test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

two suggestions regarding the Brick power sets: Throw moves, and additional power set (heavy shield)

legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
Throws:
Hey, I was thinking about how 'throws' could be a new mechanic for champions online, I do enjoy all the brick power sets, but I felt that it was getting boring, its very knock based which makes sense for the theme but what if we had an alternative mechanic that not only adds variety to the mix but also another method of more tactical play.
Unlike knock effects a throw in my mind could change the position of a target, for example a throw in might could pick the target up and throw them off to the side, a throw in heavy weapons could launch the target in an arc so they fall behind the player and into the group (just examples, not saying that's the limit of how it could work) potentially this could assist in team fight situations in order to pluck and position targets into ideal places for the purposes of AOE attacks or simply to get the target out of range from more vulnerable members of the team.
If enough throws can be added to the sets there could of course be new passives that relate to that mechanic.
Brick tends to be very offence/defence with no real support capability. perhaps this could provide a means to that, I can imagine other powers like 'intercepts' working well for this for example your team mate has generated too much threat and looks like they aren't going to manage, you hit 'intercept' or what ever it would be called and this causes your character to leap/dash over in front of your friendly target, wiping their threat whilst generating a great deal of threat on the targets that were attacking the friendly target, with advantages that could disorient, knock down or throw back the first target.
Also throws could tie into the existing knock mechanic, for example: throwing an enemy into another enemy could knock the second target down and disorient or cause some damage.

Additional Power set:
I was also thinking about how shields (not energy shields) simply aren't a thing in this game bar a few cosmetics.
The concept is simple, the power set revolves around your hero being a heavy shield user, that shield gets used for everything, attacking, defending, maybe even support. Functionally this would provide a platform for a new mechanic (potentially like the one i mentioned above, but of course both are separate ideas.).
Aesthetically this could be utilised with great effectiveness by free form builders so your knight themed characters for example can invest in points from heavy weapons and heavy shield to give the feel of a character that utilises their shield instead of having it just sit on their back.
Additionally: this of course would mean a whole new lot of costume options and potential C-store/lock box content which supports champions online (just thinking of the bigger picture here)