test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last Power on a Healer

pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
edited February 2018 in Builds and Roles
Well, I finally gave in and redid my healer into a more standard version. Not as exciting as the fire/electricity version, but way more effective. Now I have 1 more power slot available and I'm not sure what to take. I did have Bionic Shielding in it, but I never used it. It just seems like it gave me an over-abundance of healing. So, I'd kind of like to replace it with an attack, maybe. She has no real attacks, other than devices. But, I am open to other options that enhance her healing. Any suggestions are welcome. Also, if anyone has thoughts on other changes, she still has a few free retcons left.

Vex - Freeform
v2.3.2-28

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: Divinity (Con: 12, Pre: 12)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Infernal Bolts
Level 1: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
Level 6: Mephitic
Level 8: Compassion
Level 11: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
Level 17: Death's Embrace (Pact)
Level 20: Aura of Arcane Clarity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Ascension (Judgment)
Level 26: Pillar of Poz (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Rebirth
Level 32: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
Level 35: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Jet Boots
Level 35: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
Presence: Dominion (2/2)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Sentry: Precise (3/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
Post edited by pwestolemyname on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If you want a decent single-target attack that still works w/ Mephitic and is Toxic dmg, you could go for Defile (charge time will also be reduced via AoAC). Venom Breath's AoE stun is also nice, though its dps won't be great.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Well, I finally gave in and redid my healer into a more standard version. Not as exciting as the fire/electricity version, but way more effective.

Play whatever's exciting. Life is too short to miss out on fun. If max heals is exciting then great! If not then go back to the heals/dps mix.

Now I have 1 more power slot available and I'm not sure what to take. I did have Bionic Shielding in it, but I never used it. It just seems like it gave me an over-abundance of healing. So, I'd kind of like to replace it with an attack, maybe. She has no real attacks, other than devices.

Take something that will proc Sentinel Mastery (not sure if you haev that as a spec or not, but if you don't I highly rec it.

But, I am open to other options that enhance her healing. Any suggestions are welcome. Also, if anyone has thoughts on other changes, she still has a few free retcons left.

Drop the energy unlock. You will never need it. Take a AD like Masterful Dodge instead so you can live through baby breath on Dino, or some other disaster somewhere else.

Drop Resurgence in favor of BCR+adv...you mostly stay at full health anyway.

Swap out Force Shield for Energy Shield for more defense. Energy is not a thing so the adv doesn't do much for you. If you like the lingering def buff then take Ebon Void + adv instead. It's much much stronger.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Cool, thanks for the tips! I'm not sure why the Specializations did not show up. I fixed it, now.

I thought I had something the stunned, but I may be remembering from a previous version. Anyway, I use the Psionic Accelerator to proc Sentinel Mastery, Vulnerability, and Wither. Heck, it's better than any Paralyze you can buy from the power trees, so why not.

Also, is true that Life Essence actually heals a max of 20 people around the user? Or is it just 5?

(Just gonna drop this here, please ignore http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=28&amp;n=Darkness Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive&amp;d=16320iKOJYZP063070K000K504K403MB03OC00MG03BN001L00L603LA00LH03LF07LB04Ma0O0mTP0Lvo2MGB )
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Also, is true that Life Essence actually heals a max of 20 people around the user? Or is it just 5?

It's 5 but the tip with LE is to keep moving while you use it so that it picks a different group of 5 for each tick.
  • Options
    kamokami said:

It's 5 but the tip with LE is to keep moving while you use it so that it picks a different group of 5 for each tick.
    Okay, I wondered about that. Someone said 20, which is why I took it over Devour Essence. Thanks!
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE: