The Witch Archetype to the event store.
  • Added Witch Nose costume as a possible drop from trick or treat bags.
  • Gave Trick or Treaters an aura to be more easily identified when exploring.
  • Bite missions can now only be accepted and returned in the current active zone.
  • Changed the icon of the teleport dialogues on the Bite contacts to stand out.
  • Fixed a bug where the Bite becomes did not have a set combat role.
  • Typo fix on the Lesson in Trickery perk name.
  • Known issue: The Onslaught Mystery Box will sometimes give 10 extra of the opposite currency during Onslaught week instead of 35 of one currency.

Zombie Apocalypse
  • Fixed a bug where one of the Zombies was not properly applying a debuff when defeated.
  • Added a daily to do this queue to Dominique Ducard.
  • Updated the tooltip on the Chainsaw limited device and lowered the requirements to purchase it. Also added a permanent version.
  • Players can no longer use resurrection powers in this alert.
  • The Plague debuff from zombies now debuffs dodge and damage in addition to healing and resistance.
  • Lowered the max stacks this debuff can go to, but increased the debuff amounts slightly.
  • Lowered the chance of this debuff applying from Zombie melee attacks.
  • Lowered the amount of Turakian Coins you get for winning to 8 (from 12).
  • The amount of Turakian Coins you can get per day from Zombie Apocalypse now has diminishing returns similar to event open missions. This resets after 20 hours.

Kigatilik
  • Fixed a scoring issue with Kigatilik's hounds.
  • Added a visual for when Kiga's hounds leash back to their altars.
  • The hounds should now properly clear their aggro table when leashed.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Unlucky perk was granting the wrong action figure. Players who got this perk can claim the correct one from the fixer contact in rencen.
  • Fixed a bug where the Fish Monster head wasn't unlocking account wide. Players who purchased this will have access to it on their characters.
  • Added special materials to helmet 1 of the strange deity set.
  • Fixed a clipping issue with one of the Strange Deity helmets.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Costume Suggestions for event:
    Shovel Heavy Weapon
    Shovel Back Piece(s), spade up and spade down
    Coffin Back Piece (classic 'diamond shaped' coffin slung diagonally on back) with sub options for skull, cross, and other motifs on coffin lid; sub option to have coffin wrapped with rope or chain)

Also, attach coffin to one of the wing sliders to adjust the size.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Permanent chainsaw...
    giphy.gif
    ummm..so BM ends Nov. 1st?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Fixed a bug where the Fish Monster head wasn't unlocking account wide. Players who purchased this will have access to it on their characters.

This is good news :) However, there's still a problem with this........

Bug: The Fish Monster top accessory skin options aren't working. When choosing Skin Cloth, Skin Leather or Skin Metal, none of the colours on this piece revert to skin colour

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Cool. Are there really none in Downtown, or is this a work in progress?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Liking the continued QOL improvements (ToTer auras, larger Deathlords, purple Deathlord locator cloud, etc) a lot! Don't forget about getting an orbiting taco aura together as a drop for the big Tako! I don't think anything would quite as elegantly and plainly state the power of a hero than tacos rotating around their torso as they battle evil!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY: The launcher is now displaying update statistics in COMIC SANS.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    You seemed to have moved and removed some of the trick or treaters with this last update. The auras are appreciated though.
  • Since everything in CO is locked behind a perk wall, does anyone have pictures of the Chainsaw? I want to see it.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    Anyone know where this Dominique Ducard guy is?
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    2a1SNsx.png
    Felt like comparing both kittens.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    toy master should accept the purple AFs from bags (pirate captain, dweomer, maybe others?)
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Please turn cars off during events :<​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Please turn cars off during events :<​​
    Cars should clearly do massive damage to anything in front of them.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Anyone know where this Dominique Ducard guy is?

Over by the jet and helicopter at an outer corner of Rencen there are three Hero Games NPCs, he is the middle one.​​
    Also we want deathlord perks!!!​​
    Oh and color me surprised that you added 3 deathlords but no "as soon as you gib one of them the other 2 start getting Überschmeid stacking buff that make them do 10k DPS and increase their resistance by 30002%".

who are you and what did you do with our cat lady mom?​​
    edited October 2018
    Also we want deathlord perks!!!​​
    Heh, why not make it so that the 250/500 kill perk also reward Shadow Cat/Kitten? The Cosmic Cat was a good example of either hard work and attending the event via perk, or getting lucky.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Since Dethlörd(s) grew 5 times bigger than before. Is Taköfängs going to be larger than Dethlörds?
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Did someone say big?? IS PERSONAL MAG COMING THIS HALLOWEEN????

*gets stuffed in a dufflebag*
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    When can we get Nimbus of Force back?
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    The name of that new kitten is so noice. o3o
    qawsada wrote: »
    2a1SNsx.png
    Felt like comparing both kittens.

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Bug: Though the new score reset on Kiga appears to work, it leaves behind the names of players set to 0 score. This is more of a visual representation concern, but clearing the participation and removing the names of those set at 0 score would make the scoreboard look cleaner and help ease on performance by reducing the amount of calls for names. A minor thing, but every little bit would help.

83bacc88fae7628f998d6f2724b96231.png​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    guyhumual wrote: »
    You seemed to have moved and removed some of the trick or treaters with this last update. The auras are appreciated though.
    Kais removed ALL of the old locations and made new ones. The new locations tend to be more plentiful close to Ren Cen.
    Oh and color me surprised that you added 3 deathlords but no "as soon as you gib one of them the other 2 start getting Überschmeid stacking buff that make them do 10k DPS and increase their resistance by 30002%".

who are you and what did you do with our cat lady mom?​​
    She did the opposite and gave us reasons to focus fire by adding a new Uber-attack they use at low health.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Kais removed ALL of the old locations and made new ones.
    As far as I can tell none of the locations are changed, it's just that their leashing distance has increased so they're likely to be further away from their initial spawn.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Cars should clearly do massive damage to anything in front of them.
    I had a car push me about 20 ft today, during a DL fight. It actually pushed me out of a damage circle XD. Thanks car guy, ya did good.

edited October 2018
    Kais removed ALL of the old locations and made new ones.
    As far as I can tell none of the locations are changed, it's just that their leashing distance has increased so they're likely to be further away from their initial spawn.
    I used to trick or treat on the edges of the map a lot and there simply aren't any there any more. Also I don't remember there being so many at the prison or hospital. I counted EIGHT inside the prison area(to include the parking lot).

Also while there was one on the roof of ARGENT hq before, the location changed from the railing to the middle of the roof.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Kigatilik
    • Fixed a scoring issue with Kigatilik's hounds.
    • Added a visual for when Kiga's hounds leash back to their altars.
    • The hounds should now properly clear their aggro table when leashed.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FFFFFFFFF DID YOU PEOPLE DO TO KIGA??? This is really getting to be complete garbage.

So, now the dogs teleport around randomly. Sometimes just disappear. They do not JUST teleport back to the stage, they teleport all over the place.

I don't know what "The hounds should now properly clear their aggro table when leashed" is supposed to mean, but they definitely do not properly clear aggro pretty much EVER.

Dogs teleport when CCed, completely ignoring the CC effects.

Oh, did I mention that KIGA RANDOMLY DISAPPEARS!!! Yep, he completely went bye bye for several minutes tonight. Sometimes he just teleports around the place, or halfway into the ground or some other nonsense.

The point clearing is idiotic, why did you even do that?

EVERY time you people try to fix this, you break it worse. Just put it back the way it was with the spazzy dogs a few weeks ago and LEAVE IT ALONE.

