test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experimental Blaster

Greetings,

It is no secret that one power called Experimental Blaster has a feature which turns any target into a small teddy bear for a short period of time, even if it is a 1% chance or even less. The issue however comes from the fact that it has become a power players are focussing on. Some builds depend on it entirely resulting in (but not limited to) :
- any type of gameplay slowing to a crawl (because it's fun to partake in a Smash Alert that takes much longer than usual)
- soloing dungeons like Therakiel's Temple (when RNGejus allows the player to often turn a boss into a teddy bear)
- straight up overusing it in PVP (turning opponents into teddy bears for the lulz)

Invincible builds which pack Experimental Blaster or even revolve around it entirely, tend to (ab)use this power until eventually the target's transformation occurs then quickly finish the fight with Shadow Strike (latest example up to date). Sometimes, during a match of Westside B.A.S.H. or UTC I did witness players (most of the time two) using this exact power, even going as far as targetting the same opponent together in order to increase their chances of turning their target into a defenseless plush.

Me and my friends would like that "feature" modified one way or another. Either turn it into an exceptional damage boost that cannot be a critical hit, another effect entirely (such as stunning, knocking down/up or putting to sleep the target) or remove it because, except for a few (trolling) PvPers and game-breaking exploiters, none is actively relying on Experimental Blaster for its exclusive effect.

This is not a bug within itself, but a much needed fix in regard of PvP and overall fairness.

Regards,
Arcadelord

P.S: Reposted this here because I don't know if this topic/thread fits within the "Gameplay Bugs" category. Feel free to delete the inappropriate one for the sake of clarity, and my apologises for the double post.

Comments