test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is that the moon or a space station?

Haha, I'm sure you guys love how I find really weird things to ask questions about... But seriously... is it? It's something I saw in the tutorial when I played it the fifth time.

Soo.. this is one of those moments that makes you REALLY wonder what's going on. Is that the moon? if so why is it in pieces? Or is it some sort of Qularr space craft?
ChampsWiki
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My characters

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    The "pieces" are probably clouds, filtered through the energy shields the Qularr erected. On the other hand, the big round object may be the Moon, or it may be a Qularr craft so large it has to stay in orbit. In short, maybe it is a space station! :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Clearly, someone needs to glitch out of the tutorial and investigate whether that's an actual thing or just the sky-box.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    The shimmering stuff looks like the special effect denoting the edge of an energy barrier. The other thing looks like our Moon with a big piece broken out of it.

Do we know where and when this scene is supposed to be taking place?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    DemoRecord could be more practical for invastigation
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    If you look at the full size version the missing peice of the round object is floating near it.

At any rate, this is from the current tutorial which is a computer simulation of the Qularr invasion.... which happened a few years ago in-game IIRC. The big Qularr ship you see in the left side of the pic(mostly behind the skyscraper) is the same Qularr ship that you see floating in the river off to the side of the MC map. The tutorial ends when the ship gets shot down.

Also I'm pretty sure the object is part of the skybox, but.... even so, it's not random debris.

for comparison I looked at the sky in the regular MC map and the moon there is intact.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2018

And, that's Moon with piece torn off from it.
    Probably some practice shooting of 'The Ironclad Defence'.....
    Or maybe the Moonazis fired giant twincannons towards Earth.
    Or maybe it's some left over cutcontent where a giant Qularr Mommaship creased it.
    :#
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Could just be dramatic license, not intended as continuity.
    Well, I spend a little time looking around. I have yet to see an object like that in another skybox. Hmmm... I haven't studied the APs though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    After looking at the sky in several maps I found one that looks to have the same skyfile:

Yes, THAT map.

So now I wonder if the use of this skyfile in the tutorial is a glitch?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    So is there an explanation for why Multifaria has a broken moon?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Not in the books, no. But since the planet's time-frame is constantly shifting, that could be the result of an incident from the "future," and might not be visible on another occasion.

Thinking about Multifarian Earth too hard can hurt your brain. :s
    You might be interested to know that Multifarian Earth is a creation of Cryptic Studios. It's apparently based on a brief incident from the history of Luther Black as revealed in DEMON: Servants Of Darkness, when Black unintentionally entered a "crossroads dimension" wherein he discovered the Liber Terribilis. Cryptic really ran with expanding that incident into a whole world, and retconned Black's discovery as engineered by Shadow Destroyer in an attempt to use Black for his own purposes.
    Well, it's a fun story. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I was actually pleased by that, and some of the other things Cryptic added to the setting, which I felt opened up interesting new possibilities: the second mass breakout from Stronghold; the Lemurian civil war; the expansion of Monster Island; the development of the Gadroon and Qularr; the Forum Malvanum on Earth's Moon. Some of their decisions didn't strike me as well, though, and a few left me wondering what they were thinking of.