test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A bunch'a punches

jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Suggestions Box
InternetFight.gif

I couldn't help but notice the only "punching" maintain attack we have at the moment is One Hundred Hands. While this power is nice, visuals are very important to me and a lot of melee strikes are to set into a specific theme that may not fit the concept we're going for. Claws and teeth naturally suit a bestial character, the martial arts animations all fit with that respective genre (even if some have supernatural effects like fire), and Might's charge punches and floor pounding/ground stomping are just what you would expect a hero with super strength to do. Unfortunately, we don't have something more generic that could suit any theme/concept.

Clobber and Wield Earth's melee animations are close to what i'm hoping for, but these are both energy builders and not a medium-tier power. Even a slower unarmed version of Hawk's Talons would look great. I want a simple punching maintain attack without fire effects or shots that send enemies rocketing into the stratosphere. Nothing fancy, just good old fisticuffs perfected from centuries of settling disputes outside, mano-y-mano. When you think of the classic golden age heroes, they primarily had two main forms of offense; justice punches and the Vintage Double Head Bonk which you can read about here: http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-bizarrely-era-specific-comic-book-heroes-part-1/

We received the flame thrower attack in Munitions as a single power not yet tied into any one AT, so I hope this could appear in our roster of melee attacks to choose from. Since nearly every character in CO has arms, it could suit any theme and not look out of place. Maybe in the future we could even build a separate AT with it, including the Headbutt and a few other lonely/forgotten strikes not currently part of any AT. But for now, please give us just one regular punching maintain power, so I don't have to try to explain why my completely normal human character makes fire and floating Earth appear when they punch a villain. :)