test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10 minutes before patch and I cant switch Character, the server doesnt let me enter

So...
I was HARDCORE tryng to get the Swag bags to the last 50 Foxbat cred.... and when I have 60, and try to switch back to the character to open them.... the server doesnt let me in... 10 minutes BEFORE patch....

NICE MOVE, really the type of thing that makes me want to play this game!!!!

Comments

• Options
    flagpole#4268 flagpole Posts: 38 Arc User
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Foxbat vendor will stay for a while after today's patch (assuming it works like the other events). Swag bags won't drop anymore, but if all you need is to open them, then you should be fine.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Can i have your stuff?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    polloadrazarpolloadrazar Posts: 19 Arc User
    Would Swag bags open Foxat Cred?
    Cause as far as I understand they wont xDD
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Foxbat vendor will stay for a while after today's patch (assuming it works like the other events). Swag bags won't drop anymore, but if all you need is to open them, then you should be fine.

That's been the common practice with event vendors for the last several events so I'm sure they'll continue that practice.
  • Options
    Well, either the way.. what I dont understand is... if you are going to kick me out in 10 mins cause the server will close... why dont letting me in for those 10 mins, so I can finish stuff if I can??

Anyway, sorry for the rant, thanks for the feedback, people!
  • Options

Can i have your stuff?

well... Im a Silver with 12 Ats and only one FF (that got for free in a discount)... so I really doubt I have any stuff you might find interesting xD

• Options
    I mean, I was doing a grab run when the 10 minute announcement hit, so maybe your game just crashed or something?
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

I mean, I was doing a grab run when the 10 minute announcement hit, so maybe your game just crashed or something?

Nope
    I used the "Change character" option on the "Escape window" when the 10 minutes announcement pop in order to switch to the character that was going to open the swag bags stored on the hideout.
    And when characters were loading it gave me the message "the server is down for maintenance", and kick me out to the loging screen.
    I tried to log in several times, I even restarted the game.
    After a couple of minutes of useless intents, I came and post this discussion... and If you look at the time I posted it, was 5 minutes before the time for the server to go down.
  • Options
    Interesting. I'll make sure not to switch characters after the server message pops up o3o
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Not getting in game when only 10 minutes left for server shutting down, ensures fewer "angry people" in the Forum making threads how they couldn't do the things they needed to do.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!