Seriously, most of the time when you break stuff it's like whatever, we just figure out how to play around your incompetence. But now you have completely screwed both Eido AND Kiga. Stop futzing with stuff until you know what you are doing.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Kais removed ALL of the old locations and made new ones. The new locations tend to be more plentiful close to Ren Cen.
    What I mean is that some of the trick or treater locations are moved or gone from last week. I know the event got completely reworked this year. What I'm saying is that some of the trick or treaters are gone or moved from week one of this event.

guyhumual wrote: »
    What I mean is that some of the trick or treater locations are moved or gone from last week. I know the event got completely reworked this year. What I'm saying is that some of the trick or treaters are gone or moved from week one of this event.
    Well, maybe, not sure, though I think there's more of them than there was last week.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    Bloodmoon
    • Gave Trick or Treaters an aura to be more easily identified when exploring.
    ​​
    A very welcome change, makes it easier to pick them out in a crowd now that they walk around.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Doom Lords should spawn more frequently. I guess you didn't want us to form trains and farm them, but you thereby sucked out all the fun, and made completing the daily a pain in the ****.
    edited October 2018
    WHAT THE ACTUAL FFFFFFFFF DID YOU PEOPLE DO TO KIGA??? This is really getting to be complete garbage.

So, now the dogs teleport around randomly. Sometimes just disappear. They do not JUST teleport back to the stage, they teleport all over the place.

I don't know what "The hounds should now properly clear their aggro table when leashed" is supposed to mean, but they definitely do not properly clear aggro pretty much EVER.

Dogs teleport when CCed, completely ignoring the CC effects.

Oh, did I mention that KIGA RANDOMLY DISAPPEARS!!! Yep, he completely went bye bye for several minutes tonight. Sometimes he just teleports around the place, or halfway into the ground or some other nonsense.

The point clearing is idiotic, why did you even do that?

EVERY time you people try to fix this, you break it worse. Just put it back the way it was with the spazzy dogs a few weeks ago and LEAVE IT ALONE.

Seriously, most of the time when you break stuff it's like whatever, we just figure out how to play around your incompetence. But now you have completely screwed both Eido AND Kiga. Stop futzing with stuff until you know what you are doing.

Uuuuuh... which part of this do you think is persuasive? Cause all I see is a whole lot of you being an angry jerk who wants the devs to pay you no mind.​​
    Angry jerk's got a point doe​​
    Yeah, every incarnation of kiga has been more broken than the last.
    Angry jerk's got a point doe

Yeah, unfortunately it's buried under a mountain of garbage.​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    I'll be back when the fix Kiga. have fun all.
    Eh, this might be my Diablo stone talking but I don't think the changes will be reverted. Every "fix" that resulted in a Cosmic becoming harder has never been fixed or reverted but rather incorporated as an intended feature, so I don't think this will be the case either.

The worst part about all this is the timing. It happens right in the middle of a lot of veteran players' hiatus, and right in the middle of Event-thon. From Anniversary, to Bloodmoon to Winter event Cosmic participation always goes down, resulting in even more disastrous Cosmic fights, so by the time January arrives and things calm down I hope people are still willing to participate in Cosmics.​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    It is the devs plan for us to adapt to their "intended features" so they won't have to fix them. Or they broke it without jnowing how to fix it. (RIP Eido)
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Well they seem to be adding more AF, costume, and making sure the event is evenly space so everyone does all the event parts from now until after New Years. We don't even know what going to happen in November since we had Nighthawk late in the summer. It could be Cowboy or Nightmare event. They would probably go back to cosmic after they updated Halloween, whatever event is going to happen in November, and the Winter event, which will probably be in stages due to how long it is. I assume the Events is being prioritize since it brings in players that took a break from the game, the event itself take place in MC, and basically anyone could do it.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    In the case of Kiga there is a larger bug at hand that the new changes brought forth (it was happening before, just far less frequently. It's also very difficult to replicate outside of a live setting).

There will be some changes to Kiga this week that should address some of the more jarring issues (like the hounds porting around).​​
    I have long suspected that aggro tables can suffer overflow errors of some sort.
    edited October 2018
    Eh, this might be my Diablo stone talking but ...

Well none of what you said has to do with growth, so doubtful.
    I have long suspected that aggro tables can suffer overflow errors of some sort.

Which could mean people were hitting negative aggro. Now how can we abuse this...​​