test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180320.2 - Foxbatcon/More Odds and Ends stuff

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Foxbatcon
  • Added Stop Sign and Fishing Hat (neck) costumes to the store.
  • Added Look Up emote to the store. Known issue: The price has not been added.
  • Added Baseball Foxbat costume as a potential drop from swag bags.
  • Updated the pts vendor to have swag bag drops.
  • Increased the chance for costumes and rocks to drop from swag bags.
  • Removed the sky fx change on the Lotus Blossom vehicle and moved it to a toggle.
  • Updated the exchange store to only require single items in exchange for tokens. Reduced amount of tokens down to 3 due to this change.

Lockbox
  • Added Dip emote to the store.

Nemesis Minion Combat Changes
  • Fixed a few bugs where Nemesis Minions were applying npc and player versions of debuffs.
  • Fixed some instances where Nemesis minions weren't using the correct costumes or tagged properly based on their type of costume (like cowboy nemesis being considered robots for combat purposes).
  • Updated various Nemesis and Nemesis Minion attack chains.
  • Fixed a few bugs where Nemesis Minions didn't have their correct selection of attacks.
  • Fixed a bug where Nemesis and Nemesis Minions had a 5ft range on their melee attacks.

Drifter
  • Changed the pricing of Primary Legion to 300 (from 250).
  • Changed the pricing of Secondary Legion to 200 (From 250).

Questionite
  • Added a vehicle mod store where Rank 3 versions of vehicle mods can be purchased.
  • Removed the modification pack store.

Modifications
  • Corrected the item type readout on vehicle mods.

Misc
  • Removed the Heroic Might device from the starter pack granted to players when creating a new character. Replaced this item with a 1 hour XP boost.
  • Added leather and metal materials to the fishing hat costume.
​​

Comments

• numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    Woo Ho!
    My favorite event of the year is back with new costumes to unlock!
    Thanks for updating about the nemesis minions and what not.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Lockbox

• Added Dip emote to the store.
    ​​

you madmen

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Lol that legion change
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    kaizerin said:

Foxbatcon

Drifter

• Changed the pricing of Primary Legion to 300 (from 250).
    • Changed the pricing of Secondary Legion to 200 (From 250).
    ​​
    LOL. That was unexpected. Okay.
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

• Fixed a few bugs where Nemesis Minions were applying npc and player versions of debuffs.
    • Fixed some instances where Nemesis minions weren't using the correct costumes or tagged properly based on their type of costume (like cowboy nemesis being considered robots for combat purposes).
    • Fixed a few bugs where Nemesis Minions didn't have their correct selection of attacks.
    • Fixed a bug where Nemesis and Nemesis Minions had a 5ft range on their melee attacks.
    ​​
    What a time for my Gold account to have run out. Kaizerin, can you (or anyone else really) confirm if this fixes the 'Thugs' type Nemesis minions? Specifically, the bug where they break the Grab Alert bank robbery mission since a spawn doesn't show up (and thus you can't defeat enough to enter). I don't know if they were just missing attacks or if the entire supervillain(spelling? the ones with three bars) rank is missing. Pretty sure it's the latter since an enemy at that same rank in the enemy group used by Nighthawk and Deadman Walkin' is missing attacks but still works. While part of me wants to comment that the look seems wrong for the group, that feels like a separate suggestion. I'm much more concerned about the possibility of a longstanding bug finally getting fixed.

Separately, updated attack chains sound interesting.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• Removed the Heroic Might device from the starter pack granted to players when creating a new character. Replaced this item with a 1 hour XP boost.
    ​​
    Not sure even more things encouraging people to turbo past the early levels is a good thing. How about something that instead acts as a QoL improvement for low levels who aren't on their Nth character? Mebbe a temp support type sidekick (perhaps one of the Aftershock sidekicks).
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Changed the pricing of Primary Legion to 300 (from 250).​​

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2018

EDIT: oh and thanks for adding the Ego Blade Pandemonium to the Collector Store.
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    dab
    bat
    stop
    I will come for you~​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bug
    Lotus Blossom vehicle is bound to character instead of account. Upgrading it to mk2 does not fix this issue.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

​​
    Can you trade these? They go for 10-20Gs in the AH. It isn't a hugely exploitable way to make money but still.

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I forgot how to color the suggestions but

Suggestion: Can you make the baseball bat a back item/leg accessory as well?​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2018
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Can you trade these? They go for 10-20Gs in the AH. It isn't a hugely exploitable way to make money but still.

Items from that box bind when you open it.

lezard21 wrote: »
    Bug
    Lotus Blossom vehicle is bound to character instead of account. Upgrading it to mk2 does not fix this issue.

Like the Takofanes Throne vehicle, this vehicle is bound to character.​​
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    Can we have at least the option to have the baseball bat without the foxbat symbol?
    edited March 2018
    Not sure if related to this patch, but I made a sorcery hero about 3 weeks ago exactly 14 days ago from scratch on the pts. Just now I tried to retcon some powers, was told I need a full reset? I saw no power changes in the notes though. Probably just something I'm spacing out on remembering, did anyone else noticed something similar...?

Power list
    • [Illumination]
    • [Masterful Dodge]
    • [Ego Surge]
    • [Eldritch Bolts]
    • [Star Barrage]
    • [Hex of Suffering]
    • [Imbue]
    • [Spellcaster]
    • [Enchanter]
    • [Stoic Flight]
    Only mentioned it in case something leaked unintentionally.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

Can we have at least the option to have the baseball bat without the foxbat symbol?

Third color square dictate the symbol color.
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Whut whut ! I will be able to dab when I kill Eido :D

blockwave wrote: »
    Whut whut ! I will be able to dab when I kill Eido :D

D I P! It's D I P! >:o​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Gonna remake a heavy weapon toon just for the stop sign !

And regarding the changes to the Legion Gear, I find this is normal-ish. Since alot of people usually open a bunch of lockboxes when a new one comes out, I say getting salvage isn't hard for them. Even though I'd like the primaries to be 200 salvage each and the secondaries 100 each (maybe), having the secondaries be half the amount of the primaries is a good route to go.​​
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The Legion primaries are overpriced. But whales and wallet warriors will still be happy I suppose.

Why remove the heroic might device from the starter set? That device was useful.
    naw, ill take my chances on old lockboxes
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Can we get the issue with the clues fixed? I can't do any nemesis stuff on any characters, because all of my char's clues were picked up by someone else in a nem alert years ago, and never discarded.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I gotta wonder if temp versions of the Farlong Device or Spatial Manipulator would be better to give lowbies than the XP Boost. Low level travel is slow and these are noted safe spots. The Farlong might be the better of the two since it's showing them content instead of helping them rush past it.
    nbkxs said:

Can we get the issue with the clues fixed? I can't do any nemesis stuff on any characters, because all of my char's clues were picked up by someone else in a nem alert years ago, and never discarded.

Or if we could at least get clues reset with the server reset (though it might be more complex than that).
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited March 2018
    zamuelpwe said:

I gotta wonder if temp versions of the Farlong Device or Spatial Manipulator would be better to give lowbies than the XP Boost. Low level travel is slow and these are noted safe spots. The Farlong might be the better of the two since it's showing them content instead of helping them rush past it.

I think something along these lines is a good idea. It was already said but, it doesn't seem like a good idea to give players a means to speed through early levels. That said, it is just an hour long device... but will it become a gateway drug? :scream:

/sacrasm

I like the change to the Lotus Blossom btw.

I could be mistaken but I believe the Free Aura Slot unlock has been removed from the debugger making it difficult to test multiple auras.
    Post edited by xrazamax on
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Lockbox
    Added Dip emote to the store.

octagon.jpg
    Drifter
    Changed the pricing of Primary Legion to 300 (from 250).
    Changed the pricing of Secondary Legion to 200 (From 250).
    . . .
    bluhman wrote: »
    xhiXz9I.png
    you madmen
    WELP TIME TO DELETE THIS GAME
    REST IN PEACE CO

This is disgusting, what's next? Fidget Spinner Emote? Twerking Emote?
    The Thriller dance and Never gonna Give you up are respectful pieces of pop culture but a DAB EMOTE? This is so distasteful :-1:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Ok enough with the dead memes which only 12 years old and Logan Paul's audience find funny
    Added Baseball Foxbat costume as a potential drop from swag bags.
    YAY, Finally a an actual Bat weapon without sharp objects attached to it :+1:
    Bug fixes on Nemesis out of nowhere? this is a pleasant surpise :+1:
    Added Stop Sign and Fishing Hat (neck) costumes to the store.
    Happy for both additions, a Stop Sign for Heavy weapons is perfect and the fishing hat looks really stylish (INB4 One Piece clones)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    A dab emote... well, ****.

