test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Equilikinesis Adept {Darkness/Celestial Technology) & PROJECT: Guardian (Unarmed/Power Armor)

Hey Peps!

So, now that I've finished the Psionic builds and done revamping and redesigning the OC to fit them, I think it's time, so once again I'm here with 2 unique builds for two different OCs (I was thinking to make each topic but it saves going back and forward).

{Equilikinesis}

The Equilikinesis Adept wields only its Implants & Augmentations, allowing them to weld considerable powerful abilities, that can elter the cells at a monocle level. Yin/Yang, Dark & Light, it goes by meny names, but it all replies on Technology, rather then something that doesn't exist "Magic".

They do weld some physical items, such as devices or Gadgets to help them along their way, including Support Drones, when needed and when necessary a non-lethal sidearm.

This build will be a hybrid of Darkness/Cel powers, focusing on DPS/Healing Jack of Trades, with a minor boosts to DPS, rather then support. (Hybrid Role). Now something unique about this build is that it has a strict power rule. The powers can only come from each "plam" they respect, Cyan & Purple. (See Pic: https://ibb.co/e4ctqo). As in the build the Blast & Beam share the respected lot.

However powers that uses both hands that form a "Orb" (Exp: Ebon Ruin) are acceptable, as they do not "Form" or "Exit" the palms.

Here is the build far:
v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
Level 6:
Level 10:
Level 15:

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Radiance (advantages)
Level 1: Rebuke (advantages)
Level 6: Shadow Embrace (advantages)
Level 8: Seraphim (advantages)
Level 11: Ebon Void (advantages)
Level 14:
Level 17:
Level 20:
Level 23: Resurrection Serum (advantages)
Level 26: Support Drones (advantages)
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 2/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Arcane Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations

Keep in mind that the TP, has been locked, so the build will suffer -2 adv points. I am unsure on the SS, but given its a Hybrid, Focus will be pehras Pree/Con & Rec (Or Ego).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

{PROJECT: Guardian}

The Guardian (the name for now), welds a strong power suit/Armor that is capable of taking damage and dealing physical damage, useing its quantum fists and kicks. While sharing some technology based powers, such as being able to self-repair or support allys.

Heavy Punches and Powerful kicks, is this builds role, but not slow and sluggish.

This build will focus on useing Heavy Attacks, with a mix of power armor (Note: Not "slotted powers") with a mix of Gadgets. (Maybe some Chin powers, but we'll have to see)

The build so far:
v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
Level 6:
Level 10:
Level 15:

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Clobber (advantages)
Level 1: Beatdown (advantages)
Level 6: Defensive Combo (advantages)
Level 8: Invulnerability (advantages)
Level 11: Defiance (advantages)
Level 14: Uppercut (advantages)
Level 17:
Level 20:
Level 23:
Level 26:
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 0/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations

Keep in mind, yes I do have 2 passives, but in terms of Tanking & DPS, I am unsure what is "Better", Sats will be moreless Con/Strg and Rec? (Or Dex) unsure on that, not so well with sats lol.

Big thanks

Have fun!

Psi.

Comments

• Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=29&n=&d=113709137EPA020030J000E22FJE0CJA00JB03K5039D03JK0J860aJ80JER00ON01K600000010gC0CAT3T3B

For guardian, last power can be whatever, gear with at least 500 con when tanking, if DPS, gear for a little bit of rec and alot of str.

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    For the first build: Most non-weapon powers emanate from the hands (or can be made to), and as long as ur subbed you can also re-color any power to suit the theme. Now, I can understand suspending your disbelief for the purposes of fulfilling a theme, but do know that Darkness and Celestial are technically more like 'magic' in CO, so the build parameters you gave can come off as a bit confusing.

Anyways, I guess you could use a build that alternates between Rebuke taps and ERuin charges w/ Preemptive Strike. Its not very ideal, but can still work okay for more casual content if you want to play more like a Hybrid:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=29&n=&d=15360bNOVPWY1130007000K103K7036500LM05L500K503Ma0KLA07L6059D017Q01ER007U000ckr3byR0FS7

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Sonic Blaster (advantages)
    Level 1: Rebuke (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 11: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Dark Displacement)
    Level 14: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Hex of Suffering (Rune of Lethargy, Rune of Terror)
    Level 23: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Rank 3, Nyctophobia)
    Level 26: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Support Drones (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 38: Resurrection Serum (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (2/3)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Sonic Blaster was just for the theme of having a 'non-lethal sidearm' (and being very low-dps, end builders fit the bill pretty well :p ). Puts up debuffs w/ Hex on cd, then uses SEmbrace for AoE, or alternates Rebuke and ERuin for single targets. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Pres.

