test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20181002.4 - Bloodmoon

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Bloodmoon
Rewards
  • Added Murder of Crows and Zombie costume transformation to the event store.
  • Added Black Cat and Kitten action figures to the debugger store.
  • Become Vampire and Werewolves devices have been moved to the Bloodmoon store.

Misc
  • Lots of changes have occured to Bloodmoon under the hood. Aside from the listed changes nothing else should be player facing but if you see anything weird let us know!
  • Moved Bloodmoon perks to their own journal category.
  • Bloodmoon is being divided into parts similar to other events. Portions of the event (like undead heroes, Deathlord, etc) will appear weeks into the event instead of on day 1.
  • Right now we have trick or treaters, Bite pvp, Undead Heroes and the Deathlord fight enabled on pts.

Bite!
  • The Bite event will no longer be active on Monster Island.
  • Bite will rotate being active between Canada and the Desert every other day.
  • Lycans can no longer be attacked if you are not transformed into a Hunter.
  • Lowered the amount of pvp defeats needed to complete the daily missions.
  • The PvP daily missions now give out a small amount of Villain or Guardian tokens (what ones you get is random).
  • We are still looking into how well distributed the bite npcs are in their given zones. Feedback on this is appreciated.

Undead Heroes
  • The crypt missions now grant more currency and xp upon completion, but now have a 20 hour cooldown.
  • Undead Hero open missions have had their cooldown increased to 1 hour (from 30 minutes).
  • Moved all of the open mission reward circles away from the enter crypt prompts.

Kigatilik
  • Made some under the hood changes to the Kigatilik encounter.
  • We are not making any major changes to the Kigatilik fight at this time, please keep any feedback related to the mentioned changes.
  • The Kigatilik open mission now has two listed phases, one where you defeat the hounds initially and one to defeat Kigatilik. This is just a visual change to the open mission readout.
  • We are testing out a score reset function on Kigatilik if the open mission is inactive for too long.
  • The stray snowstorm that occasionally moves around Kigatilik's feet will no longer be visible if the open mission is active.
  • Kigatilik now has a visual storm around his entire body while he is unable to be damaged.
  • The hounds now have static costumes.
  • The hounds will now root themselves briefly when using attacks.
  • The hounds will now aggro if you get within a certain distance of Kigatilik.
  • Moved a few of the mobs nearby Kigatilik away from the encounter.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    WE WANT COSTUMES!

though that's a lot of QoL changes that are very much welcome, specially the Kigatilik ones and moving the circle away from crypt entrance (that was very annoying)

As an aside note, Kiga dogs seem to be a lot less jiggly, so that's a plus.​​
    For reference, this is now the "u r screwed" range for Dogs
    TLU8EPF.jpg

wether this will turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing we'll have to see. it does make it easier for cc to pull, while also making it harder for mt to rush kiga after cc pull

Also BUG
    nZMqYN5.jpg

This roaming group of mobs is still around and they tend to be the ones that people aggro the most when running back to kiga.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Added Murder of Crows and Zombie costume transformation to the event store.
    BBgJtza.gif
    GlGcSN1.gif
    Really impressed by the Zombie Transformation
    Loving how it has the same sound and visual effect aura as the New Shadows when they get defeated as well as the used summoning animation from Zombies and Sovereign Sons
    :+1:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Murder of crows doesn't look much like a murder of crows (switching through a modified bat flight animation seems like it would be better).
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Suggestion: Talbot's Talisman

This transforms the player into a werewolf for BITE event missions. But man on man is this a weak and squishy transform. It's similar to the Brown Werewolf become, but has no block, toggle, or passive. I'd like to suggest adding the passive at the very least, just to toughen the become up a little. Hunter's still can defeat a player under the influence of the transform very easily.

Also, I noticed that once toggled on, the only way to return to normal is by being defeated. Not sure if that's WAI or not.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Costume idea:

more zombie tight pattern. I don’t know how hard that would be but using some of the generic tight patterns added to the tights/gloves/boots
    riverocean wrote: »
    Suggestion: Talbot's Talisman

This transforms the player into a werewolf for BITE event missions. But man on man is this a weak and squishy transform. It's similar to the Brown Werewolf become, but has no block, toggle, or passive. I'd like to suggest adding the passive at the very least, just to toughen the become up a little. Hunter's still can defeat a player under the influence of the transform very easily.

Also, I noticed that once toggled on, the only way to return to normal is by being defeated. Not sure if that's WAI or not.

I've found this not to be the case. The thing with wolf pvp transform is that it's weak at first relying mostly on attacking as a pack but once you detonate enough bleed stacks it becomes INSANELY powerful, to the point were you can 100-0% a player in one knock combo.

Also you can return to normal by talking to your respective NPC, but this is just a fancier killme command.​​
    Could the crow transform get a bat version?
    And yes!!! Love the zombie transform
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2018
    You are not meant to be able to disable the PvP become like you can other becomes, this prevents players from swapping in and out at their leisure to get out of the bite PvP mode.

The bite becomes will not get any passives, blocks, etc added. They are balanced for the pvp event and fighting the bite specific npcs.​​
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Bug
    At Lynx's Fold, a duplicate of one of Kigatilik's hounds seems to have replaced another one. From left to right, the dogs are Amaguq, Akhlut, Akhlut, and Keelut. Qiqirn is not present.

pbIdWRP.jpg
    GOOD
    Qiqirn has always been a butt :3​​
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    You are not meant to be able to disable the PvP become like you can other becomes, this prevents players from swapping in and out at their leisure to get out of the bite PvP mode.

The bite becomes will not get any passives, blocks, etc added. They are balanced for the pvp event and fighting the bite specific npcs.​​

Fair enough! Thanks for reading and responding.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Will PVP collusion be possible?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    If you can come up with a means of making PvP collusion impossible, you're a miracle worker.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    BUG: Being near Lycans while they are in combat can infect the player with Lycanthropy. Considering how Bite! currently functions, the Lycanthropy effect is no longer needed and could be removed.

I'd say that Bite! is only fun when there's a decent turnout for it. There's a power discrepancy between individuals on either side. Hunters are designed to win in one-on-one confrontations and small skirmishes against Lycans, while Lycans do best with a numbers advantage in order to overwhelm the Hunters. Since there's usually not a lot of people running Bite! all at once, Hunters will typically have the upper hand in most engagements. You can see this sort of thing just watching the NPCs. A group of 2 Hunters is relatively even against a pack of 4 Lycans.

Bite! could do with some extra reasons to play it to draw in a larger crowd. While adding Onslaught currency is nice, I think Bite! could do with its own store or allow players to gain Acclaim instead in some fashion. Maybe opening up a Bite! specific tab for the Hero Games that would cost a hybrid of Acclaim and Turakian Tokens would be neat with some interesting devices, costumes, and the like.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Honestly, at this point there's no reason (other than required effort) not to make BITE into an instanced, queued map.
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Honestly, at this point there's no reason (other than required effort) not to make BITE into an instanced, queued map.

Turning an open event available to everyone at any time into a content locked behind queue, waiting time, and enough people wanting to do it to have a little chance to start ? There are already too much queues that bring nothing else than delay and annoyance in this game. Keep your efforts fore something vaguely usefull.
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Bug:
    Some Bloodmoon perks are in the wrong category. Dead Reckoner (Defeat 1000 zombies) and Nom (eat 10 pieces of candy) are located in Events, instead of Event: Bloodmoon. Also, the Anniversary perk Destroid Destroyed (defeat 12 Mega-Destroids during the invasion) is in Events, instead of Event: Anniversary.
    Whew! I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to get Moonstruck this year.

If you can come up with a means of making PvP collusion impossible, you're a miracle worker.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    I think it would be a good idea to add a Bite specific store with stuff (aka costumes, transformations) locked behind perks to encourange people into participating.

Sure there would be a general QQ of "Y AM I BEING FORCED TO DO PVP"...but the pvp players have been forced to do PvE content for the past 6-7 years without not so much as a pip, so grow up normal-38.gif​​
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Murder of Crows looks really cool! :+1:
    (Got me thinking, a Teleport variant with this FX + perhaps a dash of Bat/Scarab Flight's could be interesting;)
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Wolves always want sheep corralled into stocks for easy consumption... what better than to dangle some carrots in the parlor.
    grievehart wrote: »
    Turning an open event available to everyone at any time into a content locked behind queue, waiting time, and enough people wanting to do it to have a little chance to start ?
    PvP queues don't require full teams to start. It would inconvenience people who want to just collude because it means there's no easy way to exclude non-cooperative players, and it would inconvenience people whose idea of PvP is 5 v 1, but neither of those is really a bad thing.
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Turning an open event available to everyone at any time into a content locked behind queue, waiting time, and enough people wanting to do it to have a little chance to start ?
    PvP queues don't require full teams to start. It would inconvenience people who want to just collude because it means there's no easy way to exclude non-cooperative players, and it would inconvenience people whose idea of PvP is 5 v 1, but neither of those is really a bad thing.

What about the people who are only interested by the pve quest which consists in killing map lycans for turakian coins ? Does that mean they would have to queue and loose time to wait other players, only to be allowed to go on the instanced map where pve lycans would be, and struggle to do the pve quest because of other players interference. Triple loss of time for something that was accessible at will and cleared in 5 minutes without queue.
    Or maybe you plan to have both an exclusive instanced location for pvp queue hunter vs werewolves, and still keep some cpu woolfies on the usual locations for the pve part ?
    PvP queues don't require full teams to start.
    If people join, it's cool but if nobody shows up, you can wait ages with no guarantee to start. This game population is limited, and queues are annoying when you do not play at "peak hours". As long as queues prevent people to access content instead of allowing them to play in a reasonnable delay, even if it means in reduced team or alone, their usage should be avoided. Especially if there's no real need behind. We already have enough useless queues with alerts and crisis.
    edited October 2018
    What about the people who are only interested by the pve quest which consists in killing map lycans for turakian coins ?
    That quest is now a PvP quest (it requires you to use a transform that flags you for PvP...).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

I'm sure people who need the Perk will be able to do it just like we did last year. My advice would be to try to gather people to cooperate for the perk as soon as possible because from what I remember the vast majority of people got it done within the first day and then after that it quickly got more and more difficult to find people interested in doing it. Might be even more difficult right away this year since so many got it done last year.

I mean, after all these years of Bite existing they haven't changed the fact that you can collude, so why would they bother now? They wouldn't, that was a rhetorical question. WAI ^_^​​
    Well, I always hope that our current dev(s) is/are sharper tacks than what went before, will learn from past mistakes, and fix things for the better (or at least avoid more colludial content going forward). I mean, I certainly wouldn't brag about being the dev who created the OV system. I'd sneak off to another game and never mention my involvement in that at all.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I mean, after all these years of Bite existing they haven't changed the fact that you can collude, so why would they bother now? They wouldn't, that was a rhetorical question. WAI ^_^​​

JwLmWoa.png
    edited October 2018
    colludial content

lol. I'll just reference Panta for this one.
    I look forward to you showing em how it's done jaaz ;)​​
    edited October 2018
    The main way to eliminate collusion is by eliminating the ability to pick your opponents. That requires queued play and a large player pool.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I tried the BITE OM for a while. I noticed that the werewolf model was changed. I really like the back fur but not sure if that's from werewolf monstrous fur.

Anyway, since everything is tagged as "Friendly" now, I was able to heal BOTH hunters and lycans. Also noticed that lycans seem to take more damage than hunters. The OM could be prone to troll healers, so why not make BITE similar to when people duel? You know, when their hp bar becomes gray and they can't be affected by outside heals.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Well, I always hope that our current dev(s) is/are sharper tacks than what went before, will learn from past mistakes, and fix things for the better (or at least avoid more colludial content going forward). I mean, I certainly wouldn't brag about being the dev who created the OV system. I'd sneak off to another game and never mention my involvement in that at all.

Haha, he did actually; he left to another company shortly after it was released.

[NbK]XStorm
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Haha, he did actually; he left to another company shortly after it was released.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    Simple, really. Give up on any efforts to coerce players into PVP events such as this. They clearly don't have the knowledge/resources/software to make it work. Stick with PVE.

JwLmWoa.png
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I remember the vast majority of people got it done within the first day and then after that it quickly got more and more difficult to find people interested in doing it.​​

Example of the base level driven animal, self absorption, they got what they want, why would they care about anyone else? then it comes back to choice, It happens with Lairs, it happens with Rampages, it happens with Alerts, it happens with Events, it happens with Cosmics, It happens with any Content, why would this be any different?

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    rtma wrote: »
    I remember the vast majority of people got it done within the first day and then after that it quickly got more and more difficult to find people interested in doing it.​​

Example of the base level driven animal, self absorption, they got what they want, why would they care about anyone else? then it comes back to choice, It happens with Lairs, it happens with Rampages, it happens with Alerts, it happens with Events, it happens with Cosmics, It happens with any Content, why would this be any different?

We all have a certain attention span. It is quite normal to have less interest once you've got what you wanted. Just stick around on the first week where peeps will be farming actively.

Anyway, is there a chance fot a feral gallop tp for BM? It would be a nice addition.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Bug: Device - Will of the Tiger's Cub
    When the item is used on a target affected by both Bleed and Shredded
    When the device is used on a target with both debuffs it should refresh the duration of the Bleed and Shredded, but it doesn't.
    How to replicate: Have Will of the Tiger's Cub in your device tray and perform a full combo of Shred/Reaper's Caress/Slash with its advantages and matching forms which double the chances to apply bleed and once you apply both debuffs let a few seconds pass before using the device.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    edited October 2018
    rtma wrote: »
    Example of the base level driven animal

e4c.png
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Bug: Device - Will of the Tiger's Cub
    When the item is used on a target affected by both Bleed and Shredded
    When the device is used on a target with both debuffs it should refresh the duration of the Bleed and Shredded, but it doesn't.
    How to replicate: Have Will of the Tiger's Cub in your device tray and perform a full combo of Shred/Reaper's Caress/Slash with its advantages and matching forms which double the chances to apply bleed and once you apply both debuffs let a few seconds pass before using the device.

Unsure wether this is a bug. It's been working like this in Live for years. WoTC will apply a new stack of Bleed but will not refresh old ones. Same goes for Shredded. At Cosmics or other big fights it might look like it's refreshing Shredded but it's most likely that your "ownership" of the Shredded stack shifted to someone else who blew that stack off with RE's adv/Tiger Bite​​
    Normal effects that apply bleed do not refresh existing stacks, though they update the display because it always shows the longest remaining duration. If it doesn't replace the bleed with the least remaining duration (and thus has no effect on a target at 5 stacks), that's arguably a bug though it's not the only power or device that does that.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I hope the increased cooldowns on the undead hero OMs don't deter people from train-ing around MC. The event is popular because it's good for levelling as much as it is about collecting event currency etc.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    The only thing that's really gonna do is force zone hops. If I remember correctly last year there was often five or six zones up with one or two trains running most of the time.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2018
    The only things I can think of that will eliminate the train are making the fights scale unpleasantly with number of players, or bring back positional scoring (if only the top 10 people get rewards, you're encouraged to form groups of less than 10. Either of these probably calls for reducing the open mission cooldown, though).
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Simple, really. Give up on any efforts to coerce players into PVP events such as this. They clearly don't have the knowledge/resources/software to make it work. Stick with PVE.

Then again, CO is primarily PvE to begin with, why bother with PvP in the first place?
    making the fights scale unpleasantly with number of players,

Plz don't give ideas to the evil cat lady​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    making the fights scale unpleasantly with number of players,

Plz don't give ideas to the evil cat lady​​
    One of my favorite evil ideas is self-scaling difficulty. The basic idea is that a boss gets a (non-refreshing) buff every time they take X damage, which increases damage and damage resistance.

Let's say a given fight is supposed to last for 300 seconds. If you give the boss 3 million hit points, PCs need to do 10,000 dps to win in 5 minutes, but a group of OP characters doing 50,000 dps blows through the fight in 1 minute.

Now, let's say we instead give the boss +10% damage and damage resistance for 30s every X damage, and we normalize the fight for 5 stacks of this buff, so it has to gain a stack every 6s and its base health should be only 2 million, and also have its base damage reduced by 1/3. The boss is now taking 6,666 dps from the intended group, so it has to gain a stack every 40,000 damage. This fight works just like the ordinary design difficulty. The difference is for other teams strengths. A 50,000 dps team winds up pushing the boss to 15 stacks (final dps 20,000) and needs 100s to win against a boss doing 67% more damage than normal. To win in 1m requires a raw dps of 117k and the boss is doing 233% of normal damage.
    edited October 2018

Ah, so "showing 'em how it's done" is... giving up. That's a bit disappointing. To be honest I found the Bite event okay. It's not like OV. Bite is actually kinda fun, so long as you don't take it seriously and don't get upset when you get defeated. Helps to have a bunch of people basically doing the same. My suggestion is to just stop complaining and just go ahead and get it done. Or don't. Nobody really minds if you don't do it.​​
  • Hi have some ideas

Let us involve Vladic Dracul in the festivities he’s a vampire and would love to see him terrorizing Millennium City.

New ATs:

The Profane: An ex DEMON agent. A red coloured Infernal using Arcane sorcerer who summons demons. Use The Void as a base for stats

The Exiled: You thirst for justice. You are an ex New Shadows gangster or maybe you are from Dogz. You get a special transformation that is like the one from Become Vampire which is customizable like other skins. Pick a big werewolf, vampire monsters even big crocodile. Point is you gain a lot of hard hitting physical attacks like in the transformation from the Become device. Consider it a power for those who want to experience shape change. You can offer this power in a lockbox.

The Supernatural Hunter] You hunt the beasts of the dark. You are skilled in archery, munitions and gadgets designed to hunt the evil.

The Knight: Sword and shield AT with healing powers. Go on a crusade
    You do realise event starts in like 2 days, right?

Suggestions belong in the suggestion box and event suggestions are better done with some anticipation​​
  • I thought it could be a something that they could use in week two

I also thought using this would get their attention
This discussion has been closed.