What's next? A fidget spinner vehicle/travel power?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • didn't someone ask for a dab emote a few months ago? well, this is just more evidence the devs listen to REASONABLE requests​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited March 2018
    Circumstantial, at best. And subjective.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2018

didn't someone ask for a dab emote a few months ago? well, this is just more evidence the devs listen to REASONABLE requests​​

Yes, and somebody all but claimed it would be illegal for us to get it.

@Avianos I would farm for twerking emote. I would pay for fidget spinner vehicle.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

didn't someone ask for a dab emote a few months ago? well, this is just more evidence the devs listen to REASONABLE requests​​

I wouldn't call the dab to be "reasonable". But, that is my opinion. Unless by "reasonable", you mean a requrest that isn't overall game breaking and what not, if so, than yes.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Foxbat's evil grin mood, pls
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @kaizerin said:
    >
    > Nemesis Minion Combat Changes
    > * Fixed a few bugs where Nemesis Minions were applying npc and player versions of debuffs.
    > * Fixed some instances where Nemesis minions weren't using the correct costumes or tagged properly based on their type of costume (like cowboy nemesis being considered robots for combat purposes).
    > * Updated various Nemesis and Nemesis Minion attack chains.
    > * Fixed a few bugs where Nemesis Minions didn't have their correct selection of attacks.
    > * Fixed a bug where Nemesis and Nemesis Minions had a 5ft range on their melee attacks.
    > ​​

What a thrill to see some Nemesis system issues being addressed and resolved! I hope we get to see more of that. Improvements to the Nemesis system would be great too.

It languishes, ignored, when it should be one of the game's greatest selling points.
    spordelia said:

Foxbat's evil grin mood, pls

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Won’t happen.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I wonder if that expression actually requires a custom face model...wonder if they could release it as a costume part.
    spinnytop said:

I wonder if that expression actually requires a custom face model...wonder if they could release it as a costume part.

I've used it in demorecord. It works most of the time. Sometimes the command does nothing though.
    It doesn’t have a female version is why we can’t have it
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

​​
    Did the "Master Villain Default" get fixed? This would be a great time to actually put in the correct Thug for this minion group.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • It doesn’t have a female version is why we can’t have it

It would be even funnier if they used the same version for females anyway. :)
    edited March 2018
    Yeah...

Which i get what they are trying to achieve but like the rocker eye makeup gives women lipstick and not men (or something like that).

So we aren’t keeping everything asexual

Plus I don’t think anyone would be upset with having a male only...women have more stances than men do. It’s fair.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I want Vixen stance for males!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • you don't have the hips for it​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

nbkxs said:

Or if we could at least get clues reset with the server reset (though it might be more complex than that).
    Maybe run a script that deletes any Nem clues but leaves the mission associated with them in your quest log if you already started it?

Oh also, doesn't CO have powers where you throw things like shurikens or batarangs? Maybe make it so you can change the objects thrown to fidget spinners?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    Oh yeah. I like the Dip emote, but it would be more fun if there was a version where you could stay in that pose, say for group screenshots.
    All emotes needs a hold version
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

zamuelpwe said:

nbkxs said:

Maybe run a script that deletes any Nem clues but leaves the mission associated with them in your quest log if you already started it?

Oh also, doesn't CO have powers where you throw things like shurikens or batarangs? Maybe make it so you can change the objects thrown to fidget spinners?
    Perhaps a better method would be when in a nem alert if you have a nemesis and a clue drops, it's associated with your nemesis and not someone elses. If you don't have a nemesis, clues simply won't drop.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    If I may, for the reasons others have already stated, can we make it so the Nemesis clues time out after a few hours? Maybe it will help with some people having a clue that isn't theirs and locking the real owner out of their nemesis mission content.

That, and it would make those missions seem more urgent to be taken care of sooner rather than later.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Bug: Lotus Blossom II animation is wrong. It starts in the meditation pose, then switches to grav bike pose.

When I got Lotus Blossom Mark I immediately upgraded it, so I dunno if the bug is just for Lotus Blossom II or both versions. Mark I worked fine with my toon on PTS with no mods.

This discussion has been closed.