test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Gem Costume Pieces

So, got a suggestion by Ambassador Kael to toss out suggestions on the gemstone costume pieces. One of the big problems with them is that they really don't work with most armor pieces and/or costumes aren't quite what they could be, I think. For example, the knee gemstones look weird (leg accessories) and finding something that looks good for the side head pieces are hard as well.

I've got two suggestions:

Add in some sort of armor designs where the gems can be center piece. (I.e. the knee gems could be like the tip of boots, gauntlets on the hands, etc.)

Lower/change pieces to being more centered around areas they are supposed to be. The leg accessories could be more lower on the knee, the waist accessories could be lowered to be more belt centered.

If you guys need ideas for it, look up Saint Seiya Omega. Awesome gem ideas there. I can't think of good female based designs here, but I'm sure others might have ideas far as gemstone based armor.

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 772 Arc User
    Yes please. I was running into this as well. I would defo buy it.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    This is a good idea. The set is really weak, as is.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I agree that many of the gem costume pieces are difficult to use. I only use the chest and pelvis pieces personally.​​
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    Woah. Didn't expect to actually get responses from others. But I'm happy I did! In any case...

They do come off strange at certain areas. It's why I started up this suggestion. Something like an armor or costume for the gems would be nice. Not quite a set "highlight" but rather something to draw the eye a bit or make it easier for costume users to wear them.

An example is the side head pieces. Those, as far as I have seen, go with nothing and can't exactly be linked in easily to other costume sets. Even the default ones. You basically have gems for ears which doesn't really make much sense.

However, if you for example have some sort of head set or the like that works with the set, giving them something like a definition or highlight to show how/why you have a pair of gemstones on the side of your head? Hell yeah.

In any case, I'd like to see some others brain storm out ideas/drawings/etc. Here's a one from the series I suggested to draw some inspiration:

tumblr_mdwzs8k7a41rsx4y6o1_1280.jpg

If you'll notice, the gem parts are more add-on definition areas to the armor/costume. The elbow ones look like they are a part of the set, same with the knee caps. And the chest and waist look like they are part of the material as far as any sort of fixing to it.

That's what I think we need to get inspiration towards, to be honest. If the devs are willing, just a simple gauntlet for the bracer pieces to be a part of, some boots, a chest piece, and a helmet are all that is really needed. Maybe a belt as well. You can even just leave like a circle or other type of mounting to make it look like the gemstones are added in. It gives the players plenty of options and they can pick and choose like other sets to make it seriously look like the gems are there for a reason even if it is just a bit of eye catching.

If you guys know any other comics/anime/cartoons that might be a good inspiration for such a set, please do toss them up. We get enough, maybe the developers will notice and give this idea some serious work/thought?