test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Water Powers Draft

zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Suggestions Box
Despite the supposed lack of devpower I always hear of, I imagine that a Water powerset can be done, not necessarily all from scratch, but reworking new powers with minor differences. The set could possibly revolve around Crushing Cold damage and Drenched, a debuff that decreases enemy speed of movement and attacks for 6 seconds. [Edit: It would also decrease Cold damage resistance by 10%]. In appearance, it would look like the Soaked Aura.

The template for powers goes like this:

-Title-
Function
Charge/maintain time - Range - Radius - Cooldown

Description

Advantages:
Name: Description

Here’s how I see it, although the devs can change it if they want to:

Tier 0

-Splash-
Energy Builder - Ranged Damage
50 ft -

Deals Cold damage and gains energy. Pretty basic. However, the first hit can apply Drenched.

Advantages:
Small Shower - 2 points: All hits can apply Drenched.

-Water Ball-
Ranged Charge AoE Blast
0.75 sec - 100 ft - 4 ft

Deals a medium amount of Cold damage for a low energy cost. Has 25-100% chance to apply Drenched.

Advantages:
High Pressure - 2 points: Full charges now stun the main target.

Tier 1

-Tide Pull-
Ranged Maintain AoE - Knock To
5 sec - 50 ft - 50° cone

Deals low- medium Cold damage at a low-medium energy cost. Can apply Drenched with 15% chance, and also knocks enemies towards you. Similar to breath abilities, though doesn’t share the animation.

Advantages:
Low Tide - 2 points: Decreases damage for higher chance to apply Drenched. Cannot be used with High Tide.
High Tide - 2 points: Decreases chance to apply Drenched for higher damage. Cannot be used with Low Tide.

-Geyser-
Ranged Click Knockup
50 ft - 10 sec

Deals medium-high single target Cold damage for high energy cost. Knocks target up and has 50% chance to apply Drenched.

Advantages:
Steamy! - 2 points: Geyser deals 40% less Cold damage. Instead it deals 60% Fire Damage, as well as adding a 20% chance to apply Clinging Flames.

-Water Form-
Slotted Offensive Passive

Increases Cold damage and all Physical damage to a lesser degree. Reduces Physical damages received. Enemies around you are Drenched, as are enemies who attack you. You are healed slightly for Drenched enemies you attack.

-Viscosity-
Slotted Defensive Passive

Increases damage resistance by 10/12.5/15%. This resistance increases as health decreases. Also applies Drenched to enemies around you, although if too OP or specific, this feature can be removed if the set is implemented.

-Wet Form-
Buff - Form
3.2 sec

Grants 1 stack of Wet upon activation, increasing ranged damage and melee damage to a lesser degree. You gain stacks of Wet by applying, refreshing or consuming Drenched. Scales with Ego and Endurance.

-Bubble Block-
Block

High resistance to damage. When a significantly damaging hit is placed, the bubble pops, dealing Cold damage to up to 5 enemies in a 10 foot sphere and reducing block power for 5 seconds.

Advantages:
Bubble Wand - 1 point: Removes bubble pop.

-Tidal Reverberation-
Energy Unlock

Gains energy whenever applying, refreshing or consuming Drenched. Scales off Recovery, and Endurance to a lesser extent.

-Bubble Shields-
Sigils - AoE Heal and Shield
0.67-1.4-1.84 sec

Similar to SoRS, but they’re bubbles and they heal and shield nearby allies, rather than giving stealth.

-Surf-
Lunge - Melee Damage
0.5 sec - 60 ft - 3 sec

Deals Cold damage to a single target. Snares the target and knocks them down if done from 20 ft away and the target is not currently controlled.

Advantages:
Nailed to the Ground
Break Through

Tier 2

-Waterspout-
Ranged Maintain AoE Damage - Snare
6 sec - 50 ft - 15 ft sphere - 12 sec

Deals medium-high Cold damage, pulls enemies in and has a 30% chance to apply Drenched, for a medium energy cost.

