test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like for costumes to be more attainable in dungeons ?.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Players should be able to rely on content to attain costume pieces, instead of currency.

There is enough items in this game that requires players to pay up with currency that
it validates giving players the ability to go into a dungeon and possibly loot costumepieces
that drops specifically in that dungeon.

And i'm not talking about 0.5% mythic droprate, because that's an impossible droprate.

I have ran Nemcon's several times daily every day i've played CO, and i've seen ONE costumepiece
drop from this instance. I've completed Resistance countless times, never seen the gunblade,
farmed Serpents Lantern 4x daily with SG and never seen a single costumepiece drop.

If you're going to insist on having our GEAR and extra abilities costing massive amounts of currency,
atleast make our costumepieces drop at a REASONABLE RATE in dungeons.

Would you like for costumes to be more attainable in dungeons ?. 29 votes

Yes. I would like to be able to see costumes drop more frequvently in dungeons.
82% 24 votes
No. I am happy where things are.
10% 3 votes
I don't care either way.
6% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Would I like more stuff for free? Of course.
    Is it going to happen? IDK maybe...?

• Options
    rajakajirajakaji Posts: 69 Arc User
    I frequently find costume pieces running Adventure Packs and a few in open world, like purple gang and maniacs stuff. And I've heard that some people make a good living farming Vibora Bay for costume pieces. But I have never found a costume piece during an alert. So you're probably not going to have much luck in NemCon.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I miss the days when we could buy AP/CS costume pieces with Q and then sell them at the AH. You could always find multiple examples of those pieces that way, and at not unreasonable prices. Removing the ability to buy/sell those pieces made them more inaccessible. OTOH, many pieces can be bought for Until currency, but that too is a long slog. It would be nice if they dropped more readily.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Even at current drop rates (greens and blues drop off of all creatures in a faction at a very low rate, purples drop off of specific bosses at a low rate) it's often easier to get costume parts by drops than by currency, depending on just how irritating a given boss or faction is to farm (greens are common enough that I usually trash them instead of bothering to AH them).
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    hm...I remember a time, that I saw costumes drop in certain APs and other things often enough. But, I do not remember it being in the patch notes, but, it feels like the drop rates were reduced or something. So, I would like to see more costumes drop.

One solution would be that at the end of an AP or even every boss, each player can basically choose an item from a list of items, and they get that reward. Of course, the problem would be that it would be easy to farm that quickly in a day, so, there would need to be limits put in place to make it so that a player can only obtain a reward form a boss only so often. I actually think that should be the way all bosses work, but, I doubt that will ever happen.
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    There is already alot of costumes drops in TA, a little bit too much for me

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Part of the problem is doing the same bit of content repeatedly when nothing about the content changes blows. Another part is there really aren't that many costume / rare items to even bother hunting for. And then, it still seems that the drop rate sucks.

All three of those things need to be improved in some way.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'd love a reason to go run lairs. They're easy, but it can be fun just storming through stuff now and then if I know there's something fancy in it for me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    rajakaji said:

I frequently find costume pieces running Adventure Packs and a few in open world, like purple gang and maniacs stuff. And I've heard that some people make a good living farming Vibora Bay for costume pieces. But I have never found a costume piece during an alert. So you're probably not going to have much luck in NemCon.

I've gotten gladiator bits in NemCon. It's part of why I make a point to wipe out the glads.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    sterga said:

Part of the problem is doing the same bit of content repeatedly when nothing about the content changes blows. Another part is there really aren't that many costume / rare items to even bother hunting for. And then, it still seems that the drop rate sucks.

All three of those things need to be improved in some way.​​

Welcome to MMORPG gaming 101...what you just said, is basically MMORPG game play in a nut shell. At least, the first part that is.
  • Options
    I didn't realize MMORPG gaming 101 was to promote being bored to tears instead of doing some basic things to make actually playing more enjoyable. Maybe that's why MMOs have become less popular. Developers are too busy trying to one up each other on how bored they can make their players. Sounds like those ideas should be thrown in the dumpster. That was the point in your comment right? Because that's a fantastic idea.​​
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    sterga said:

I didn't realize MMORPG gaming 101 was to promote being bored to tears instead of doing some basic things to make actually playing more enjoyable. Maybe that's why MMOs have become less popular. Developers are too busy trying to one up each other on how bored they can make their players. Sounds like those ideas should be thrown in the dumpster. That was the point in your comment right? Because that's a fantastic idea.​​

Oh no, it isn't for promoting that type of gaming style. It is just how things typically are. But, yeah, the general idea does need to be changed.

