test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/14/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
Nemesis
  • Added Falchion weapon skin unlock to the store.
​​

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    sad-kermit.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nemesis
    ​​

the Zen store?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Nemesis Vendor
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    which store?
    Nemesis Vendor! It's stated right there Nemesis​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's sure is slow progress for CO the past months...​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Did you add the AF exchange for the event to the ToyMaster?!
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Nemesis Vendor
    which store?

i really am dyslexic, didn't see that first time
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »

The event is over so I doubt it.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Game is dieing!!1!1!!one!!

We should have accepted our Lord and Saviour, the Premium Pack
  • Options
    and a dyslexic myself I can relate :/​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Did you ever hear the one about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who was up all night wondering if there was a dog? ;)

Nemesis Vendor
    which store?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    n8mcd wrote: »

No, they did not :(
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    Zen store says the catalyst sale is till going on (i.e. the are on the "On sale" tab), but prices have gone back to normal.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Did you ever hear the one about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who was up all night wondering if there was a dog? ;)

Nemesis Vendor
    which store?

Please refer to flyingfinn's first post for my reaction to this update and that joke.

lol. it was stupid clever though.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    I'm still waiting for the rest of the patch notes.

I mean, notes would imply plural and there is only one thing listed so either they forgot to post the rest of the notes or the title should read Patch Note 6/14/2018.

Yeah, I've had a bad week and I probably shouldn't take it out on something this harmless, but I did. Not like I was overly mean, cruel or vicious.
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Aside from being sad myself, I like to have the Falchion back, it's cool for genie or arabian/dessert dweller heroes. If we had a single blade Khopesh...
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I assume that the patch notes are sparse because there is something bigger in the works in the background. If that's the case, for future similarly sparse patch notes I suggest including a small note hinting at what's being worked on even if it's not in the current patch. Can be pretty vague.

If nothing is being worked on in the background, then I'd suggest just doing server resets until 3-4 changes are lined up to make for a more substantial set of patch notes.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    Server resets have to occur weekly, patch or no patch.

We don't typically announce anything far ahead of time, but we're always working on something for the game.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    kamokami wrote: »
    I assume that the patch notes are sparse because there is something bigger in the works in the background. If that's the case, for future similarly sparse patch notes I suggest including a small note hinting at what's being worked on even if it's not in the current patch. Can be pretty vague.

If nothing is being worked on in the background, then I'd suggest just doing server resets until 3-4 changes are lined up to make for a more substantial set of patch notes.
    And this line of thinking is why we have to periodically deal with a certain annoyance named Franklin Stone.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    but we're always working on something for the game.​​
    If stymieing the perception that nothing is happening is important, I suggest including a note about the something that's being worked on.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Remember the patriot event is coming up in a few weeks. They might be busy making new stuff for that.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/eNZsWIzEhP4

Bu seriously...they don’t need a note. Most who are commenting have been around long enough to know that no news isn’t NO news.
  • Options
    I've kind of given up on the devs giving us any idea of longish term plans. Doesn't seem to be standard operating procedure.

Also, claiming to be working on things is not the most heartening response. After all, when virtually all resources were stripped out of CO for NW things were still being worked on, lock boxes. Still a bitter memory.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    I mean, come on. Let's not all play dumb here (this is addressed towards the community), we all know what's happening here.

The publisher is frowny face angry that the game is not making as much money as it should/wants so it pushes forward a set of changes. The community is not pleased with these changes, make their opinion known, and the devs communicate this backlash to the higher ups. They manage to convince them to put these changes on hold, but the game still has to make money somehow or we are back to frowny face angry publisher.

So now the devs are probably busy finding an alternative to implement these changes while not completely screwing up their playerbase and thus Single Blade patch and other stuff are put on hold while this issue is resolved, because we all very well know it's not easy working with your boss breathing down your neck.

And let me remind you, the devs didn't have to stop the changes (because as much as we believed it would have killed the game, it was not) but they still did, and I appreciate that they valued the opinion of their players.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I've kind of given up on the devs giving us any idea of longish term plans. Doesn't seem to be standard operating procedure.

If anything I am glad they don't.

Remember the Moon? Remember Dr. Destroyer Island? Remember Vladic going back to the past as a new Bloodmoon event?

Yeah, me neither. Cause they never happened.
    iamynaught wrote: »

Yeah, I've had a bad week and I probably shouldn't take it out on something this harmless, but I did. Not like I was overly mean, cruel or vicious.

No, you were just childish
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Just use this time to finish up stuff you're working on right before the 4th of July event. You know, Rampage.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Aside from being sad myself, I like to have the Falchion back, it's cool for genie or arabian/dessert dweller heroes. If we had a single blade Khopesh...

There's the Arabian Nights set's scimitar on the Z-store and the weapon skin itself on the Melee Weapons pack, also on the Z-store. Also, I don't want to be a party pooper, but the falchion is actually indeed an European sword that isn't related to the scimitar, being essentially the medieval European equivalent of the machete.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018

I'm fine with their current method. A couple sparse patch notes to make people get antsy, then drop Costume Change Transformation Animations on PTS to make everyone who started saying something was wrong look silly :D

Kinda shows how spoiled we've become really. Only been a month since STE dropped and people are already getting crabby about "no significant updates in a while".
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I mean, when Foxi and I are the voices of reason here...
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I'm fine with their current method. A couple sparse patch notes to make people get antsy, then drop Costume Change Transformation Animations on PTS to make everyone who started saying something was wrong look silly :D

Kinda shows how spoiled we've become really. Only been a month since STE dropped and people are already getting crabby about "no significant updates in a while".

Haha alright. Personally, I'd prefer for actual patches to be every 2 weeks and just have a plain server reset on the off-week.

Fewer but more chunky releases might help with more time to test on pts and not having to be on alert for bugs every weekend after a release (just every other weekend).
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Nemesis
    ​​

...That it?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User

STE wasn't a significant content update. It was yet another over-powered fight whether people figured out how to do it or not. Not just that, but it was screwed up with ridiculously strong minions and the cutscenes missing. A significant content update wouldn't have been missing something as essential as CUTSCENES THAT EXPLAIN HOW TO WIN instead of just dropping you into the middle of that mess.

• Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    The cutscenes were going to supply the story of how the nemesis got there, if I'm not mistaken.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    STE wasn't a significant content update.

Statements like this also illustrate how spoiled certain people have become.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Not at all. He's 100% right actually. If an alert is significant to you, then I'm sure you were absolutely disgusted with e3 this year and all that spoiling those other games are doing for their playerbase. Absolutely appalling, I say :p
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Not at all. He's 100% right actually. If an alert is significant to you, then I'm sure you were absolutely disgusted with e3 this year and all that spoiling those other games are doing for their playerbase. Absolutely appalling, I say :p
    Compared to what we usually get in weekly patches? StE was ENORMOUS! I mean just look at this week....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2018

We don't typically announce anything far ahead of time, but we're always working on something for the game.​​

How about a creepies hint? The hunt seems to have petered out at the moment! :p
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited June 2018

How about a creepies hint? The hunt seems to have petered out at the moment! :p

if we knew what kind of rewards were available, we'd be more motivated to figure them out. Also, we don't know if all creepies are in yet. Fenny didn't trigger before a certain patch was applied.

So there's no point in searching for all creepies if their trigger events aren't even added yet.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Which, of course, only begs the question of why not?
    We don't typically announce anything far ahead of time, ...​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Because Biff Happens.

Don’t want to promise something and it fail....then imagine that uproar!
  • Options
    Which, of course, only begs the question of why not?
    We don't typically announce anything far ahead of time, ...​​
    Because plans are fluid, and people can and have flipped out because an idea that they liked didn't get made.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters