test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Ghostly Strikes and the new Unarmed MA

criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
Hey guys I am rebuilding my heroes which have unarmed powers but I was wondering how do you deal more DPS? for example, Burning Chi Fist Rank 2 w/Shattering Strikes should deal a lot of dmg to an enemy with Demolish right? But what happens if I add a power that can apply Devoid like Dark Tether w/adv and the Ghostly Strikes adv on BCF? Does the damage get split in two?
Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The 1pt Ghostly Strikes adv (and similar advs) are what splits the dmg into two types. The Dimensional portion is higher due to Demolish not boosting it, but technically you want GS + R3 (or R2 + 30% adv for BCF) + Demolish from a diff source + Chi Flame (either from the power itself, like BCF_100Hands, or from another source). Chi Flame's debuff itself boosts the Dimensional portion by a large amount, so it and Demolish are priority debuffs that are in-set when using Ghostly Strikes-styled advs.

You could throw taps of SBlast in there for Devoid to further boost the Dimensional portion for single-target dps, I guess, though I'd put it at lower priority and if you have extra power slots avail for it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!