test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ability Suggestion: Transformations/Metamorphisis (All frameworks)

cannotdenycannotdeny Posts: 23 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Suggestions Box
Like the title suggests, this would practically be a viability for every framework - though perhaps under the Supernatural tree as an example.

NOT an ultimate ability, it is merely a watered-down AO/AD though with lesser advantages and set as a toggle.
If anybody remembers Become Vampire, it has an ability called "Beast Form", and I'm surprised that nothing similar has been added yet.

With costume transformations we're slowly getting there, but this suggestion is to add an actual ability with use in combat. In terms of configuring it, we have the tools already - Players can make a "build" or costume for this ability and have it tied together through the Tailor, having another tab added if you have the skill, auras can be added as well.

In order for it to be viable for all builds, there's a few options we could go with:
All stats boost, perhaps
R1: 30
R2: 40
R3: 50

All Damage and All defense boost:
R1: 10% all damage, 5% all damage reduction
R2: 15% all damage, 7.5% all damage reduction
R3: 20% all damage, 10% all damage reduction

Stat enhancements:
R1: 10% offense, 5% defense
R2: 15% offense, 7.5% defense
R3 20% offense, 10% defense

or flat bonuses instead (more in line with the all damage and all defense boost)
R1: 100 offense, 50 defense
R2: 150 offense, 75 defense
R3: 200 offense, 100 defense

etc.
(Tossed this is because it would actually function well with Warden and Vindicator, since there aren't many skills or abilities that boost these stats)

These are all placeholder examples and percentages, it can be anything really.

This ability should drain energy in a similar way to Beast Form, so the longer you keep it on the higher the toggle drain becomes. It would mainly be used for DPS in-and-out damage bursts, cooldown could be something like 30 seconds etc.

Post ideas/balancing/suggestions etc. Would having a metamorphisis be a fun mechanic in this game, considering none currently exists? Why or why not should this be added?

As an added note: This would actually be an EASY ability to add - there is nothing new that has to be created, all assets can be reused. The mechanic exists from Beast Form, the effects can be whatever consensus can be reached for balance, and the form and effects can be set by the players.
Post edited by cannotdeny on

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    That sounds neat. Kind of like Master of the Mind, but instead of just adding an effect it swaps your costume. The only question is if they could in fact do that, since with Beast Form they're not swapping to a custom costume, they're swapping the the same costume every singly time no matter who uses it.

I mean, I'd be fine with that too, a Bestial power that just turns you into a werewolf. Other powersets could have their own like the Electric one turns you into a vaguely humanoid shape made of lightning, Wind could turn you into a wind elemental. Munitions could turn you into a big gun o3o
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    That sounds neat. Kind of like Master of the Mind, but instead of just adding an effect it swaps your costume. The only question is if they could in fact do that, since with Beast Form they're not swapping to a custom costume, they're swapping the the same costume every singly time no matter who uses it.

I mean, I'd be fine with that too, a Bestial power that just turns you into a werewolf. Other powersets could have their own like the Electric one turns you into a vaguely humanoid shape made of lightning, Wind could turn you into a wind elemental. Munitions could turn you into a big gun o3o

I could be completely wrong, but it does seem doable considering we have the tools - even in a low-effort jury rig type of thing, an example being: Press a button that you set for a build (Which you may set with a different outfit/auras/items etc), apply a buff and energy drain effect.

The beauty of it is being extremely malleable for an individuals preference.
    Hell even a werewolf/giant bat would be cool, but more customization the better. Plus, Cryptic can make microbux (biggest incentive for them) if people need better auras/more costume parts for a different look.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I like this suggestion.
  • Options
    alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    ohohohoho....

macho cat sandy ravage PUMPS UP before elbow slam... yes yes yes yes yes yes

translation: WANT.... NOW
  • Options
    God, I hope this gets added. I need "This isn't even my final form" in my life.
  • Options
    Not sure if I can bump but I'll do it anyway
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Sounds good to me
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Is this like a buff or power up with costume changes? If this is what I am reading correctly yes x1,000,000
  • Options
    Bump again
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    I approve​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Seems interesting enough. But instead of offense, how about a regen-like HoT? Maybe even increased regen if you have the passive.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    It seems like this is already pretty doable through keybinds, especially now with the costume transformations. Keybind an AO+AD+Travel Power+Costume transform. Or, go the device route, bind Draysha Supercharge + Experimental Teleiosaurus Injection + Force Shield Belt + Movement Device + Costume Transform and you have a pretty solid "power up" temporary form. For extra sparkle, you can add in something like Voltanic Potential. Or do them all up together!
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    Those are good ideas, and I have something similar going - but the point of the suggestion was to add an in-game ability that can be easier toggled on and off, and another element of watching your energy as it will drain during the transformation.

Emulating it can't do those sadly. Can you give an example keybind of how to put those together?