-

Blockwave's build is pretty good for the 2nd one, and yea I wouldn't pick two defensive passives for a dual passive build. Unstoppable is a good pick for the dps passive there, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    flowcyto wrote: »
    For the first build: Most non-weapon powers emanate from the hands (or can be made to), and as long as ur subbed you can also re-color any power to suit the theme. Now, I can understand suspending your disbelief for the purposes of fulfilling a theme, but do know that Darkness and Celestial are technically more like 'magic' in CO, so the build parameters you gave can come off as a bit confusing.

Anyways, I guess you could use a build that alternates between Rebuke taps and ERuin charges w/ Preemptive Strike. Its not very ideal, but can still work okay for more casual content if you want to play more like a Hybrid:

I'm subbed yes, lifetime. But yes I kown "in-game" the powers are set as mystical, but given the right look and color, Celestial powers can come across like Nanites. But yes, sorry for the confusion. And given the fact we don't have any "Dark matter" or "Biotic" powers in-game they'll have to do.

I'll see what I can edit and toy with the colors and power choices (Just a shame we can't pick what plam L or R, where it emanates from) But I'll look into it.

And huh, I didn't think of useing Sonic Blaster EU, as for such!, nice idea flow

As for the 2nd build: I;ll likely stick with Unstoppable then, as it will be a mix of DPS/Tanking.
    Psi.
  • Options
    Ok, so here is a update:

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 8: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Dark Displacement)
    Level 11: Energy Shield (advantages)
    Level 17: Lifedrain (Vampiric Sympathy)
    Level 20: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Rank 3, Nyctophobia)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 26: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Illumination?
    Level 32: MD?
    Level 35: ???
    Level 38: ???
    Adv. Points: 29/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations

So far the build seems great, Main 3 powers are decent Blast/Beam as its main weapon. I've removed rank in LD, due to ranks make it a bit blaring in visuals (Tho I might just remove it, in favor for another decent heal).

I've removed Hex Of Suffer or whatever it's called, not much of a fan, but thinking on adding: Illumination, as a heal (granted its on the oppoiest hand, but I like the yin/yang effect). As for the rest of the powers I'm quite stubbed.

Rec is a bit of a issue, so I might swap around some Stats, Maybe go for the Heal Focus, then with Mid DPS. (So: Pre as main stat, Con and Rec?) And Ego as talents. (Or even Con as Tel).

For the rest of the powers, I got 2-3 to play with. I'm not so sure. I do ofc need a AO, so MD might come in handy.

Trying to address the: "alternates between Rebuke taps and ERuin charges w/ Preemptive Strike." issue, as its not very ideal, granted I only do alerts or fun missions (No longer, doing Mechanon level or Lermia, etc)

Psi.
  • Options
    Here is the 2nd build: Not much done do it yet, but needed some thoughts. How strong can the Chi-Energy effects be in terms of DPS?, type of "Unarmed/Power Armor" build I'm going for is that the punches are more energy based from the suit itself, so the strong cutters or power is boosted by the suits power, like a Exosuit.

So, in terms of Might & Chi-Affects, what whuold be more powerful?, Chi Effects do look alot more sparkly and such, and then the Might has more "Raw" meat do it, loud sparks of powers. (Thp, you can't change color do the effects, that look like electrical discharges around you).

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: Superhuman (Str: 12, Con: 12)
    Level 6: Mighty (Str: 8)
    Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
    Level 12: Tireless (Rec: 8)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Uppercut (Rank 2, Head Trauma)
    Level 11: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14:
    Level 17:
    Level 20:
    Level 23:
    Level 26:
    Level 29:
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 16/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    For the 1st build, you prob shouldn't axe Hex, unless you replace it w/ something else that can apply Fear at least. Fear helps proc Spirit Reverb, and also boosts ERuin's dmg further w/ its special adv (it also helps if using Lifedrain's special adv, but you may be getting rid of that). I also included Hex cause it can roll Trapped w/ its Root adv, which is nice to have.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about the rotation that I gave you, but even if there's higher dps combos out there, ERuin boosted by Preemptive Strike and Fear can still pack a punch. It should be sufficient enough for your needs, as long as you don't have energy issues.

There's no pressing need to have Illumination in there from a mechanical standpoint (notable synergies are w/ Soul Beam to help boost its dmg, w/ Celestial Conduit to help it chain, and w/ Ascension's Judgement adv), but its up to you.

As for Rec, you can always talent for it, and/or have a piece of 2ndary gear w/ it. You may be having energy issues if you don't have Fear in the rotation somewhere, though, as then you aren't procing the EU (I know SEmbrace can Fear, but its chance-based, and that's more used for AoE).

MD is a good option, as is an AO. You have some leeway there to pick what you want.

-

The 2nd build still doesn't have much to go on. Did you not like the build given to you before?

Unarmed can be good for dps now, but its a pretty big shift to go to that from Might overall- even just in terms of theme.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    For the 1st build, you prob shouldn't axe Hex, unless you replace it w/ something else that can apply Fear at least. Fear helps proc Spirit Reverb, and also boosts ERuin's dmg further w/ its special adv (it also helps if using Lifedrain's special adv, but you may be getting rid of that). I also included Hex cause it can roll Trapped w/ its Root adv, which is nice to have.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about the rotation that I gave you, but even if there's higher dps combos out there, ERuin boosted by Preemptive Strike and Fear can still pack a punch. It should be sufficient enough for your needs, as long as you don't have energy issues.

There's no pressing need to have Illumination in there from a mechanical standpoint (notable synergies are w/ Soul Beam to help boost its dmg, w/ Celestial Conduit to help it chain, and w/ Ascension's Judgement adv), but its up to you.

As for Rec, you can always talent for it, and/or have a piece of 2ndary gear w/ it. You may be having energy issues if you don't have Fear in the rotation somewhere, though, as then you aren't procing the EU (I know SEmbrace can Fear, but its chance-based, and that's more used for AoE).

MD is a good option, as is an AO. You have some leeway there to pick what you want.

-

The 2nd build still doesn't have much to go on. Did you not like the build given to you before?

Unarmed can be good for dps now, but its a pretty big shift to go to that from Might overall- even just in terms of theme.

As for the first build, I'll stick to the normal Preemptive Strike and Fear Combo, then, if it can pack quite the punch, I was just wondering on, if changing SS whuold be ideal, but seems not. As I do enjoy having quite a bit of starting engrey (Don't ask why lol) (But tbh: Gear can help me with that)

As for Hex, I'm wondering if Ego Sleep whuold be a better alternative?, as it does stop mobs dead in their tracks and chuold be a good open-uper. Just let me kown what you think.

I've removed Lifedrain, seems a bit off for this OCs style of fighting, not much a person who sucks the life out of people. So unsure what power to replace for that.

Oh and I added Conc, as I forgot to put that in my build, whoops lol.

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 11: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 14: Energy Shield (advantages)
    Level 17: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 20: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Rank 3, Nyctophobia)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 32: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations

Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    P.S: Just tired the Sleep Combo, it seems more micro-mangy, then quickly tapping Hex, I do have to admit.

Energy don't seem much of a issue now (the idiot being me, forgot to rank up the powers and such)
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Well, Sleep can be tapped too- it just won't affect in an AoE then. But yea, I found Hex a better fit for that build. I also wouldn't get normal ranks of Sleep if using it just for debuffing.

Didn't notice you dropped the toggle from my build, but good catch there. It would def contribute to energy (and dmg) issues if you forgot it.

If you want to change Pres SS, you could- I just stuck it in there cause it helps Seraphim's aura a bit and cause it gives you decent bonus heal. Dex SS would be more for committed dps (though it can help w/ crit heals, Pres is more reliable for healing boosts).
  • Options

No of course not, the build is pretty neat for a AT style power set or if you wanted to go in and all out.

I did want to try what Unarmed Chi effects whuold be any more powerful than Might, but after playing around with both shifts of trees, Might just has that "Wuhm!" to it, so I'll be sticking with that, sorry for the confuse I was wondering asking, what whuold be "Stronger".

Speeking of Might: I do have quite a bit of con, but whuold keeping the passive now keep the balance of Tanking/DPS, rather than Defiance?, Defiance seems quite nice, as I don't really plan knocking mobs off maps (Throwing them too far away, can be a real issue, I found) So I won't have powers that will knock too far. (Roomsweeper/Haymaker, etc).

As for the rest of the powers, I've gone with a small mix of Fire powers, due to my OC does have fire powers, but they are honed more on Support, then damage dealing.