But, the real problem is, there is no real good way to change that formula. Mostly because of regardless of what you do, it will remain the same. In the end, as long as gear and what not is basically set in stone, there is no way to change the system.

To change the system, you'd need to allow players to have full control over the content. This includes, powers and gear. But, with how this game is programmed, that will not be possible.

Imagine, when you are rewarded a new piece of gear, you get to set it's bonuses and stats, they are not just, set in stone. Or, you gain a power, but, you have full control over it's damage type and advantages (namely, they would have access to virtually all advantages). But, as you can see, with how the game is programmed, that isn't possible.
  • Options
    rajakajirajakaji Posts: 69 Arc User
    Well, "more enjoyable" generally equates to "doing new things", and for every new thing that can be done, that means the devs have to work really hard to build something, which also takes away from fixing old content and bugs. It's not ideal, but it's a justifiable fact of life in mmos.
  • Options
    It would be more enjoyable to hunt for gunblades if they dropped in more places. No massive rework required. Plus, what the OP is asking for is also super simple: an increased drop rates. I wouldn't be surprised if drop rates were decreased as part of the Great Grind update.

Chase items don't have to be gear. They basically never have been. It wouldn't kill the devs to put new costume bits into other parts of the game instead of lockboxes and temp events. Or hell, even things like Legion gear or r9 versions of mods as rare drops would be cool.

The devs already have a system that is more interesting than most people seem to think the regular game is: Alerts. Old content isn't going to get fixed but it's maps can be put into the alert system. Yes, it does require work, that things developers are getting paid to do.

I see no downside to updating / expanding the alert system, having more costume bits drop in them, and bumping up the drop rates a little. Might be interesting to chop up CS and AP content into alerts that can be solo / group queued. And it can be done a little at a time without being a major update.​​
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Asking CO players if they would like more costumes is like walking into a bank and asking everyone if they would like more money.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I think the drop rate should go up to something like 1-5% for the rarest costume bits in AP/CS, because that would get folks to play them.

The rates are super low, because folks used to spam that content like crazy. Low rates were needed to keep players from getting every drop in a few days. That limitation isn't needed anymore.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

I think the drop rate should go up to something like 1-5% for the rarest costume bits in AP/CS, because that would get folks to play them.

The rates are super low, because folks used to spam that content like crazy. Low rates were needed to keep players from getting every drop in a few days. That limitation isn't needed anymore.

Having ran Nemcon daily everytime i've played CO since 2011 and only seen ONE drop of Gladiator, i'd say the droprate is astronomically small. And when items drop that rarely, once they DO drop, no one can buy them because they're valued to insane amounts of gold...

When you run Nemcon with people who's played the game for years and they're sceptic that the items even drops anymore.. you've got a problem.

I'm not saying that costumepieces should drop like leafs from a tree during autum.. but atleast on occasion.
  • Options
    diggot said:

Having ran Nemcon daily everytime i've played CO since 2011 and only seen ONE drop of Gladiator, i'd say the droprate is astronomically small. And when items drop that rarely, once they DO drop, no one can buy them because they're valued to insane amounts of gold...

When you run Nemcon with people who's played the game for years and they're sceptic that the items even drops anymore.. you've got a problem.

I'm not saying that costumepieces should drop like leafs from a tree during autum.. but atleast on occasion.
    The only costume piece I know that does in fact no longer drop, is a certain heavy weapon. Unless they added it back in when I wasn't looking.
  • Options
    combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    I've found several costume pieces in Serpent's Lantern and I've only ran it two or three times since it was released.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    sterga said:

Yo we be gettin all hyperbolic up in this piece ya'll \owo/
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    diggot said:

I would say they have the same drop rate as the open-world costume drops you get from massacring mooks. It's just that there's less gladiators. You don't have the ability to massacre them by the hundreds.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    the gladiator pieces were only recently put back into nemcon, last year, they were removed during on alert in 2012.
    Also there is no cumulative chance,it's the same rate each time. If like me, you have bad luck on RNG rolls, well you're not going to get anything.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

I still say that any costumepieces which are linked to any said dungeon, should have more then 0.5% droprate, because currently there is NO real reason to run them. I try to run Nemcon 2-4 times a day, but in reality, that's a waste of time . The only thing i've seen drop in there are the rare Nemesis armorpieces which are on par with Mercenary.
    But i guess i shouldn't mention that because then they will be removed .. cuz the devs don't want us to gear up too fast or get any costumepieces before we've spent years grinding the same dungeon.