test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lock-On: Soldier of Fortune

So Lock-On is one of my older level 40s, but using him during the recent High Noon event has shown that his build is a bit lackluster currently. He started life as a general munitions character (built off of how the Soldier worked back in the day,) and while I do like that design conceptually, I'm not convinced that it works particularly effectively anymore.

So my question to you, learned build masters, is what would you advise as a good DPS munitions build. My only request is that it feature several if not all of the munitions weapons, and that it not be locked down into using dual pistols. I have a few character built in that manner, and I don't want to run another.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Here's a non-pistol Muni build to try:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger (advantages)
    Level 1: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3, Extra Bullets)
    Level 6: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Listen to Reason)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Uncompromising)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Mini Mines (Stim Pack)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Sniper Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Thundering Return (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

To optimize AR's single-target dps, build 3x Furious w/ SMG Burst, apply Armor Piercing w/ Gatling, then channel AR- tapping Gatling every so often to refresh Furious (and Armor Piercing). AoE can be w/ SMG (if w/in 50ft) or w/ Gatling (if long range), and you could opt for the 3-pt shield adv on SMG if you want a more defensive option.

I threw Sniper Rifle in there for fun, and if you want a >100ft attack- though something else like Rocket could take its place. Mini Mines can also be used at anytime to get the self-heal adv. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Rec/End.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • After many months, I finally got my Soldier AT the right gear to make her a glass cannon again. If you want to make your muni do as much DPS as possible, look at this thread and apply the gear to your character: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/comment/12788623

It may take a lot of work and funds to collect the Justice Gear, OV gloves, Bolstering pieces, Ascii mod and DUC but trust me, the damage you do is well worth it. Once you have 3 stacks of Furious and hit Lock N Load, you can mow down enemies in seconds.