test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is Homestead?

Socrates mentions a location named that in the first Cybermind mission as part of the inspiration for the way the virtual world is visualized. As far as I can tell "Homestead" is the part where you see cafes and such like things along the side of the long parts of the hall.

But what IS it?
ChampsWiki
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My characters

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Homestead is the headquarters building for the Champions. It's that big C-shaped one that dominates the skyline east of RenCen.

(And it always makes me think of a throwaway line from the mid-'80s Villains & Vigilantes comic book. "Why is the table shaped like a giant C? Is that in case we forget we're the Crusaders??")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I wish we got more use out of the inside of the Champions HQ. E.g. when Mechanon attacks some number of heroes need to go inside the building for some task (defend something, rescue something, kill something). A bit like the way the Snake Gulch event works now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Oh, I went back and watched it again. Socrates said "Homestead and Millennium City", which makes more sense than what I was thinking.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    > @jonsills said:
    > Homestead is the headquarters building for the Champions. It's that big C-shaped one that dominates the skyline east of RenCen.
    >
    > (And it always makes me think of a throwaway line from the mid-'80s Villains & Vigilantes comic book. "Why is the table shaped like a giant C? Is that in case we forget we're the Crusaders??")

What's funny is I've had people in-game argue with me when I call Champs HQ Homestead. Never mind quest text and a whole tutorial mission that names it.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]