test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FoxbatCon 2018

xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
Have fun!
  • Wiki Page with info
  • Here is the map of Foxbat locations if you need it, as well as the most efficient route to find all the Foxbats (but it is already on the wiki so you should of went there but that is a direct link so I guess it is fine too).
  • Tip: Don't throw away the rocks you get from the swag bags. There is a Mysterious Rock Vendor who will take them.
  • Please share your favorite moments of FoxbatCon 2018 in the comments below!
  • Please ignore the last minute or so of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nram6XXGNSc
*Dabs*

Post edited by xrazamax on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Thanks for posting the map. I have that bookmarked from previous years, but new (and old) folks always need this information.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Also I have a youtube playlist with videos showing myself grabbing Foxbats:

Why? Maps only go so far. Also, I made a map with all the Foxbats divided into groups of 10. The videos each correspond to one of those map chunks. http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=File:Millennium_City_FoxbatCon_Schedule.png

Suggestions on improving the videos might be useful. Last year I didn't finish the first draft of the list, and this year I'm probably gonna redo all of them with voice instruction on how to navigate to the points. I just finished recording a new version of day 1.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Here's the new version of day 1: https://youtu.be/K-t84eP4XzQ
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    You wrote "Have fun!" when what you meant to type was "Campaign to have Boxfat removed from the IP".
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I really want Foxbat to be fun.

Last time I played it you could get account bound aura...and now you can only buy bound ones and no other way.

It’s a once in a year event...I get bound to character. But they need to be drops too...if Foxbatcon is nothing but a simple farming thing and no actual content then the store needs to reflect that.

And the whole 15 to 1 cred exchange is such a slap to the face.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    I hope Foxbat breaks into my hideout and do the DAB dance, killing me instantly​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

I really want Foxbat to be fun.

Last time I played it you could get account bound aura...and now you can only buy bound ones and no other way.

It’s a once in a year event...I get bound to character. But they need to be drops too...if Foxbatcon is nothing but a simple farming thing and no actual content then the store needs to reflect that.

And the whole 15 to 1 cred exchange is such a slap to the face.

lol - yay! new event!

....and you thought overfarming during an event for next time would pay off.. :pensive:

....for the oversensitive, yes im joking so enhance your calm John Spartan

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    It’s like you are trying to say something.

It’s like you are trying to say something.

yeah, but im forced to type since you cant hear me from all the way over here.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    Have you tried one of those alpine horns?

Have you tried one of those alpine horns?

• wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    If they raise the drop rate of the swag bags and give more dailies for more cred, that'd be great.
    I’m curious...there is a perk for like wonderous swag bag, but it says I haven’t collected any...

So what is this bag?
  • sevenofmeowsevenofmeow Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm having poor results trying to farm Foxbat Cred. I spent half an hour or so casually grinding and got a total of 1 Foxbatcon Swag Bag, which had zero Foxbat Cred in it. Any suggestions?
    massacre swarms of mooks. Also enemies that summon other enemies are good since the summoned enemies count too.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • sevenofmeowsevenofmeow Posts: 2 Arc User

massacre swarms of mooks. Also enemies that summon other enemies are good since the summoned enemies count too.

Where's a good place for a level 40 to do that?

Where's a good place for a level 40 to do that?
    levels don't matter much. You can kill level 1 mooks and get just as many drops per mook. the prison, areas with hordes of gang members. wherever.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Viper/Qular war zone in the desert.
    Also the radioactive cultists around that huge bomb when they're holding services.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    edited April 2018

Viper/Qular war zone in the desert.
    Also the radioactive cultists around that huge bomb when they're holding services.

Oh my gosh, I just got the joke, i like finding easter eggs in game. The radiation mutants and the atomic bomb they worship...

The original sequel to the planet of the apes! XD

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Drop rates for the swag bags are very low, combine that with all the junk you get out of the bags/doing event missions, and combine that with the insane amount of mods and most of your time farming this event is spent traveling back and forth to sell or store loot.

Also, not cool having auras bound to character (I'm aware that this first happened last year but I'm still miffed about it) as well as adding a vehicle that's bound to character. I really can't imagine a scenario where these decisions would do anything but hurt the event. It's like the devs don't understand how people play the game or something. Honestly if you add a bound to character item it has to be useful to my characters that I like to farm with or they might as well not even be in the game.

