Marvel Studio's Avengers: Infinity War Official Trailer

numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

The End Begins this April 27th!

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What about the beginning ends?

Or the middle restarts...

Maybe the end takes two steps forward, three steps back...again, again.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Someone's gonna die.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Boredom begins. I'm more hyped for Deadpool 2.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User

Someone's gonna die.

I think the trailer may have spoiled that too. You can see Thanos go from one gem to two.

Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
    Boredom? Oh hush Nep!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    nevyn34 said:

Someone's gonna die.

I think the trailer may have spoiled that too. You can see Thanos go from one gem to two.

But their colors are blue (the Space Stone, from the Tesseract), and purple (the Power Stone, from Xandar). So someone may die, but not necessarily who you think.
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    How the hell is Captain America holding Thanos hand, that I'm interested.

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    blockwave wrote: »
    How the hell is Captain America holding Thanos hand, that I'm interested.

Captain America is more than just a super soldier now. I think Age of Ultron showed that he can even lift Thor's hammer if he wanted, even if he isn't the mighty Thor. :P​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Boredom? Oh hush Nep!

Marvel Studios keeps doing the same movie over and over again. I mean how is this any different that the first Avengers movie or Age of Ultron. Its paint by numbers all be it very well done paint by numbers.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    No Hawkeye in any of the trailers I've seen. I'd trade Clint for all the Guardians any day.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    > @nepht said:
    > Boredom? Oh hush Nep!
    >
    > Marvel Studios keeps doing the same movie over and over again. I mean how is this any different that the first Avengers movie or Age of Ultron. Its paint by numbers all be it very well done paint by numbers.

Aren’t all comics this way? Good guys fight bad guys, good guys win

This is nothing like the first, in fact it actually follows Thanos more than any character. If anything it follows the Netflix formula of developing the villain (which it has done since Avengers 1)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Captain America is more than just a super soldier now. I think Age of Ultron showed that he can even lift Thor's hammer if he wanted, even if he isn't the mighty Thor. :P​​

Lifting Mjolnir isn't a matter of strength - even Thor couldn't do it, after he was deemed "unworthy", while in the comics Jane Foster, a human, wielded the hammer for a while. Cap is sometimes worthy of holding Mjolnir, although not always. (Heck, in the JLA/Avengers crossover a while back, Superman couldn't pick it up until he got so mad he was actually willing to avenge his fallen comrades. Until then, he wasn't worthy to hold an artifact of the Norse gods, and all his super-strength wasn't enough.)

OTOH, Cap's a lot stronger than he looks. And I think in that scene, Thanos might have been testing Steve, to see just exactly how much force it would take to squish him...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Makes sense I guess

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited March 2018
    Steve could hold back Thanos's hand (with obvious strain) because when people need him Captain America never backs down, never gives up, gives all he has, and rises to any challenge.

Plus, 'Murica! ;)
    Captain America’s real power is will.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    This is going to be Chris Evans' last performance as Cap as well.

Avengers 3 is the last movie on the number of movies he's obligated to act in as part of his contract so it's expected, and I think he's done fantastically so far. Kinda wonder who his replacement will turn out to be, because I'm sure Marvel wants to make plenty more movies.
    Maybe they'll Logan-ize Cap :)
    JwLmWoa.png

This is going to be Chris Evans' last performance as Cap as well.

Avengers 3 is the last movie on the number of movies he's obligated to act in as part of his contract so it's expected, and I think he's done fantastically so far. Kinda wonder who his replacement will turn out to be, because I'm sure Marvel wants to make plenty more movies.

Well, if they don't want to recast the role, Cap's been replaced twice in recent decades. When he was temporarily dead due to Time Bullet, Bucky took over; when the Infinity Formula stopped working and he suddenly aged, Sam "Falcon" Wilson took the shield (and changed the costume, to something different but still with recognizable iconography). So either one of them is a viable choice.

Of course, we could always go with the short-lived '70s-era storyline, and have Chris Evans play Nomad (hopefully without tripping over his cape this time...).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited March 2018
    It kind of looks like Steve Rogers has been playing the Nomad role between Civil War and Infinity War. He certainly isn't the clean-cut all-American soldier.
    I won't be surprised if Thanos wins the first round. His final defeat may await the next Avengers movie.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The most important question is, will Wolverine get his bones turned into linguini?

The answer is no, because the x-men won't even be there because bullshit >:|
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    On a positive note, since Disney had recently bought Fox and its film rights to make X-men films, a future Avengers / X-men crossover is now possible.

On a positive note, since Disney had recently bought Fox and its film rights to make X-men films, a future Avengers / X-men crossover is now possible.

The sale isn't final yet, and won't be until late next year - it's still possible for federal regulators to decide that this somehow violates the Sherman Antitrust Act or something, and screw it up. (Improbable, admittedly, given their craven surrender in the face of Sinclair Media buying so very many media outlets, but possible...)