test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Cryp and Arc Make a newer superhero game?

igitbizzieigitbizzie Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2018 in Suggestions Box
Now that 3 superhero games are now in development (Will not name them) should they make a newer superhero game? Or possibly just revamp champions Online? Maybe a Champions 2?

Should Cryp and Arc Make a newer superhero game? 17 votes

Yes
17%
riveroceanigitbizziescrewthisprocess 3 votes
No
29%
draognealford1985chaelkbluhmanspinnytop 5 votes
Revamp the game
52%
deadman20lerksancriswolf09greatzeorymermanintherainlayenebarebones#2880wessron#7671drx527#9999 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    Revamp the game
    I'm not at all under the illusion that this game will get revamped, but a girl can dream.
  • Options
    Yes
    layene said:

I'm not at all under the illusion that this game will get revamped, but a girl can dream.

A revamp would be nice too! running up a wall would be lovely! (Dreams never die!)
  • Options
    noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    If cryptic left perfect world entertainment and used a really good engine like unreal4 I'd say hell yes.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    No
    There is so much potential to be had if they had a dev team and enough resources who knew what a super hero game is.

These new games won’t be a challenge....if they can even launch.

They will find themselves in the same boat as us but much more worse off.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Yes

There is so much potential to be had if they had a dev team and enough resources who knew what a super hero game is.

These new games won’t be a challenge....if they can even launch.

They will find themselves in the same boat as us but much more worse off.

That's a huge stretch since one of those 3 actually got 600k invested into them and are making a pretty beautiful game, not to mention the combat is looking far more superior than what we have available to us right now. One you can even donate to to get alpha testing and play right now all they way to release date and on, its literally in development and the combat is better than what we have right now. I honestly think champs needs a revamp in the animations and it could still compete with those new 3, but believe me, after you see the 3 in their stages right now, you will know these are made to last!
  • Options
    No
    Who is making a beautiful game? The one that was supposed to be out last year or the one that is in space? (Which I thought was a joke)

Don’t get your opinions confused with facts....please show us this amazing game.
  • Options
    Yes

If cryptic left perfect world entertainment and used a really good engine like unreal4 I'd say hell yes.

Lets just say 1 of the 3 are confirmed using ue4 and it looks beautiful
  • Options
    Yes

Who is making a beautiful game? The one that was supposed to be out last year or the one that is in space? (Which I thought was a joke)

Don’t get your opinions confused with facts....please show us this amazing game.

I can link to other games thru youtube, but I just don't want to get the discussion dropped for doing so
    https://youtu.be/c-mQIKkXvmA?t=9m51s

I also skipped to the video I was talking about but this video shows all 3 of those games and like I said, they are in their early stages, neither of them are done.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    No
    oh look, we have a COT shill back again.

yes, we all know about the $600k kickstarter, they are the reason we have an OFFTOPIC section here now. Guess where they did a lot of advertising. And now they want more money, so you're here advertising this 'great offer'.

There's this thing called a 'honeymoon period' for replacing a much loved good/service. It's about 1year. The rose coloured glasses have fallen off, a long time ago. People have moved on to other games.

So I'll repeat what the in-game shills keep getting told,
    not everyone played COX, not everyone who played it liked it.

Also, what you think is a good game is not necessarily what everyone else does. We have people who played and liked COX keeping an eye on the new games and the word clone keeps coming up about two of them.
    -------
    My major was Marketing
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    No
    If Wall-E is the best they have...I think we are good. This man is praising the character creation was laughable...making adjustments to the face and nothing really happens. It looked like STO.

City of Titan was the only one that was interesting but he had no info, just some street brawling, which was nothing superior...could be released in 2020 *eye roll* Do you really want a game you can’t find much info on?

I already forget the first one Valence...Varience... VO did not look like a hero game, it looked decent but it did not look like it gave you the choice to be the hero you want to be, it felt like CoX design but that’s it.

But the guy in the video has zero credibility saying there is “not a good superhero game in 2017”...Because that comment shows he knows absolutely nothing about Super hero games.

Games keep trying to be CoX and nothing original...not interested in something old.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    :# Why isn't this an option?

3?
    Now in development?

They are revamping.
    Nope.

And Arc isn't developing or making or revamping any games.
    It's a game platform. Like Steam.

Is someone trying to start a hype around of one of the 3 games?
    Yes?
    No?
    Again?
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Now that 3 superhero games are now in development ....

You poor, deluded thing.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    I played CoX. Never got far for the hero side but the villain was fun without being too edgy. What Champions did was give freedom. You were not trapped inside a class. Most MMOs put you in one of four roles - DPS, Tank, Stealth, and the fourth is pet class. Healer too. Even Elderscrolls Online ultimately limits your ability. While any character can use any weapon you still find you are limited to the class you pick.

Champions was supposed to be the break. In the original game it didn’t hold your hand. If you pick powers you can’t use together too bad. The game has no new content to keep playing. At best I think it’s a glorified avatar chat like 2nd Life.

So why keep playing I hope for a better chance at something good. At its state I can see playing Blood Moon and looking at what updates they post every 5 months.
  • Options
    No
    Didn’t you just make a thread couple months back asking if game is dead....

Doesn’t seem like a reliable perspective
  • Options
    greatzeorymergreatzeorymer Posts: 14 Arc User
    Revamp the game
    I'm up for a revamp, but not to the extent that some people may think...

A graphical revamp would be nice. The engine still has some potential. Failing that, a brand new engine with the core game mechanics in place can work wonders, perhaps even improve upon them. A better engine will allow for more flexibility.

Otherwise, I can't think of too many drastic changes.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Revamp the game
    Honestly, they're already doing the "Revamp the game" thing. It might not be as drastic as how many would perceive a revamp should be, but it's something. With as much attention as we have been getting lately, we should really be proud of our team. Change takes time after all, and being ham-stringed by a comparatively small team means less horse-power to run the machine, so to speak.

There's untapped potential, but that's the case with everything. Ideas are easy, but acting on them and making them reality is something totally different.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Yes & No. Too much competition out there with these CoX games popping up. Would another CO even be profitable? And a revamp of a dated game is a waste of resources imo. It is not like thousands of ppl play CO. This is why CO receives little attention as it is.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Too much competition out there with these CoX games popping up.

It's not certain that any of them actually will reach launch.

I'd love an updated superhero game to actually be released which had a comic book superhero setting with customisable powers and costumes but until that possibility actually materialises, I'll be right here.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Yes
    They will definitely reach a launch with what I am seeing. Both of the titles look excellent. They have been releasing videos frequently, how I found out about it. Will they thrive is another story. Launching is only a piece of it. They will launch, but will they have a successful launch? If not, see ya, bye to both of them.

Hey maybe these games will bring more ppl into CO? That is a long shot but I doubt any of their character creation systems can touch this one. So ppl may say hey, there is another comic themed mmo?