Bobble head aura is awesome, big hands are great, but because they're auras that change a character's appearance they're completely useless if they're not bound to account. If I'm making a character that has a big head I want him to start with a big head. If I want a character with massive hands I don't want him to get big hands some point in the middle of his career. If I make Dr Bighead and I need to play 15 levels before I can make him have a big head it's immersion breaking and it's frustrating.

Similarly the vehicle that's bound to character might as well not have been added to the game. There are perhaps a tiny fraction of a percentile of characters who that item would fit, and of that tiny group not all are going to be able to farm foxbat creds to get it. I have over 160 characters and I can think of maybe one that vehicle would suit, and I'm not going to waste time using that character to farm the event because I didn't have the foresight to design a farming character that would fit the design of an upcoming vehicle. I'm sorry to say but by making things bound to character all your'e doing is wasting your time and discouraging participation.
    edited April 2018
    Couldn’t say it any better

I missed Foxbat twice and have been looking forward to it. It’s now the worst event in the game.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Last year the Swag Bags drop rate were incredible low during the first week and got buffed during the second

I can see them doing that again, NOT a fan of that, the first week of the event has always been boring with so very few resources of token farming​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Yeah that is stupid....since most people had a holiday weekend.

Unless the goal is optimal attempts and minimal reward

Couldn’t say it any better

I missed Foxbat twice and have been looking forward to it. It’s now the worst event in the game.

No, I don't think this is anywhere near as terrible as the nightmare invasion, that event has an okay boss battle, but really poor rewards, a very sad rewards selection unless you're into skulls, terrible drop rates, and it's an absolute pain to solo the worms/ nightmare mob dailies. Foxbat Con has great rewards, in theory, plus the events are easy and it's something you can do on your own while waiting for Alerts to pop or whatever. If anything this is at about the same level as the "fixed" bloodmoon.
    "The rewards are bad, unless you like the rewards." Well said!
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    Thanks for the info on the 'rock vendor'. I never threw mine away, I'd just sell off to vendors around the cities, but this I have to check out.

Anyone know when the Foxbat mission itself starts, when we have to urge him out of his room to come down to the con?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The swag bag drop rates look fairly normal to me. Personally, I find foxbatcon rather lame as an actual event, but it has quite good rewards.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    I need to grind 650 Creds before the event ends.. but i've pretty much killed the whole Millenium City and only sitting at around 150 Creds.. Where are people getting hundreds of creds per day !?.
    spinnytop said:

"The rewards are bad, unless you like the rewards." Well said!

I said unless you like skulls. I'm sure there's people out there that love the skulls and want to collect them all, but I don't expect that to be a majority, and pointing out why I dislike the rewards (because they're skulls) is called clarity. If I'd actually said what you misquoted it would cause confusion which is why I specified, but whatever, if this is how you want to be seen on these forums power to you.

Thanks for the info on the 'rock vendor'. I never threw mine away, I'd just sell off to vendors around the cities, but this I have to check out.

Anyone know when the Foxbat mission itself starts, when we have to urge him out of his room to come down to the con?

usually it's week 2, so next Thursday, unless they've added new content to the event.
    guyhumual said:

I said unless you like skulls.

"Skulls are bad, unless you like skulls!". Well said!
    spinnytop said:

guyhumual said:

I said unless you like skulls.

"Skulls are bad, unless you like skulls!". Well said!
    That statement is fine.
    Bloodmoon is 10x better than this.

The problem is Nightmare is twice A year...they get another chance to improve. I think the rewards aren’t bad for Nightmare it’s just they are in optimal location.

Add them to partial head wear. That way you can still go headless...but I think have a face in the skull could improve the versatility of the item.

Foxbatcon is a glorified event store, adding little of what we have been asking for and giving us a flower instead. The items currently added are repackaged from the store or items we already have

Bloodmoon is 10x better than this.

That's because Bloodmoon was created back when Tacofangs was still actively making maps in CO. Crypt raids make Bloodmoon far more interesting than it'd be otherwise.

Add them to partial head wear. That way you can still go headless...but I think have a face in the skull could improve the versatility of the item.

Or wear it like a hat!

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2018

That's because Bloodmoon was created back when Tacofangs was still actively making maps in CO. Crypt raids make Bloodmoon far more interesting than it'd be otherwise.

But there's no longer a reason to do crypts. By making the heroes too powerful to solo or fight in small groups they created the need for "pain trains" and by doing this there's zero incentive to leave the train to do the crypt. Crypts don't have a chance of rare drops, they take longer then defeating a boss or two on the train, and entering a crypt will cost you your spot on a pain train. The old Bloodmoon was great, you'd do crypts while waiting for bosses to reset, but there's no reason for that now. The bosses are always up on any map that doesn't have a pain train. You can't get into a crypt until the boss is dead but if there's no need to wait why do a crypt? Toy parts? A weekly mission that's going to net you less coins per time spent then the same amount of time on a pain train?

To be clear, I loved the crypts, they're actually fun and something I can solo with a bit of skill, but the new and "improved" bloodmoon makes crypts a redundant aspect of the event.
    guyhumual said:

But there's no longer a reason to do crypts. By making the heroes too powerful to solo or fight in small groups they created the need for "pain trains" and by doing this there's zero incentive to leave the train to do the crypt. Crypts don't have a chance of rare drops, they take longer then defeating a boss or two on the train, and entering a crypt will cost you your spot on a pain train. The old Bloodmoon was great, you'd do crypts while waiting for bosses to reset, but there's no reason for that now. The bosses are always up on any map that doesn't have a pain train. You can't get into a crypt until the boss is dead but if there's no need to wait why do a crypt? Toy parts? A weekly mission that's going to net you less coins per time spent then the same amount of time on a pain train?

To be clear, I loved the crypts, they're actually fun and something I can solo with a bit of skill, but the new and "improved" bloodmoon makes crypts a redundant aspect of the event.
    I was primarily speaking in terms of atmosphere. But, you do also need to do the Crypts to earn the Moonstruck title. and you need that to buy the Moonstruck power. Yes, I did all of those things. Funny thing is, Bloodmoon almost has too many ways to earn tokens. You literally can't do then all.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    xrazamax said:

Oh, what have we here? Is this something new at the PTS? Or something you came across already in the game?
    edited April 2018
    Hmm, I can't delete my own posts. That's fun.

I was primarily speaking in terms of atmosphere. But, you do also need to do the Crypts to earn the Moonstruck title. and you need that to buy the Moonstruck power. Yes, I did all of those things. Funny thing is, Bloodmoon almost has too many ways to earn tokens. You literally can't do then all.

Choice is a good thing. I love having options. My complaint is that I loved the crypts, they were one of my first big achievements in the game, being able to solo them, but sadly with the new "improved" Bloodmoon you don't need to do them anymore and that really disappointed me. It's actually more work to do crypts now. That's primarily why Bloodmoon, which used to be my favorite event, is now the equivalent in my mind to Foxbat Con. Not the worst, but nowhere near as cool as it used to be.

diggot said:

I need to grind 650 Creds before the event ends.. but i've pretty much killed the whole Millenium City and only sitting at around 150 Creds.. Where are people getting hundreds of creds per day !?.

Oh, missed this

So the best way to achieve credits is actually in the second week when you get the real foxbat mission, until then do the foxbat hunt, it says it's only 15 foxbat credits, but some of the foxbats will give you 5 foxbat credits. There are 100 foxbats and over 10 days you can have 150 foxbat credits + bonuses. Not a lot but the foxbat hunt takes only a few minutes if you got a handy map (scroll up for links) and I find those credits really add up. Doing just the daily missions (the real foxbat mission should be added today) should net the 650 without any additional grinding.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

I’m curious...there is a perk for like wonderous swag bag, but it says I haven’t collected any...

So what is this bag?

There is a free bag offered by the merch vendor. When you open the bag you just get another bag, and so you just click the bag over and over to get perks (I know it goes up to 5,000 clicks).

I believe this is the one that you are looking for. Talk to the merch vendor and if he doesn't have the item in his inventory then ask him about free items. I do not know, but maybe that is required to make the items appear in his store.
    Yeah, I saw the perk before the release.
    Wibbles is in the Normal Rock store. Normal Rock lives in the bottom of the Andrithal volcano on Monster Island. He's next to one of the giant stone statues on the edge of the lava pool.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    How do you get the real foxbat mission from the mayor? He isn't offering it to me.
    what level are you?

Also I decided to see if i could duplicate Foxbat's apartment:
    https://youtu.be/f2yYir0mG98
    spoiler: Foxbat has a lot of custom parts.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters