test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vehicle for the QWZ?

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Builds and Roles
So as the title suggest, I'd like a vehicle for my higher level alts to do the QWZ with. All I have are free MK1 vehicles through various giveaways over the years. None of them really have the weaponry or stats to do well.

Are there any vehicles in the Questionite or Zen store that are fully equipped. Hopefully something that's good right-out-of the box?

If not, I'm terrible with vehicles in general, so any advice on how to build something (and where to get the equipment) would be awesome.
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Comments

• Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

So as the title suggest, I'd like a vehicle for my higher level alts to do the QWZ with. All I have are free MK1 vehicles through various giveaways over the years. None of them really have the weaponry or stats to do well.

Are there any vehicles in the Questionite or Zen store that are fully equipped. Hopefully something that's good right-out-of the box?

If not, I'm terrible with vehicles in general, so any advice on how to build something (and where to get the equipment) would be awesome.

I use a Smilodon Tank (drifter) with Incend Rounds + Grav Pulse + Quick Reload + Healing Drone. Then 2x Hull Scanner Mods & 2x Reconstructed Biosteels

Plows through the Q Zone like a freight train.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,436 Arc User
    Lately I've been using an AV-55C- Akema II with 2 x Quick Reload, Incend Round, and Grave Pulse (all R2-3). 2 x R6 Recon Biosteel and 2 x R6 Hull Scanner. Att = 8, Def = 7, Spd = 4. Can't quite plow through everything (some cat and mouse required) but I generally am done with QWZ in 30 minutes with this,
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    kamokami wrote: »
    I use a Smilodon Tank (drifter) with Incend Rounds + Grav Pulse + Quick Reload + Healing Drone. Then 2x Hull Scanner Mods & 2x Reconstructed Biosteels

I just replicated the build on my Mantis II and WOW this works really good

I can finally start farming Qzone dailies with my Healers and Squishy DPS, thank you, I was really clueless about Vehicle mods

What rank is your Quick Reload Mark? i'm currently using Mark 1 (thanks to the High Noon horse, turns out farming for event vehicles for their marks wasnt a bad idea)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

I just replicated the build on my Mantis II and WOW this works really good

I can finally start farming Qzone dailies with my Healers and Squishy DPS, thank you, I was really clueless about Vehicle mods

What rank is your Quick Reload Mark? i'm currently using Mark 1 (thanks to the High Noon horse, turns out farming for event vehicles for their marks wasnt a bad idea)​​

YW. I use mark 3 as that gets me to full energy. Mark 2 is great as well. For content where I don't need the healing drone, I actually slot both mark 3 and mark 2 Quick Reloads to just spam Incends non-stop.
  • Options
    It would sure be nice to be able to use 2 x R3 Quick Reloads (rather than a R3 and either and R2 or R1). I also like to spam the Incends.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    I also want to do the QWZ stuff, and have mostly squishies at 40, so I want to fit out a vehicle. I'm thinking of getting a Mark II hover tank. I appreciate the question and the responses, but I still have some questions.
    kamokami said:

2 x Quick Reload, Incend Round, and Grave Pulse (all R2-3). 2 x R6 Recon Biosteel and 2 x R6 Hull Scanner.

I know what Reconstructive Biosteels and Enemy Hull Scanners are, I get them as drops. And I think that Healing Drone is Medic Drone. Medic Drone and Quick Reload can be bought at the Q-Store.

But where do you get Incend Rounds and Grav Pulse? I found some on the Auction House, but there must be a way to get them otherwise.

I've only used the couple of Mark I vehicles I have as transportation. I know that I want vehicle mods to be Rank 6 if possible, due to the bonuses, and I can do that. But if I don't have a lot of Q or G, what's the minimum Mark of weapon systems I should start out with for the QWZ? Are there less expensive but still useful weapon systems I can begin with?
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

But where do you get Incend Rounds and Grav Pulse? I found some on the Auction House, but there must be a way to get them otherwise.

You have to pull them from other vehicles that have them, thus require Drifter Salvage, Keys, or Zen.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

You have to pull them from other vehicles that have them, thus require Drifter Salvage, Keys, or Zen.
    Thanks for the info, Zamuel! I actually did some testing in the QWZ on PTS and discovered that I was doing better without a vehicle than with one, but that was using the attacks I could obtain with questionite.

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

Yeah. Just looking at the set-up, I can tell that it would work well. It's basically the equivalent of a super-invulnerable tank with lots of CON and damage resist. But man.. it looks to be a bit pricey to put together. :'(
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    But once you have your tricked out super vehicle any of your characters can use it.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

But man.. it looks to be a bit pricey to put together. :'(

You can probably get an adequate setup for under 2k globals, though it might take a while.
  • Options
    The more characters you have the bigger the benefit of having a tricked out super vehicle to share between them
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Note that you can now conveniently get your mods for Q -- ignoring merge failures, it's 62,500Q for your choice for R6 mods.