test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hi again, Bye again.

areeeareee Posts: 829 Arc User
I last played over 400 days ago. Was messing with DC universe and remembered this game. Could not remember why I stopped playing so installed and went in. Saw my characters and wished all over again that I could remember. Could only pick 1, must have made the others during 1 month. 33% lifetime, maybe... 200% nope. Freeform slot... $$ blocked. Ah. Now I remember.

I'm poor. The good stuff is locked behind money locks.

So hi and then good bye. Wish I could have played again.

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Farm questionite and convert to zen...poor isn’t a reason
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Time is though
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    World hunger too! We could name excuses all day...but they said poor was reason.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    It's a bull complaint. There was never a time that Freeform slots didn't cost money - even back before F2P, you had to pay $15/mo to have them. This isn't some new thing.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I've never really spent any money in this game. Just my time and dedication. I don't understand why being "poor" will demotivate you from playing.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    'Free For All, Not All For Free.'
    If i can recall DCUO isn't so free. More like pay for everything you want to do....
    :#

Come back soon, you hear?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    And I'm back again. Went to DC universe. Payed a month I had wanted for here. Started playing Nature powers. At level 17 ran smack into what made me stop playing.

My wolf has no tail! p..q

I may not have my army of pets here but the Devs give me lots of tails to choose from.
  • Options
    I may have discovered why you're poor....
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    If you are poor and your country's currency is US$, then come to Argentina and you are no longer poor. No excuses.​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    areee wrote: »
    My wolf has no tail! p..q

I mean any one of us could have told you DCUO is stupid and worthless u3u​​
  • Options
    what wolf? DCUO only allows pre-fab heroes, doesn't it? and i can't think of any werewolves or wolf-like creatures in the DC verse...not any popular ones, anyway​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    latest?cb=20170924040303
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    what wolf? DCUO only allows pre-fab heroes, doesn't it? and i can't think of any werewolves or wolf-like creatures in the DC verse...not any popular ones, anyway​​

You might be thinking of the now deceased Marvel Heroes. In DCUO you create your own hero......

.... then act as a sidekick to the official DC Heroes :p

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    latest?cb=20170924040303

Nature power lets you transform into a Healing bug, a DPS Wolf with no tail, and a Tank Gorrilla.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Comic book werewolves don't seem to have tails. Look at Werewolf by Night and Wolfsbane.
  • Options
    neither do worgen, and people have been bitching about that just as hard for years​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Comic book werewolves don't seem to have tails. Look at Werewolf by Night and Wolfsbane.

Most werewolves I've seen in superhero comics don't have tails for some weird reason. Even Warwolf (Vic Marcus/Martin Reyna) and DC's Kyle Abbot don't have tails and they both look more lupine than Werewolf By Night.

Probably just saves artists' drawing time.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Oddly, the Wolfman in both the Lon Chaney original and the 2010 remake lacks a tail. (Cheney's is wearing pants, of course, and may have been forced to slide his tail down one leg, but there's a shot from the remake with the Wolfman all hairy and nekkid, and he doesn't have a tail there either. No idea how he was supposed to be balanced in that pose without one, and as I'm pretty sure it was CGI there was no reason not to have it.)

I still prefer my animal hybrids to have tails, though. Except Supermanx, of course, because the cat his DNA came from was tailless...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The only really notable tail I can think of on a comic book hero type is Squirrel Girl.
  • Options
    The only really notable tail I can think of on a comic book hero type is Squirrel Girl.
    I'd have to think about it, but I know Tigra (Marvel Comics) had one. There are probably others, but it's 5:45am here, and I just got my first sip of coffee, so my recall is not what it could be.

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Well, they are anthropomorphized wolves, or theriomorphized humans. You get some of both, but not everything.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    Almost everything can be earned in game with some grind. Never seen a game with so many unhappy players that still play.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• Options
    edited September 2018
    scildtruma wrote: »
    Almost everything can be earned in game with some grind. Never seen a game with so many unhappy players that still play.

