test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180427.8 - Moar Nemesis Alert Stuff

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Nemesis
  • Adjusted the interact distance for the consoles to help with the shield lower effect not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the lockout gate was not going away once the mission was completed/failed.
  • Fixed a bug where the repulsion effect was off centered.
  • Temporarily removed the Coruscating Might mod from the Nemesis store and alert drop table. It will return at a later date.
  • Added in Burst mod rewards in their place for the time being.
  • This alert will give Smash and Grab XP/Resource rewards for completion as well as some Nemesis Recognition.

Added the following rewards as a chance to drop from the alert:
Any completion:
  • Data Panel costume
  • Tech Guard costume
  • Crouch Idle emote

Nemesis completion:
  • Ray Gun weapon skin
  • Sleek Visor costume
  • Taunt Threaten emote

Shutdown Laser completion:
  • Hi Tech weapon skin
  • Block Visor costume
  • Proud Idle emote

Destroy Laser completion:
  • Prime Rifle weapon skin
  • Analytic Visor costume
  • Ready Idle emote

Misc
  • Updated many large enemies to not display bleed and demolish fx.
  • The teleportation pad near Defender in the rencen now offers transport to the police station if you are level 25+.
​​

Comments

• Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by atlassarnosian on
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    We tested most of the nemesis powersets
    • archery - root from storm of arrows is very strong
    • bestial - regen seems very weak
    • celestial - seraphim doesn't heal
    • darkness - selfheals are still quite high (as of .6)
    • fire - doesn't have any passive
    • force - doesn't have any passive
    • gadgets - PFF regeneration is still quite high (as of .6)
    • dual blades - no passive and uses form of the swordsman, eye of the storm shield is quite strong (as of .6)
    • claws - no passive and focus of the untamed warrior (?!)
    • single blade - no passive and uses form of the tiger
    • PA - passive doesn't do much
    • might - defiance could cause problems for low dps groups
    • munitions - no problems
    • sorcery - no problems
    • telepathy - no problems
    • ice - no problems
    • infernal - no problems
    • TK - not tested yet
    • unarmed MA - not tested yet
    • electricity - not tested yet

And some generic feedback
    • Turret wireframes are to small
    • Nemesis damage could be upped a bit
    • There are often double drops in the reward circle
    • MA minnions use stuns that can be a bit mean during the forcefield stage on the upper floor
    • The nemesis minions can drop nemesis clues
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    aiqa wrote: »
    • Turret wireframes are to small

Not much a size thing but a color thing. The orange hue used can be hard to spot. Maybe change it to cyan or yellow

Additionally to what Lyn said, I would like to add that Nem powersets seem to be wildly inconsistent. Some like Might, Force or Ice have a Block. Some like Claws/SB/DB have a Form. Some have Passive. Telepathy even has an Active Offense.

I think ideally all Nems should have a Passive and a Block, and maybe a Form to make them feel more like complete characters.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I suspect it would be better to convert nems to use AT powersets, but that seems like a large project.
  • Options
    We'll be tweaking nemesis that have passives that cause them to be more resilient then we'd like them to be in the alert, but updating their powers is not in the scope of this particular update.​​
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    What about giving passives to the nems currently lacking one? Specially offensive passive to up their damage a lil bit, cause currently the Enforcer mobs are hitting harder than Fire/Force nems for example
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    We'll be tweaking nemesis that have passives that cause them to be more resilient then we'd like them to be in the alert, but updating their powers is not in the scope of this particular update.​​

Hope that happens eventually though.
  • Options
    Eventually yes. It's likely that we'll start touching them up set by set once this alert is released.​​
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Eventually yes. It's likely that we'll start touching them up set by set once this alert is released.​​
    Nemesis getting some love, Thank you.
    tumblr_inline_ny8rjdP4bu1r95fgm_500.png
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Hopefully, whatever is letting players pick up another players nem clue and thus preventing them from ever getting another clue is also being looked into. Especially if minions from the new alert can drop them, otherwise we'll be seeing a lot of generic nemesis.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    Or, as has been suggested by another, put a timer (24 hours?) on the clue. Use it in that time or it disappears.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    Hopefully, whatever is letting players pick up another players nem clue and thus preventing them from ever getting another clue is also being looked into. Especially if minions from the new alert can drop them, otherwise we'll be seeing a lot of generic nemesis.

