test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If we had a PvP event, how fast would you ruin it?

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
Like say they made Hero Games Week where winning Hero Games gets people something they care about and all sorts of people come swarming in to get it. How fast would the actual pvpers ruin the event?

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I wouldn't ruin it because I wouldn't participate.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Having ventured into PvP once before (not seriously mind you), PvPers aren't actually (in the main) a vicious swarm of animals, at least not towards me. They are actually a pretty cool bunch.

Sure there are always those who want to constantly ruin things, but when I've run community events which involve an element of PvP, normally it's been good fun and other PvPers stick around to keep some of the others in check.

However, this all depends on your interpretation of "ruin". If the objective is to kill as many players as possible, I'm sure proPvPers would do incredibly well, thus the promotional week would work as intended.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Lets do it and find out!

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Spam repels and knocks!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    If there was a PvP event that gave desirable rewards i would queue up.

I have had experiences with the PvP queues randomly removing players when they enter. I think that would be a bigger detriment to the event than actual pvpers unless it has been resolved.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I have had experiences with the PvP queues randomly removing players when they enter. I think that would be a bigger detriment to the event than actual pvpers unless it has been resolved.

PvP queues have been bugged for years, and the On Alert changes to exploit PvP to do Alerts did not help their stability.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    No amount of incentive is going to make PvP enjoyable for me, so I wouldn't participate.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    I would ruin it pretty quickly...

By getting massively farmed by everyone else. XD
  • Options
    ls975ls975 Posts: 50 Arc User
    I mean, what's to stop people from throwing matches back and forth to farm the required things for the rewards?
  • Options
    ls975 wrote: »
    I mean, what's to stop people from throwing matches back and forth to farm the required things for the rewards?

absolutely nothing - in fact, that's exactly what most people do for BITE perks during bloodmoon​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    I'll briefly be back at CO to check out the new Nemesis alert. While I'm here, I would love to get a few rounds of stronghold in.

Since stronghold isn't about racking up kills or necessarily having a duel based build, I would recommend it for a pvp event. Dueling and bash are the more exclusive, contentious and ego crushing forms of pvp, and thus more likely to bring out the side of people that would end in the event being "ruined".

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options

People being competitive, I suppose. So few people do BITE that cooperation is essential to getting what you want. In Onslaught, similar behavior occurs at least partially (perhaps even primarily) as a result of the fact that giving out GTs ultimately results in more GTs for you, which in turn results in more VTs for you. In a hypothetical situation where others winning doesn't help you, and there is a sufficiently large playerbase that cooperation is neither seen as a requirement nor even as necessarily doable (the larger the group, the more likely there is to be an untrustworthy sort in there somewhere), you might not see this sort of behavior.

Or maybe it happens anyway. Who knows?
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    The types of people to ruin such things are the types of people that don't post on forums.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

There would be some people that would be sure they could get the rewards faster by always winning.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There's no way to tell the queue who you want to face, so a third party can mess things up, but other than that, nothing really.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    I would likely game this event pretty much immediately. I know enough people to set up easy wins for one and then the other.