test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Characters in VRChat

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
Has anybody figured a way to export their characters from CO and rigged them to work in VRChat?

I'd love to run around in VR as some of my characters.

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    >_> good lord imagine The Furry Rider in VR.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Please if you can figure out how to export Champions characters you let me know. VRChat is made in Unity, if you can get Champions Online into Unity, you can get Champions Online into Cinemachine and then it's movie making time!
    I've been dreaming of this for years. I guess it's going to come down to me using my mental powers to pursued Cryptic to do this.

(((((()))))))

There, that should have done it.
  • i would think even if you could do that, it would be illegal to do so, given that you are ripping one company's models out of a game to put in something else - and companies pretty much universally frown on that...and then they send their lawyer horde after you​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User

i would think even if you could do that, it would be illegal to do so, given that you are ripping one company's models out of a game to put in something else - and companies pretty much universally frown on that...and then they send their lawyer horde after you​​

I'm guessing you've never played VRChat before. They have pretty much ANY character you can think of in it. I was running around in it as the Danny Devito Penguin from Batman Returns the other day. Copyright issues don't exist in VRChat. And I don't think Cryptic lays claim on custom made characters.
  • they own the models and the textures - you can recreate all you want in other formats, but you can't directly rip the model out of the game and use it elsewhere​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2018

And I don't think Cryptic lays claim on custom made characters.

Actually they own everything you make in the game. Of course they aren't going to hire their lawyers to defend that ownership unless there's money to be made and only Marvel's heroes are making movie money, and that Mediocre Madam from DC.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User

they own the models and the textures - you can recreate all you want in other formats, but you can't directly rip the model out of the game and use it elsewhere​​

Except that's exactly whats being done in VRChat. There are people who have ripped GTA models and rigged them to work in VRChat. And any game that has ever used the Unity engine has had their characters ripped and put into it. So it's not so far fetched to think someone has figured out a way to do if for CO player characters.