You can run on water and crawl on walls.
    I think that's the only reason people give when they need to explain why DCUO is better than CO.
    :#
  • Options
    scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    I played DCUO for about a week and the travel powers were the only plus. After playing for a while it got boring just running around the city because the travel power was the only fun thing about the game.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Sidekicks Online DCUO's character costumization is pathetic really, you are going to have an awful time if you are looking for anthro characters with super powers in this game
    Even City of Heroes had better costumization on anthropomorphic super heroes for pete's sake
    https://youtu.be/sRHjbOVoMgU
    Wow, thats a good use of the Transformation feature :smiley: I'm going to take notes from this trailer

The only thing i'm interested in DCUO is their powerframes, for one they have WATER, NATURE and the very interesting QUANTUM​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    Sidekicks Online DCUO's character costumization is pathetic really, you are going to have an awful time if you are looking for anthro characters with super powers in this game
    Even City of Heroes had better costumization on anthropomorphic super heroes for pete's sake
    https://youtu.be/sRHjbOVoMgU
    Wow, thats a good use of the Transformation feature :smiley: I'm going to take notes from this trailer

The only thing i'm interested in DCUO is their powerframes, for one they have WATER, NATURE and the very interesting QUANTUM​​

That werewolf run animation is what I've been wanting in CO for years! Shame we can't use it because Paragon/NCsoft might go apeshit on lawsuits.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    It's not like they own werewolf run....
  • Options
    AFAIK, movement of any kind cannot be trademarked or copywritten...so while CO can't use that exact animation, there's nothing stopping it being recreated from scratch, other than lack of time and money (same as everything else)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    That werewolf run animation is what I've been wanting in CO for years! Shame we can't use it because Paragon/NCsoft might go apeshit on lawsuits.
    Doubt it, it's pretty generic walking animation, They cannot copyright movement​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    If you go into bestial stance and use acrobatics, you run on all fours. Long arms end up clipping with everything though.

Those CoH cat heads look better than anything we have.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    vonqball wrote: »
    If you go into bestial stance and use acrobatics, you run on all fours. Long arms end up clipping with everything though.
    It also works on super speed but it looks so damn incredible goofy because the character's model is stretching hands and legs while jumping in a ridiculous flow
    But again, personaly not a fan of the bestial stance in general
    I only wish there was a combination of the Normal heroic stance with the walking animation on bestial so my characters wont have to be forced to crouch all the time :/

OF COURSE I can work around it by setting different stances for different builds, so if I want the character to travel on bestial stance I just swap on a build with the same costume but different stance
    Dunno, CO's Lion and Tiger heads from the Beast pack are still pretty awesome​​
  • Options
    Damn, wish I had known of City of Heroes before it had been shut down.
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    Dunno, CO's Lion and Tiger heads from the Beast pack are still pretty awesome

it isn't the heads that are the problem...well, most of the heads *sideways glance at pre-2015 animal heads and bananawolf*; it's the BODIES - specifically, the lack of any body skins matching any of the heads, so you get horrific seams around the neck, wrists, ankles and sometimes waist​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    it isn't the heads that are the problem...well, most of the heads *sideways glance at pre-2015 animal heads and bananawolf*; it's the BODIES - specifically, the lack of any body skins matching any of the heads, so you get horrific seams around the neck, wrists, ankles and sometimes waist
    I have noticed that all the new Bestial heads use complety different textures from the existing available body patterns

But on the other note I cannot relate because the majority of my anthro characters who use all the newest beast heads are fully or partially clothed with Armour, power armour, tights, fantasy clothing and neck/bracer accessories which hide the awkward texture differences being parts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

01.png
    There, now you knowed it.​​
  • Options

But you'd still be here right now. With same issues/problems. Maybe even worse kind, since CoX was the bestest of best Superhero games.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, at least if you ask the people wearing rose tinted glasses. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    I knew CoH.

I was underimpressed. I find the play in CO to be much smoother, and overall more evocative of the feeling of being a superhero.