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Surge of Strength)
    Level 6: Defiance (advantages)
    Level 8: Uppercut (Rank 2, Head Trauma)
    Level 14: Binding Shot (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Warmth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 26: Mighty Kick (Rank 2, Madness?!)
    Level 29: Unbreakable (advantages)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 30/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

I might add, Pyre or Flame Prison, for a extra CC/Fire & Heal power, but depending on what will be better, as for the rest unsure.
    Psi.
  • Options
    If sticking to Might and not wanting KBs, then you can use Demolish (can KD instead of KB) for single targets, and most of the other Might AoEs other than Roomsweeper. Defiance is a fine passive, as long as you can secure aggro to keep getting hit (defense combo can help if you don't, but it adds threat if not tanking).

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=29&n=&d=11370WAEPMBT000000J000J20ZJA00JE04J905JD007G00JG05K503ON01J70C9D03ER00JB030i5q3T3B2MGB

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Body and Mind (Str: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Defiance (advantages)
    Level 8: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 11: Iron Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique)
    Level 14: Mighty Leap (advantages)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Iron Lariat (Intimidate, Work Up)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 38: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Can occasionally throw in Defensive Combo when tanking to put up Challenge, though I excluded Challenge from other attacks so you don't get that threat when dpsing w/ Unstoppable. I think you mentioned chain powers before, so I stuck some in the build. Powers could be re-ordered a bit if leveling. Gears mostly for Str for dps, and for Con when taking. Rec and Int can also help w/ energy.
  • Options
    Well, Sleep can be tapped too- it just won't affect in an AoE then. But yea, I found Hex a better fit for that build. I also wouldn't get normal ranks of Sleep if using it just for debuffing.

Didn't notice you dropped the toggle from my build, but good catch there. It would def contribute to energy (and dmg) issues if you forgot it.

If you want to change Pres SS, you could- I just stuck it in there cause it helps Seraphim's aura a bit and cause it gives you decent bonus heal. Dex SS would be more for committed dps (though it can help w/ crit heals, Pres is more reliable for healing boosts).

I see, well Hex it is then, I'll stick with Ego being my main SS, As the Specs does boost my 2ndy SS, (I have no idea if that counts as gear too, if Ego builds up Ego SS as the Prime stat and the Spec kicks in).

Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    If sticking to Might and not wanting KBs, then you can use Demolish (can KD instead of KB) for single targets, and most of the other Might AoEs other than Roomsweeper. Defiance is a fine passive, as long as you can secure aggro to keep getting hit (defense combo can help if you don't, but it adds threat if not tanking).

I'll take a look at the differ passives and such, getting threat might be hectic, but all depends on how well the tanking holds up, tho,
    Psi.
  • Options
    Ok, so updated on the Might/Power Armor Build.

Added in Uppercut, as it's only a KP. kept Demolish. I don't recall asking for chain powers, so I replaced them with Cyber-Tether and Warmth and Pyre, for her "Fire powers". I also gave her unbreakable to fit her suit. I was thinking to add drones for extra support, but unsure got 2 points left for whatever powers. Something Power Amory I'm thinking.

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 8: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Uppercut (Rank 2, Head Trauma)
    Level 14: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 17: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 20: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 23: Cybernetic Tether (Recharge, Radiate)
    Level 26: Warmth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Unbreakable (advantages)
    Level 32: Pyre (Backdraft, Burning Sun)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Stats and such remained unchanged
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    And the other build:

Put Hex back in, as its more spammable, removed Lifedrain fully and replaced it with Botic Shielding for a more "Biotic/Bio" thame fitting. (As her powers are bio based)

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 11: Energy Shield (advantages)
    Level 17: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 32: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations

I ditched the drones, due to they don't really fit her too well, She's more a master of Genetics and such, she don't really build Drones or such. Resurrection Serum will be likely added. But unsure yet, need to toy with it.

Unsure on the last power however, maybe another tech power, but i'll play around with the last powers, maybe even Illumination?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The hell is wrong with the BB-Code
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    From the original post:

"This build will focus on useing Heavy Attacks, with a mix of power armor (Note: Not "slotted powers") with a mix of Gadgets. (Maybe some Chin powers, but we'll have to see)"

I thought you mistyped chain as 'Chin' here, but I guess you meant 'chi'.

Anyways, I wouldn't normally use heals like Warmth on a tank and/or dps build, just cause they won't have high hps, and when you channel them you aren't doing other things more suited to your role. But its up to you if you really want a channeled heal or not; they aren't useless, but more limited if ur not a support or a hybrid of some sort.

