test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Apparently, an issue from a previous patch is back...

Okay, so if you've read my report under On Alert Issues, then you may have read me mentioning something about this. I've narrowed it down, and it seems that what happens is when Hrodgeir the Unending shows up for a Smash alert the info box that tells you more about the alert is missing his picture. Just a white box. Same when in the alert itself, when he is announced. Now, I know this is not new news, but what is new (at least to me) is that I found out today by doing a little digging and it seems that this was an issue with him way, way back before a previous patch. I think way back in 2012 someone was complaining about this and if memory serves it was patched back in 2013 according to some patch notes I was reading that mentioned the missing images from the alert UI regarding good old Hrodgeir. So it appears that a newer patch may have brought this old issue back. Now, to clarify... this is only when he appears in Smash and it is only an issue with Hrodgeir the Unending, not with any of the other villains. Earlier today, I fought him in an XP mission and it was fine... his picture showed up normally and everything. Anybody else notice this? And, does anyone know if there are any plans to patch this issue again? I like the game either way, it just looks very jarring in-game to see that white box where the picture should appear. And yes, I know I posted about this under the On Alert Issues, but I wanted to go into a little more detail about the issue and what I learned about it since then. Just want to say... love this game, it is awesome being able to play as a custom super hero and kick tons of butt in a super hero-themed MMO! Definitely one of my favorite games through Arc, at least so far.
I am the Light that exists within the Darkness, the Voice that speaks within the Void. Time is an Eternal Cycle, endless and infinite. All this have I seen, and all this I am... as all who live, are. Be as I am, and be complete!

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    As far as I know, Hrodgeir has never had a proper picture, so either that patch didn't work, or it got reverted instantly.
  • Options
    mara0sunh#9946 mara0sunh Posts: 7 Arc User
    Good to know! Thanks very much for the swift reply. The bright side is, Hrodgeir is still perfectly able to be fought in Smash, so it is a small issue for sure.
    I am the Light that exists within the Darkness, the Voice that speaks within the Void. Time is an Eternal Cycle, endless and infinite. All this have I seen, and all this I am... as all who live, are. Be as I am, and be complete!
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    It often does not say his name during the announcement phase either. This is why me and my friends like to call him: Hrodgeir the Unspeakable.