test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/11/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
For the next 4 weeks Bloodmoon will be active!

Rewards
  • Added Murder of Crows and Zombie costume transformation to the event store.
  • Added Bat Wings accessory and Fish Monster head to the event store.
  • Become Vampire and Werewolves devices have been moved to the Bloodmoon store.

Misc
  • Lots of changes have occurred to Bloodmoon under the hood. Aside from the listed changes nothing else should be player facing.
  • Moved Bloodmoon perks to their own journal category.
  • Bloodmoon is being divided into parts similar to other events. Portions of the event (like Undead Heroes, Deathlord, etc) will appear weeks into the event instead of on day 1.
  • Tricker or Treaters, Halloween Gift Bags dropping from mobs, and Bite! PvP are active this week.
  • Added a bunch of new perks for defeating trick or treat monsters.
  • Added a new Cat costume trick or treater and Cat monster.
  • Dweomer now has a daily for defeating trick or treat monsters. Defeating lots of the Cat monster will earn you the Black Cat action figure!
  • Trick or Treaters have had their respawn time significantly lowered.
  • Trick or Treater locations have changed from where they were in previous events.

Bite!
  • The Bite event will no longer be active on Monster Island.
  • Bite will rotate being active between Canada and the Desert every other day.
  • Lycans can no longer be attacked if you are not transformed into a Hunter.
  • Lowered the amount of pvp defeats needed to complete the daily missions significantly.
  • The PvP daily missions now give out a small amount of Villain or Guardian tokens (what ones you get is random).
  • Added a bunch of perks for defeating players.
  • Credit for perks and quests will only be given while inside of the currently active Bite Battleground area.

ZEN Store
  • Added the Strange Deity costume set to the ZEN store. This sets features a variety of helmet attachments and armor pieces.

Kigatilik
  • Made some under the hood changes to the Kigatilik encounter.
  • The Kigatilik open mission now has two listed phases, one where you defeat the hounds initially and one to defeat Kigatilik. This is just a visual change to the open mission readout.
  • We are trying out a score reset function on Kigatilik if the open mission is inactive for too long.
  • The stray snowstorm that occasionally moves around Kigatilik's feet will no longer be visible if the open mission is active.
  • Kigatilik now has a visual storm around his entire body while he is unable to be damaged.
  • The hounds now have static costumes.
  • The hounds will now root themselves briefly when using attacks.
  • The hounds will now aggro if you get within a certain distance of Kigatilik.
  • Moved a few of the mobs nearby Kigatilik away from the encounter.

Misc
  • Added Tattoos Mystic texture to chest tights.
  • Added Mohawk Dual and Wild hair as options for the female avatar.
  • Fixed a bug where the Present costume transform didn't remove player auras while inside the gift box.
​​

Comments

• mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    It begins! \o/
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Pictures would be nice, for us that are on security detail guarding the wall.
    lezard21 wrote: »
    130689412d6e0bf0a5a9f8a74cc863971539220562.jpg
    bbeab8ce06fe7535ec8779b10fdbbf641539223200.png
    Thanks mr. newsguy.

Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    If healers can still heal in Bite PVP, then I'll exploit the heck out of it until it gets fixed~
    lol jk (or is it...?)

Anyway, since it's just trick or treaters atm, I guess it's fine to skip this week of BM.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2018
    We are looking into a way to prevent non-participant interaction during the bite event, but it isn't a simple switch like dueling mode. We aim to have something in place next week.​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    1000z for that new set. Price hike much?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    ^ This is why we wait for it to go on sale, which it will eventually.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited October 2018
    BUG->> Fish Monster Head is only unlocking for the character who unlocks it, alts don't have access to it in the tailor and it still shows as blue mask(locked) for any char other than the one who purchased it. Its pretty much a bind to char item currently?
    Looks like it's not unlocking account wide.

This will be addressed next week (and it's retroactive so you won't have to buy it again if you already got it on one character).​​
  • slinkiisuslinkiisu Posts: 15 Arc User
    "Strange Diety Costume Set"
    Diety.
    Diet. y.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Looks like it's not unlocking account wide.

This will be addressed next week (and it's retroactive so you won't have to buy it again if you already got it on one character).​​

Oh drat, I can't get it on char it was intended for until then? </3
    It will unlock on your account after we patch in a fix next week.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The vendor says Bite is still happening on MI.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • englishdamselenglishdamsel Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Did the cat trick or treater replace the witch? I haven't seen a single one. (Never mind, they're definitely rare but I just found one.)
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    You guys need to use better color in your costume examples to encourage sales.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    7yw9b5h.jpg
    FpvYpPw.png
    If your trick or treater turn into this, this is the cat you want to kill for the cat af perk.

Also requesting: please allow players to play the pvp even without the quest.
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Bloodmoon
    [*] We are trying out a score reset function on Kigatilik if the open mission is inactive for too long.
    [/list]​​

BUG: The dogs no longer give any credit. Not really a huge issue, except for the CCer. It is possible they are not giving credit only during Phase 2. Anyway, CCers are not getting the credit they are due.

(Really, I think a CCer should just automatically get a bonus 4B to their score)
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Bloodmoon is being divided into parts similar to other events. Portions of the event (like Undead Heroes, Deathlord, etc) will appear weeks into the event instead of on day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XCF5xOkxk
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I mean, you might not like it, but at least it's forcing people to do Trick or Treat or BITE.

Hell, people been asking for a Trick or Treat map and none exists (nevermind the fact that the spawns have been changed) after 9 years because no one bothered doing ToT, nor BITE and jumped straight to farming heroes non stop.

1 less week of heroe train farming will not kill you and in fact you might discover that you enjoy one of the other things to do in the event (for example ZA has been very active)​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    BUG: The kitten AF for the 250 black cats killed doesn't unlock correctly, and is also tradeable.
    [NbK]XStorm
    Bloodmoon
    [*] We are trying out a score reset function on Kigatilik if the open mission is inactive for too long.
    [/list]​​

BUG: The dogs no longer give any credit. Not really a huge issue, except for the CCer. It is possible they are not giving credit only during Phase 2. Anyway, CCers are not getting the credit they are due.

Oh, I forgot to mention, there are MANY more issues with the dogs than just the lack of credit. They randomly teleport around the map. They burrow. They line up on their perches off-center, sometimes way off, so they are in the same relative positions, just shifted 20-50 feet off-line.

Honestly, can you please just put them back to the way they were on Wednesday? Every time you all try to fix them, they get way worse. We learned to manage the spazziness and slow dog, but this new stuff is just insane.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    cats killed
    Finally... :#
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    The Kigatilik encounter is even worse after the "fix"? Shocking.

I wouldn't know, directly. Kiga has been up each of the couple of times I've been on since patch and no one was gathering for him. I suppose the current batch of problems plus Bite are why.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The dogs might be less dysfunctional if their aggro radius was smaller than their reset radius.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    while were in the halloween spirit, can Howl have it's cd lowered to 10 secs at least? 25 secs seems too much.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Biggest sellpoint of Strange Deity set for me was this:
    awesomemask.jpg
    Proper mask with facial Details. More like this, please.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    ^^^
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    No reward to CC doing hard work at Kigatilik. Boo! o3o
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    is the black cat af, then same as the black cat af(actually a kitten) from last year?
    @kaizerin
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    BITE
    I actually really like this event now. The changes were small but players are actually doing it regularly and it's fun. I hate to say it, but it's the most balanced pvp in CO. Maybe Onslaught could take a few pointers from BITES's setup.

Overall, I think breaking up the Halloween event was a wise move.

Strange Deity
    The price is a bit steep for what the set offers. But I do think it's a very 60's Kirby style of costume. Easy to make Asgardian, Olympion, or New Gods type of heroes with that set. I know some people didn't like it, but you can't please everyone. I think it's not a bad looking set, could be cheaper though.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    Kigatilik is the most terrible but also Ape aggro became too much long. This happen to Dino too.

Not all of us are top geared end game high DPS or soak Tank people but who are trying to be are the most at here to get GCR.

We still have a way to do Ape and Dino.
    But I'm starting to feel just avoid doing Kigatilik specially while CCer can't get any rewards. These are terrible fix. I don't want to spend over hours on every Cosmics.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    I do not like these trick or treat changes:

1) there are less trick or treaters
    2) they move about making it them harder to spot
    3) there's trouble interacting with them, I think it's because they're now moving, you can't talk with them until they stop.
    4) defeating the monsters now rarely rewards a treat bag

I like seeing new trick or treaters and I like the new monster. Over all I'm kind of disappointed with the changes. Feels like everything I used to love about the original Bloodmoon event is now gone.
    edited October 2018
    XVtpuP0.png
    Got my Kitten, so here is my tip you could try. Have a second screen ready for video watching or doing other things while doing this grind. Find a route that best suited you and without any competition. If you're not going for the kill perks, you could simply ignore the monster and run/fly to your next ToT until you get a Black Cat.
    edited October 2018
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I do not like these trick or treat changes:

1) there are less trick or treaters
    They respawn much faster.
    2) they move about making it them harder to spot
    3) there's trouble interacting with them, I think it's because they're now moving, you can't talk with them until they stop.
    You can't interact with them when they're doing emotes.
    4) defeating the monsters now rarely rewards a treat bag
    Seems like 100% to me. Just the treat bag is autopickup so it goes straight to inventory if you're close to it when it goes down.
    edited October 2018
    I just got 1 bag out of 10 defeated monsters today, 2 from yesterday. After turning in the missions I had 8 bags yesterday, and 7 bags today, that's 5 from the rewards, 1 from the 1 trick or treater that didn't turn into a monster and the rest from defeated monsters. You do the math.
    qawsada wrote: »
    XVtpuP0.png
    Got my Kitten, so here is my tip you could try. Have a second screen ready for video watching or doing other things while doing this grind. Find a route that best suited you and without any competition. If you're not going for the kill perks, you could simply ignore the monster and run/fly to your next ToT until you get a Black Cat.

It's incredibly tedious. This coming from someone that's leveled over 100 character to level 40.
    edited October 2018
    I just got 1 bag out of 10 defeated monsters today, 2 from yesterday. After turning in the missions I had 8 bags yesterday, and 7 bags today, that's 5 from the rewards, 1 from the 1 trick or treater that didn't turn into a monster and the rest from defeated monsters. You do the math.
    Huh. Well, I was getting plenty, though I guess I was killing everything in my path so that may have made up the difference.
    edited October 2018
    It's incredibly tedious. This coming from someone that's leveled over 100 character to level 40.
    I have 150 level 40s. It nothing. Probably more if it weren't for the character slot cap.
    I have 150 level 40s. It nothing. Probably more if it weren't for the character slot cap.

No, what I mean is leveling characters, basically doing the same missions over and over is less tedious then this new version of trick or treating.
  • akiro989akiro989 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The score reset on Kiga is so bad. I tanked for an hour, went afk for 1 run to grab food. My score was 0 when he died. CCer also didn't get enough credit, despite both of us being there for over an hour, actively fighting.

unknown.png
    akiro989 wrote: »
    The score reset on Kiga is so bad. I tanked for an hour, went afk for 1 run to grab food. My score was 0 when he died. CCer also didn't get enough credit, despite both of us being there for over an hour, actively fighting.

unknown.png

I can corroborate. akiro put in over an hour of work and got screwed bad. The reset is not cool.

I CCed the whole thing, again over an hour, and only got 87K, no credit. Not okay.

Why was the reset put in? Nobody asked for that. It was fine the way it was.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    edited October 2018
    Bloodmoon
    [/list]​​

Okay REVISED BUG: The dogs are giving a LITTLE credit. It also seems like they are only giving credit for damage and not for CCing.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Wait it's Cinder as a black kitten for defeating 250 monster black cat?
    I already have it from last Bloodmoon event. D:
    XVtpuP0.png

No, what I mean is leveling characters, basically doing the same missions over and over is less tedious then this new version of trick or treating.
    You mention the amount of characters, not the leveling it takes to get those characters to level 40. Either way, they're both not that tedious to do. There is plenty of time to get the Unlucky perk during this month long event, especially when you could jump to a different trick or treater if they don't spawn a black cat.
    A minor observation I noticed in Canada but will check tomorrow in Desert too, the Hunter NPCs have WAY too much Hp compared to Wolf NPCs and spawn really close together, effectively nullyfing the whole advantage Wolves NPCs may have by attacking in packs.

At the middle of the lake , hunters spawn in groups of 2 but are so close together that generally 2 or 4 more will join. Each hunter has around 8.3k Hp totalling around 16k Hp per group, up to 48k if more join due to proximity.

Meanwhile Wolf spawn in static groups of 2, or roaming groups of 4-6, totalling around 4-12k. Mongrels, which have 8k Hp spawn very unfrequently or not close to the middle.

A group of 4 wolves will lose against 2 hunters. A group of 8 wolves will lose against 3 hunters. A group of 12 wolves (2 groups of 6) will lose against 4 hunters. 6 wolves (1 roaming pack) struggles to defeat 2 hunters (1 static spawn)

The fact that wolves keep switching targets amongst Hunters and waste time runing from one to the next while still getting shot does not help.

My suggestion is to either space up the number of hunter NPCs in the middle of the lake, or change the roaming group composition to be 1 Mongrel 3/4 Lycans to even it up a bit more.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I also think the trick or treat thing is tedious. Of course I've always felt that way, every bloodmoon, so I basically never bothered with it. Others may feel free to utilize my solution or some variation of it if they are having a similar issue.​​
    edited October 2018
    Took some screenies to exemplify
    moslNdp.jpg
    This is what center of the lake ends up looking like when no Player Wolf butts in

ApTQYit.jpg
    Ratio of hunters. That's at least 82k Hp right there. That would require at least 7 packs of 6 Lycans to balance the Hp.​​
    For comparison, in Desert Hunters are in groups of 2 with enough space that getting knocked by the Hunter number 2 skill won't end up knocking 5 wolves into 5 extra groups of hunters.​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    we need these screenshot-2018-10-14-01-39-02.jpg even with alterations like such il-570x-N-1355305753-dfnl.jpgEGiUSLD.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg Thes basic one is and has been in game for a while.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    XVtpuP0.png

Oh! Is that really the kitten you get from the 250 cat monsters perk? That's the black cat that was in the event store last year! Oh my gosh, thank you for that. Now I don't have to grind out that perk since I got Cinder last year!