Advantages:
Centrifugal Force - 2 points: Enemies that hit the center of the spout are knocked back for massive damage. Enemies immune to knock are damaged slightly.

-Puddle-
Ranged Maintain AoE Damage - Slow
Charge/maintain time - Range - Radius - Cooldown

Similar to Quicksand, Puddle deals Cold damage to enemies, slows them and applies Drenched with a 25% chance.

Advantages:
Don’t Slip - 2 points: Puddle has 20% chance to knock down affected enemies and immediately apply Drenched doing so.

-Rain-
Ranged Maintain AoE Damage
0.5 sec, lasts up to 8 sec - 50 ft - 15 ft sphere

Deals high Cold damage and applies Drenched with a 15% chance. Medium-high energy cost.

Advantages:
Ombrophobic - 2 points: Applies Fear at a 20% chance.

-Dry Off-
Team Heal
8 sec cooldown

Consumes all of your Drenched and heals you and your team for a low-medium energy cost.

Advantages:
Quick Change - 2 points: Stuns formerly Drenched enemies for 3 seconds.

-Ocean Affinity-
Active Offense
Instant, 50 sec cooldown

Increases damage, applies Drenched to attackers with a 40% chance, and helps to break free of Roots, Disables and Holds.

-Wall of Water-
Active Defense
Instant, 50 sec cooldown

Roots self for 1 sec and summons 3 Waterwalls that increase Max Health to/heal you and allies within 10 ft. Furthermore, applies Drenched to/Knocks Back attackers within 10 ft, and helps to break free of Roots, Disables and Holds.

-Resuscitation-
Revive
0.83-2.83 sec - 100 ft - 300 sec

Revives an ally player with 33/67/100% health. Par for the course.

Advantages:
Leaking - 2 points: Revives up to 4 players and divides healing equally.

Tier 3

-Riptide-
Ranged Charge AoE Damage - Knock To
Charge/maintain time - 100 ft - 4 ft cylinder - Cooldown

Deals high Cold damage in a cylinder, and knocks enemies towards you. High energy cost, and applies Drenched.

Advantages:
Out to Sea - 1 point: Knocks enemies back instead of towards you.

-Whirlpool-
Ranged Charge AoE Damage - Snare
2 sec - 80 ft - 15 ft sphere

Summons a whirlpool for 10 seconds, which deals medium-high Cold damage to all affected enemies, and has a 15% chance to apply Drenched.

Advantages:
Sucked In - 2 points: Knocks down all affected enemies after 3 seconds.

-Emerge-
Self Resurrection - Heal
2 sec - 300 sec

Revives self with 33/67/100% health. You are healed for every enemy you defeat, and apply Drenched to nearby enemies and enemies that attack you.

Advantages:
Release The Kraken! - 2 points: Summons a Kraken upon activation that deals very high Cold damage to enemies within a 20 ft sphere, but increases the cooldown to 360 sec.

-Water Elemental-
Controllable Pet
0.67 sec

A water elemental pet that attacks enemies at range and applies Drenched. At Rank 1, it can attack with Splash and Water Ball. At Rank 2 it can attack with Tide Pull and heal itself for all Drenched it applies, which can only happen once every 4 seconds. At Rank 3 it can attack with Waterspout and heals you for all Drenched it applies, which can only occur once every 4 seconds.

Ultimate

-Tsunami-
Ranged Charge AoE Damage - Knock Down - DoT
3 sec - 50 ft - 20 ft cylinder - 1 min 16 sec

Deals high Cold damage and knocks targets down, as well as applying Drenched. Targets already Drenched have their Drenched consumed, and are instead Drowned, which deals medium-high Cold DoT for 10 sec. This ability has a medium-high energy cost.

Advantages:
Ride the Wave - 1 point: Massive threat is built.

A possible Archetype would look like this:

The Torrent
Role: Hybrid
PSS: Ego
SSS: Constitution
SSS: Endurance
(other stat): Recovery

Tree 1: Guardian
Tree 2: Avenger

1: Splash
1: Water Ball
6: Tide Pull
8: Water Form OR Viscosity
11: Dry Off
14: Wet Form
17: Whirlpool OR Rain
21: Bubble Shield
25: Tidal Reverberation
30: Ocean Affinity OR Wall of Water
35: Resuscitation OR Emerge
40: Riptide

Any thoughts on this? Developer feedback especially appreciated!
Post edited by zombiehunter1968 on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Wonder when we'll have someone on staff who could make all the effects for the powers o3o​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I'd adjust Drenched so it isn't a clone of Disorient.

Have the effects like this:

Drenched reduces movement speed by XX% and decreases resistance to Electric, Cold & Crushing Damage by X% per stack.
  • zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    I'd adjust Drenched so it isn't a clone of Disorient.

Have the effects like this:

Drenched reduces movement speed by XX% and decreases resistance to Electric, Cold & Crushing Damage by X% per stack.

Originally, it was going to be a Crushing damage resistance debuff, but it sounded too much like Negative Ions, so I changed it to a Disorient-esque debuff. Excellent idea, Ravenforce!
    Yeah the fact that we already have too many Crushing sets and debuffs in the game is probably another thing holding this back. Could consider changing it to Cold damage, which would then also give it some natural synergy with Ice powers, which makes sense thematically as well.​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I'll move this to the correct forum category (suggestions), but aside from that this looks pretty solid.

edit: i'll attempt to move the thread and then fail because i think that's something only Kaiserin can do.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Very well, I shall post this in the Suggestions Box as well, so that more people can see it. Look out for it there!
    edited September 2018
    Very well, I shall post this in the Suggestions Box as well, so that more people can see it. Look out for it there!

It has made it there all on its own \owo/
    As it i water you could do a drowning damage and not crushing, like a dot as long as the effect is on them and some time after. A bit of a stamina hit to the one being attacked maybe as a add on to some. And trauma or something. Also socked could extend the drowned effect maybe.

"drowning" isn't a damage type in the game tho. I'm tellin' ya, cold damage is the way to go! After all, getting splashed in the summer time is the classic way to cool down. We could just say that the water you're blasting people with is really cold! It'd probably end up being both crushing and cold u3u​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    drenched looks like the effect from earth passive.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Also wondering if each ability can have the advantage Oxykinesis, which makes powers deal Particle damage, and replaces Drenched with Eating Away, which is a DoT effect that does higher DoT than other similar debuffs but doesn't last as long.

Any thoughts on this?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Hmm, I'd add in a power which does this:

New Power:

Erode - You channel a blast of high pressure water at your enemy, forcing them back and reducing their resistance to damage by eroding their armor via the "Erode" debuff. Erode debuff reduces damage resistance by 3% per stack and stacks up to 5. One full channel of Erode can apply up to 3 stacks of Erode.

Advantages:

- Zero Degrees - Erode on full maintain will apply Chill to the target, setting them up for future icy assaults.
    - The Water Burns! - Erode now deals minor additional Particle Damage and has a chance to apply Particle Burn upon full maintain.
  • I feel like this is far too ambitious. It would probably be better to just ask for a couple of clearly water-based powers to be added to the ice powerset. Grabbing one person from NW to work on effects for like two water powers might be possible if phrased right ("Can you help me clone this wind power and make it look more water-y?"); getting them to come over and do a whole set would almost certainly be a non-starter.

Incidentally, the same can also be said of attempts to get more plant powers.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    It probably is too ambitious, but it's still nice, and I think it would make an awesome addition to what we have already. Sadly, I think that for this to even be considered at all, all of the other sets would have needed to have undergone their rework, and we're only about halfway through those as it is. So very, very distant future at best.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • The most likely path to a full water powerset would be through a similar path as the energy sword set: start with a couple of powers, then expand it later.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Kais might get to it when she's done with the current set of reworks.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters