test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multifarian Counterpart CC and Bio Contest

Out of Character

This week on Dawn Radio we are doing shows as out Multifarian Doppelgangers.
As part of this event the Defenders of the Galaxy (aka. "The Offenders of the Galaxy") will be hosting a Multifarian Counterpart CC and Bio Contest.

For the Costume Contest you only need one costume. You can be your own Multifarian Doppelganger or even that of a Champions hero or villain that does not already have a counter part.

For the Description Contest I ask that you mention in the beginning which character you are the counterpart for or perhaps your Multifarian name.
For example: If I brought Lil Valkyrie to the CC, I might dress her more like a berserker. In her Bio I would say "Multifarian name: Lil Berserker."
You can then include a bio and maybe even tell us how it differs with the original's bio. I suggest, that if you are doing this with your main and have a very treasured bio that you have no intention of ever deleting that you:
- select all (ctrl+A)
- Copy (ctrl+ C)
- Paste (Ctrl+ V) into a text document
... so you can save it to put back in.
Of course you could always just make another character and mention who the original is in that bio or just skip the bio portion all together. If you have questions about this, please contact me in game @shortbus.

As usual, winners will get keys and/or Gs. We will announce in game if we add more prizes.

Comments

• Options
    Loving it so far! Expect Kristi Fiero to put up a fight LMAO
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    You might want to keep in mind that Multifarian Earth isn't just a "backworld" where everything is reversed from Champions Earth. (The CU has one of those, too, called "Left-Handed Earth.") Multifarian dopplegangers can differ from their counterparts greatly to barely at all, and not necessarily in reversed ways.

Also, time on the Multifarian doesn't flow linearly. Past, present, and future mingle, e.g. you can meet Stephen Hawking and Johannes Kepler debating cosmology on the streets of Imperial Rome. So you can mix up historical motifs as well.

(Anyone who wants to look up the particulars of these worlds can find them in the PnP Champions Book Of The Empress.)
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @bulgarex I have a nerd crush on you.

Sometimes I’m just like “wow...he is so dreamy” when you give us these lore bits and other types of comic facts and ideas.
  • Options
    :3
  • Options
    shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    bulgarex said:

You might want to keep in mind that Multifarian Earth isn't just a "backworld" where everything is reversed from Champions Earth. (The CU has one of those, too, called "Left-Handed Earth.") Multifarian dopplegangers can differ from their counterparts greatly to barely at all, and not necessarily in reversed ways.

Also, time on the Multifarian doesn't flow linearly. Past, present, and future mingle, e.g. you can meet Stephen Hawking and Johannes Kepler debating cosmology on the streets of Imperial Rome. So you can mix up historical motifs as well.

(Anyone who wants to look up the particulars of these worlds can find them in the PnP Champions Book Of The Empress.)

Some of this information can also be found in the Champions (6th ed) Villains Vol 1 "Master Villains," which I will now quote:
    "Shadow Destroyer has created at least two superpowered minions to serve him on Champions Earth. You can easily add to his roster by taking nearly any superhuman in Champions Villains and changing that villain’s looks, special effect, and background to make him a servant of the Shadow" (Long, S.S. 2010).

Since Multifaria is in this game and Shadow Destroyer is attacking from it and the Qliphothic realm and has recruited many doppelgangers of the Champions, then we are doing our event based on this.

If CO ever adds Left-Hand Earth, please, inform us more about that.
  • Options
    bulgarex wrote: »

i'd like to know how that even happened...like, what the hell happened to break multifaria's akatosh - because it would take some serious screwing with the laws of reality to shatter linear time​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    That's a really interesting subject to me, because the very existence of people and things from different eras on the Multifarian, implies that it must have had different eras to begin with.

According to the official CU timeline, 1985 saw the occurrence of the "Secret Crisis of Infinite Wars" (yes, that's a riff on DC and Marvel): "a war across space and time involving almost all of the heroes that had ever existed, or ever would exist" (Champions Universe p. 25). If I was a betting man, I'd bet that Multifarian Earth is one casualty of that event.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Also note that even in the "Opposite Land" of Harmon City in Multifaria, not everyone is an "opposite doppleganger". Look at Grizz, for instance - in the mainline universe, he's an EMT who also seems to be a "Weirdness Magnet" (to borrow a GURPS quirk), while in Multifaria he's a leading figure in the Resistance, and seems to be immortal (I know for a fact that he was at ground zero of a fairly impressive explosion and was subsequently buried in the debris, but he shows up looking no worse for wear later in the adventure).

So you could be a steampunk you from, say, Greater Londinium, or you could be a villain version who was a member of Citizen Harmon's Conquerors, or you could be a different version of you fighting against the Conquerors, or - well, one of Scott Bennie's stories about Thundrax ("A Storm In Multifaria", p. 76 of Blood and Thunder here) shows a very different version of Thundrax in that universe.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Magic is also a stronger and more widely-used force on the Multifarian than on Champions Earth, so your characters' dopplegangers from there could include or even be based on magic unlike their Champs Earth counterparts, e.g. Defender to Shadow Destroyer.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    It will be interesting to see if any dark edge lord, near villain heroes from MC show up as nice guys from Multifaria.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!