Just because you can't advance your Nemesis story arc doesn't mean you don't have a Nemesis.
    Or does it?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »

Just because you can't advance your Nemesis story arc doesn't mean you don't have a Nemesis.
    Or does it?

No, but it's been mentioned before people have been avoiding entering a nemesis alert in the past where their clue might end up in someone elses inventory. Those alerts also reveal that there are plenty of players who don't have a nemesis. I'm imagining that players using alts with out a nem in order to avoid the aforementioned problem.
  • Options
    kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    I haven't been able to turn the mission of "Alerts: Save the Earth!".
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I persaonally avoid the nem clue issue by immediately farming a Nem clue any time I don't have one.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Bugs / Problems / Feeback - Live
    Playing with no tank or healer (and still level 40s), we were easily over run by the mass of reappearing nem goons.

Healers were auto ganked due to auras.

Repel Block bubble is same color as force field and hides far too easily.

In a prepared group, queue will execute without players ready.

-> overwhelmed bug seems do be due to: mass death causing build up of re spawned nemesis, which then all charge door, which cause death .. which cycles around
    Post edited by ordinaryplayer#2642 on
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I finally did the alert and noticed one big problem; I don't know of anywhere where I can read what I actually need to do to beat the mission.

Once that countdown timer starts you don't have a lot of time to guess. If the nemesis is too healthy for the team, and maybe a player or two left, then what are the other options?

When I find myself just clicking consoles and hoping that something will happen, but not knowing whether I am doing anything that matters or whether there is some other thing I need to do within a few seconds of doing this is not a great way to go about playing a game.

I should be able to go somewhere in the game and if not get a cutscene explaining things, at least get some text that explains the laser turret puzzle, disabling the force field, and then finally the three paths to victory.

I have run it four times now, to either victory or that one failure (not counting an aborted run where two people quit early), and I only *KNOW* how to win by defeating the nemesis.

I was on a team that won another way but I have no idea if I contributed to that by clicking a console or if it was someone else doing a totally different thing.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    There is a guide in the boss room that explains all 3.

Edit: While this won't make it in this week, when the alert comes around again the console method will likely be changed to require you to trigger the consoles being interactable.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Edit: While this won't make it in this week, when the alert comes around again the console method will likely be changed to require you to trigger the consoles being interactable.​​

I don't understand o3o
  • Options
    The console/core methods are more difficult over the defeat nemesis method, and you should have to go out of your way to complete them.

Right now with the consoles lighting up immediately this can be confusing. If there was one more step added to trigger the consoles, the nemesis method would be the most direct and apparent method.​​
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    OH I get it now, "trigger the initial consoles so they are interactable". Yeah, that makes sense since right now the consoles method is actually the easiest and fastest method ( especially with how sometimes adds just stop spawning during the final phase ).
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    There is a guide in the boss room that explains all 3.

Could you add it to the Terminal next to the spawning point? You don't get mobbed trying to read things in there, and respawning is a good time to take a moment and think, "perhaps I should read the instructions".

PS Given that the game ends on a timed mission, could you just delay players from re-entering the room rather than locking them out completely? A 30 second lockout would be a handicap, but it's better than a hard lockout just because someone missed a block or got held by a Nemesis min (happens a lot with the Ice and Fire ones, btw - some of those holds are brutal).
  • Options
    Lockouts are there to prevent 'zerging' the objectives, it's not going away.

This also places an importance on carrying powers/items that can rez you, or having players on your team that can also do so.​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yes, but it also over-penalises players who are playing builds without self-rez powers (all the ATs), those who are playing the content afresh, and those who are playing in a PUG which doesn't have a healer or rezzer.

I have no problem with people getting locked out in Gravitar and F&I. I have a big problem with people being locked out of an alert like this one when you don't even know what you're fighting until it starts. Apply a debuff on defeat - you get delayed at the door for 30 seconds for every stack. That penalises the dumb player, makes people play with more care, but doesn't lock players out of the final piece of an alert they've (most likely) spent 20 minutes or so
    trying to master.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Could you add it to the Terminal next to the spawning point? You don't get mobbed trying to read things in there, and respawning is a good time to take a moment and think, "perhaps I should read the instructions".

And also place this terminal in the center of the room so people will actually see and use it. Or at the very least place it next to the space rock, since that is the one spot everyone's attention is usually drawn to.
This discussion has been closed.