test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could this Nemesis patch be the first of many?

New Nemesis alert.
New Nemesis rewards.
Revised nemesis currency.
Future new updates to Nemesis power sets...

These changes imply that there may be even more love to come for the Nemesis system.

Is this just wishful thinking?
If not, what kind of tweaks to the Nemesis system do you predict in the long term?

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, what I would love to see most for the nemesis system would be some sort of scaling for the nemesis. For example, they get some bonus if you're a strong AT like an unleashed, and an even stronger bonus if you're a FF, but they get a penalty if you're in support role, and so on. Maybe even have your gear affect it. All to make your nemesis scale to the power of your character.

It's a pipe dream, of course, but I guess those are the sort of pipe dreams I have.
  • Options
    pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'd love to see some actual divergence between the three Nemesis 'styles', rather than just the occasional text change - i.e. different mission threads or, at least, different 'key' missions. That'd prompt some reason to actually play through the missions and get additional Nemeses.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I've said this stuff numerous times.

Look, no idea if they have any further plans for the nemesis system or what they may be, but if I am making some changes (just a few for now):

1) Edit nemesis names/delete nemesis - Simple enough.... I have created some nemeses where the name sounded better when I hit enter than it did at any point after that, but I am stuck with them.

Just let me delete the nemesis from my character or allow me to change the name so that I can come up with something I like better or even turn them into a totally different nemesis.

2) More power options - Replace the current framework selection with AT selection (including showing what powers the nemesis will have and allowing the player to select all choices at creation and re-select them through nemesis editing).
    Also, the player should be allowed to apply owned auras to the nemesis and select all weapon skins from what they have unlocked as well.

And this would be limited to the ATs that the player can select. If they have not yet unlocked the Witch, for example, then they can not make their nemesis a Witch. No freeforms, though.

3) More minion options - Why can my nemesis not be a Viper boss? Why can I not have generic "Agent" minions?
    Every NPC villain organization should be represented, and they should use re-colored skins for generic versions. So the "Thugs", I think it is, that are Purple Gang clones? They would be given different colored clothes and they would add actual Purple Gang minions to the system. Viper Agent minions as well as generic "Agent" minions. Argent minions and "Cyborg" minions. Qularr in addition to the insectoids. Gadroon and "Frog-Men". On and on.

4) Make the nemesis type matter (and more) - Why does my savage make the same death ray that my mastermind makes? Why does my high-tech nemesis mess around with Ghost Veil?

I know that this is a pipe dream, but when creating a nemesis I want to be able to look at several different personality types and also skill types, and know that each combination will tell a different story (and hopefully at least two, determined at random).

So one from column "A" (Mastermind, Savage, Maniac) and one from Column "B" (Arms, Mysticism, Science), creating nine different combinations, and as they work up the missions and overall story(s) for each, they could create spaces for other types to add later.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I doubt anything drastic like that is going to happen. A few bug fixes, and fixing inconsistencies between nemesis types? Maybe.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    If only we had a create a sidekick part of the nemesis mission...that would be cool.

Doesn’t mean a permanent one but just for story sake
  • Options
    pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
    Renaming / deleting a Nemesis can't be done atm, but you can just work through their mission thread and retire them in favour of a new Nemesis. With daily chair-farming it doesn't even take too long... I just think it's less common for people to bother these days with all the other content available. Actually working the Nemesis missions may become more common again now if they do go ahead and keep adding stuff (and good stuff, one hopes) to the Nemesis vendor.

I'd like more 'generic' minion types too - I loved it when they added the three 'elemental' types (burning, freezing, whatever the yellow lightning themed guys are) to the minion options, as they at least look more like traditional comicbook 'goons' than, say, cowboys or pirates. A generic minion type you could choose a primary colour and a logo for would be amazing. I'd also like to see more ladies represented in the minion types too, beyond werewolves and vampires - after all, it's been the 21st century for a while now... ;)