test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Save 60% on a Lifetime Subscription, Apply Freeform to Existing Characters, and the Premium Pack!

Save 60% on a Lifetime Subscription this week, our biggest Lifetime Sale ever!
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10956943

Apply a Freeform Slot to Existing Characters!
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10956953

The Premium Pack is now Live!
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10916073

Comments

• torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    I don't suppose there's any possible way you could extend the lts sale into like the first week of next month? Been wanting a LTS sub for years but haven't been able to justify the price. Now, however, my money's spent for the month. It'd be a real shame if, for the first time I could afford it, the sale ended before I had the cash handy.

I mean I probably already know the answer, yet I figure there's no harm in at least asking.
  • ilyensilyens Posts: 38 Arc User
    Shees. Some-company wants money badly.
    Hope, people won't regret givin' a part of their income to a game with pretty-uncertain future.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You just summed up every game
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I recommend borrowing money from a friend if you are short on current funds. Not likely that they will extend this sale.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Are we crying D O O M here as well?
    I think Someone must be upset that Premium Pack got Live and its account wide feature​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    ilyens wrote: »
    Hope, people won't regret givin' a part of their income to a game with pretty-uncertain future.

Honestly I can't support this stance. This is just an actually decent price. Hell, if anything I'd love a change of heart somewhere(or realization really) to keep LTS at this price.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    avianos wrote: »
    I think Someone must be upset that Premium Pack got Live and its account wide feature​​

But i only got 2 Costume Change Tokens and a Title from it!!!!
    :#
    Wait! Those Tokens were some Exlusive costume tokens to get Costumes...so..
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »

But i only got 2 Costume Change Tokens and a Title from it!!!!
    :#

Those tokens don't really help much though
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    ilyens wrote: »

Honestly I can't support this stance. This is just an actually decent price. Hell, if anything I'd love a change of heart somewhere(or realization really) to keep LTS at this price.

This is an actually decent price. It would be nice if they made this the new price, but that seems unlikely.
  • jupiterskye73jupiterskye73 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you can't play your ff chars unless you pay for its.
  • jupiterskye73jupiterskye73 Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @jupiterskye73 said:
    > Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you can't play your ff chars unless you pay for its.

LTS*, rather
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    You can maintain an existing subscription or pay for LTS. There is this slot thingy as well but I think that's a bit Hocus-pocus.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I got the pack being LTS. And seems like it amounted to nothing. I have well below the 100 characters limit on my account and still have 40 so that add 6 didn't happen.

The exclusive store costumes as a LTS already had all the costumes in there and since no more costume piece per month in that, won't ever need it. So basically the premium pack was just a title.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I got the pack being LTS. And seems like it amounted to nothing. I have well below the 100 characters limit on my account and still have 40 so that add 6 didn't happen.

The exclusive store costumes as a LTS already had all the costumes in there and since no more costume piece per month in that, won't ever need it. So basically the premium pack was just a title.

It wasn't made for those with LTS, it was pretty much made for silvers/those who want to unsub and be silver.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    You can claim the Premium pack, though, and it will give you extra slots if you are LTS like what I is now.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Funny how this works...​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2018

It wasn't made for those with LTS, it was pretty much made for silvers/those who want to unsub and be silver.

The one for STO still gave LTS benefits from it. Champions got nothing so in comparison this one is weak. And STO still gets regular content updates. So a game with little and now even less content updates with the monthly costume pieces gone, this game should make it more than a title.
    edited July 2018
    You can claim the Premium pack, though, and it will give you extra slots if you are LTS like what I is now.

I didn't get extra slots for it and well below the limit. I counted mine before I claimed it. Logged out still same number. Quit game completely and back in no change. And I play through Steam so wonder if there is a glitch with that.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Claiming the pack doesn't really do anything to LTS (and is documented as not doing anything), but it's not like you paid anything for it either.
    Claiming the pack doesn't really do anything to LTS (and is documented as not doing anything), but it's not like you paid anything for it either.

Link where documented because nothing says that on the information page linked in the thread starter post.
    I've never gotten a slot. Again, not a hurt at all, but this pack didn't help me either. No real issues, just thought I'd let people know

42 40s, LTSer.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    > @stormstryke2 said:
    > pantagruel01 wrote: »
    >
    > Claiming the pack doesn't really do anything to LTS (and is documented as not doing anything), but it's not like you paid anything for it either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Link where documented because nothing says that on the information page linked in the thread starter post.

Q&A on the premium pack page linked above.

"Can current subscribers - Gold or Lifetime - buy this pack on top of their subscription for extra rewards?

If you have ever purchased a subscription or are currently subscribed you can claim the Premium Pack from the bonus tab in the ZEN store. The Premium Pack and Monthly Subscription Rewards do not stack on each other."

Says right there the rewards don't stack. So anything you ever got for subscribing (character slots, etc.) you won't get a second time from the premium pack.
    biffsig.jpg
    > @stormstryke2 said:
    >
    > Claiming the pack doesn't really do anything to LTS (and is documented as not doing anything), but it's not like you paid anything for it either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Link where documented because nothing says that on the information page linked in the thread starter post.

"Can current subscribers - Gold or Lifetime - buy this pack on top of their subscription for extra rewards?

If you have ever purchased a subscription or are currently subscribed you can claim the Premium Pack from the bonus tab in the ZEN store. The Premium Pack and Monthly Subscription Rewards do not stack on each other."

Says right there the rewards don't stack. So anything you ever got for subscribing (character slots, etc.) you won't get a second time from the premium pack.

Yep yep. Thats how it was for me

42 40s, LTSer.
    > @stormstryke2 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

And here are the rewards. Doesn't say 6 character slots. Only 1. So that not stacking doesn't apply.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9052783
    edited July 2018
    That's completely different. That's lifetime rewards, not benefits from subscription/premium pack. That extra character slot wasn't something you get just for being subscribed (like the six slots) it was something you got for being subscribed for X amount of days (or just applied straight away if you went lifetime). The premium pack is there to grant the benefits of the gold subscription to people who had never subscribed before (or given for free to those who previously had), and has nothing to do with the (formerly Veteran-) Lifetime Rewards.
    biffsig.jpg

This one above got the slots and LTS he said.
    If he means he got an extra six slots, then that's likely a bug. If he means he got the lifetime perk for being lifetime, then that's right.
    biffsig.jpg
    I got an extra six slots when I changed from Gold monthly to Lifetime. I had claimed the Premium Pack prior to that but nothing had happened. I assumed that those slots had come from the PP but if they were an LTS bonus, that was fine with me!
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Just my luck. I'm away from home for a week, and they have a Lifetime Supersale. I might have actually done that--too bad I didn't know about it until it was over.