You may also have energy issues using Pyre, but I guess taking a lunge to proc MSA quickly can help (you could take Thermal Reverb, but then you'd want a way to put up CF outside of Pyre). Uppercut is kinda redundant w/ Demolish in the build for single targets already. I'd prob also use Masterful Dodge over Unbreakable, unless maybe you wanted Unbreakable's special adv for Enrage building. Support Drones aren't really gonna be that strong there, either way (and they give an energy penalty)- but if its for theme then go ahead.

-

The edit to the Light + Darkness build looks okay. If you are playing it in groups then I prob would pick Res Serum, but the last few powers are a bit more up to you. Maybe get a rank of Energy Shield too, if you have the spare points afterward.
  • Options
    From the original post:

"This build will focus on useing Heavy Attacks, with a mix of power armor (Note: Not "slotted powers") with a mix of Gadgets. (Maybe some Chin powers, but we'll have to see)"

I thought you mistyped chain as 'Chin' here, but I guess you meant 'chi'.

Anyways, I wouldn't normally use heals like Warmth on a tank and/or dps build, just cause they won't have high hps, and when you channel them you aren't doing other things more suited to your role. But its up to you if you really want a channeled heal or not; they aren't useless, but more limited if ur not a support or a hybrid of some sort.

You may also have energy issues using Pyre, but I guess taking a lunge to proc MSA quickly can help (you could take Thermal Reverb, but then you'd want a way to put up CF outside of Pyre). Uppercut is kinda redundant w/ Demolish in the build for single targets already. I'd prob also use Masterful Dodge over Unbreakable, unless maybe you wanted Unbreakable's special adv for Enrage building. Support Drones aren't really gonna be that strong there, either way (and they give an energy penalty)- but if its for theme then go ahead.

Yeah, did mean chi, I had a habit of calling it "Chin" lol.

I'll edit out Warmth on the tank build, to something that might help better, I did notice the Energy issue with Pyre, so I'll try to see what I can edit from there, as for a lunge, I'll put one in. Unbreakable, the Advcan be handy for Enrage building yes.

I'll see what I can picking in-between Demo and Uppercut

The edit to the Light + Darkness build looks okay. If you are playing it in groups then I prob would pick Res Serum, but the last few powers are a bit more up to you. Maybe get a rank of Energy Shield too, if you have the spare points afterward.

I'll see what I can do
    Psi.
  • Options
    Ok, so here is the: {PROJECT: Guardian} Build

I've removed Uppercut, Warmy and Pyre. Sadly uppercutt is not as strong as Demoman (a shame, but can always imagine she can still do them). I've added Nova Flair, due to how cheap it is to cast and can provide minor heals/supports. (Did go for the Adv, but rank 3 might be just better overall, and its spamable, so it effects MSA). So no reason not to take it.

I added flash-fire, again feels cheap to cast, deal some nice damage and adds a type of Root, effect. Cooldown is quick, so again helps MSA. And then Absorb Heat, combos well, with all fire powers, cheep to cast (Sort of), procs MSA and heals (and team?). Also the Adv slows mobs down.

As for the last 2 powers, I have friggin clue.

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 8: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 14: Lightning Strike (advantages)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Flashfire (Rank 2, Sweltering Heat)
    Level 23: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Chilling Touch)
    Level 26: Nova Flare (Rank 2, Thaw)
    Level 29: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 32: Unbreakable (Better You Than Me)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Psi.
  • Options
    If you're going w/ more Fire powers (and/or things that can put up CFlames), you could try TReverb as the EU instead, though then you would want End over Int.

Nova Flare prob won't be too convenient, since it takes an ally target to use. Again, its prob something better suited to support builds. The CF + Absorb Heat combo can work pretty well, though (and I'd prob get Absorb Heat to r3 then- you don't need Chill here).

I think you need to nail down a fitting AoE attack. If you want a melee AoE that knocks, you could take a weapon-based AoE if you have invis weapons skins (like Brimstone, Arc, or Scything Blade). Inexorable Tides is also a melee AoE that knocks.

Brimstone w/ adv + invis weapons would be good w/ TReverb, since it can leave a pyre patch. An example of that build:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=29&n=&d=11380WAQFPEa000000J000J20XJB03JE04JG05K5032D00HG052N01ON012H032C031500JA0010gw3T3B2MGB

Super Stats
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Challenge!)
    Level 8: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 11: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 20: Brimstone (Rank 2, Aftershock)
    Level 23: Flashfire (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Lightning Strike (advantages)
    Level 38: Defiance (advantages)

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
  • Options
    And here is the edited Guardian build:

I am loving The CF + Absorb Heat combo pretty well, so thats surely a keeper, again I added unbreakable for its Adv, removed the 2nd passive, as I no plan to keep swapping, added Scything Blade (Got Energy Dagger, so looks part of the suit), it adds bleed so it's affected my passive.

Cov added as normal and added Aggressor for a AO, so fits well with the AD, but last power can be whatever.

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Challenge!)
    Level 8: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Fiery Spirit)
    Level 14: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 17: Lightning Strike (advantages)
    Level 23: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Heavy Blade)
    Level 35: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Aggressor (advantages)

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Psi.
  • Options
    I may still favor Brimstone w/ adv for a build using TReverb, but I suppose as long as you keep Flashfire up somewhere you'll be okay w/ a diff AoE for theme. You may want to test in the PH to make sure energy is fine for both single-target and AoE, either way. If you wanted to free up adv points for travel powers or w/e, you could de-rank Flashfire for it.
  • Options
    I may still favor Brimstone w/ adv for a build using TReverb, but I suppose as long as you keep Flashfire up somewhere you'll be okay w/ a diff AoE for theme. You may want to test in the PH to make sure energy is fine for both single-target and AoE, either way. If you wanted to free up adv points for travel powers or w/e, you could de-rank Flashfire for it.

I would've picked Brimstone, but I don't have any skins that can really fit the thame, I mean build is not done so I chuold wait until I find a Invs-skin and pick that if will be better. If it does really help TRev

As for flash-fire, will be useing that at start of fights more likely, so just so fitting for her. I;'ll test for energy as well and let you kown.
    Psi.
  • Options
    Turns out there is no skins that can fit the thame, nor do I own the Invs-skins, so guess I'll have stick with what I got
    Psi.
  • Options
    Well, if Scything Blade still fits the theme, then that's fine for AoE here (energy permitting).
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Well, if Scything Blade still fits the theme, then that's fine for AoE here (energy permitting).

Oh, alright then, was finding a work around for Brimstone but hey

Edit: energy permitting?
    Psi.
  • Options
    cryneting wrote: »
    "You may want to test in the PH to make sure energy is fine for both single-target and AoE, either way."
  • Options
    cryneting wrote: »
    "You may want to test in the PH to make sure energy is fine for both single-target and AoE, either way."

Oh...lol
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ok build is done: Energy seems to be fine, so see a odd drop of energy, but it surely shoots up when I trigger both TRev & Enrage, so not much of a issue.

I may go for Inexorable Tides in the end, due to it don't require a charge-up and I;'m gonna assume it's much cheeper to cast (spamable as well). Am I right?

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Surge of Strength)
    Level 8: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 17: Lightning Strike (advantages)
    Level 23: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Heavy Blade)
    Level 35: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Aggressor (advantages)

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

But yes overall build is great!
    Psi.
  • Options
    Yea, Tides could work for the AoE in theory, but its going to cost quite more energy over time to spam an instant attack vs. a charged attack, generally (though charged attacks like Scything can also be tapped, it still takes more energy per sec to tap-spam).
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    -dual post-
    Psi.
  • Options
    Yea, Tides could work for the AoE in theory, but its going to cost quite more energy over time to spam an instant attack vs. a charged attack, generally (though charged attacks like Scything can also be tapped, it still takes more energy per sec to tap-spam).

Ahh I see, never mind then
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    And here is the Equilikinesis Adept build, I had no idea what other powers to put in her so, I just went for rebirth: I replaced botic healing with Nova Flair, fits better and it's a decent min-heal.

Stuck with the serm and leveled my Block, got one tiny point left.

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 17: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 32: Nova Flare (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Rebirth (advantages)
    Level 38: Resurrection Serum (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations

Like legit, I have no idea what the last power should of been, so I just stuck with that
    Psi.
  • Options
    Taking an ally res is a good idea for any healer. Keep in mind that you can also use Rebuke to heal allies if they are low on health- if the other healing sources aren't doing the job quite well enough.
  • Options
    Taking an ally res is a good idea for any healer. Keep in mind that you can also use Rebuke to heal allies if they are low on health- if the other healing sources aren't doing the job quite well enough.

Cheers then, Rebirth might be ideal too for a healer, to get back into battle, if they whuold fall. And yes Rebuke whuold be useful for that.
    Psi.