test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skullcrusher into a single-target power

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Suggestions Box
This power looks funny as hell to use. The animation is great for those who want a smash rather than a swing or stab, and you can MOVE while you charge it.

Case in point, what if Skullcrusher can be on par with Annihilate and Skewer? Boost its base dmg for removing its aoe component. Make "Put em Down" a 2pt adv and +30% all dmg boost to Disoriented targets. Or keep the adv as is since Skewer has two 1pt adv. It could be a neat alternative to those who don't want a fire/bleed HW char.

Plus, HW already has a handful of AoEs anyway.(e.g. Arc of Ruin, Cleave, Eruption, Brimstone, Earth Splitter).
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I'm a fan considering that Skullcrusher has always had one of the best animations and basically no niche in the set whatsoever because of how grossly Skewer and Arc of Ruin outclass it.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Even after the small HW revamp, I feel that Skullcrusher is still underwelming damage wise

I really want this power to be buffed, I'm fan of the animation as well (except when it gets funny when you dont face the target) but the dps is a joke​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Yeah cause HW needs even more primary nuke powers while most sets still only have 1 o3o
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yeah cause HW needs even more primary nuke powers while most sets still only have 1 o3o
    Well Schüt friend, what's the point of having cool heavy weapon powers with cool animation when they hit like a wet noodle?

currently you are better with Cleave and Brimstone for AoE Dps

I wanted to use Skullcrusher on both tank and dps characters but the dps made me change my mind​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    +1

Also add a proper no weapon Might version of Skullcrusher like wrestling's double axe handle attack.

Imaginary weapon still has the FX tinting the invisible weapon.
  • Options
    i'd definitely like skullcrusher to be a viable choice next to cleave and brimstone, as it's the only attack in the set that suits maces and hammers rather than swords and axes​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    It's a shame it has one of the more fiery hit effects, because then otherwise I'd suggest making it a pure crushing/disorient-focused single-target attack to mirror the more fire-based Annihilate.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I would be perfectly OK if Skullcrasher became singlet target and Counterpart of Annihilate, I want to use it as primary offense power in the first place, HW already has many AoEs, so give more single target options for people who don't like Annihilate

It's not really good AoE anyway​​
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I think it would be neat if they kept it aoe and then gave it a Stun on full charge. Would be fun to run through crowds spamming stuns on things with it, and it works with the theme since you're bopping things on the head.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    I so hope the the devs (@kaizerin) will consider this when they revamp Might set. I know Skullcrusher is HW but Might also has Disorient-related powers.

Annihilate doesn't really look great for axe/hammers. It also doesn't help when the weapon clips through the ground.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Pinging them isn't gonna make them any more likely to do it dude u3u
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Maybe so, but if they could see the suggestion a new power might come similar to it. Like when I suggested a rupture power for Bestial. There's always a chance~
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Skullcrusher hasn't been updated when HW got "revamped", didn't it?
    I remember Arona's comments about how low DPS the power still was
    The power is Weak and a lot of people agree that it needs to be buffed
    I think it's only fair for the DEVs to notice this​​
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    avianos said:

I think it's only fair for the DEVs to notice this​​

Yeah, we should ping them on every suggestion that we think is important. So, go ahead and ping them on every suggestion more important than this. Which would be a lot since there's really no reason this would be important. Hell you'll probably have forgotten about it a week or two from now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    That's the spirit C:
    Which would be a lot since there's really no reason this would be important. Hell you'll probably have forgotten about it a week or two from now.
    I haven't forgotten about Skullcrusher 2 years now
    3 out of 4 of my HW characters are using Annihilate when 2 of them were suppose to use Skullcrusher for their HAMMER

So no, I won't forget it, Don't make me come back 2 weeks later and bump the thread

Another thing, it's DEVs' duty to balance powers and make them viable.
    What did they do with Skullcrusher back then? Nothing. They ignored it. It's not good AoE neither good "single target" power and gets overshadowed by everything else in the set
    This is not good balance for the HW powerframe
    the power goes wasted despite having a pretty cool animation (IF ONLY we had more hammers for HW skins to take usage of it)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    and maces...of which we don't even have ONE design - hammers at least have a few​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    and maces...of which we don't even have ONE design - hammers at least have a few
    oh yes, definitely maces as well

I keep thinking about the concept art which was posted years ago for HW
    co_art-corner_hammers_190811.jpg
    You see those 3 hammers? that's the stuff. I want to use the one with Cross for my Paladin along Skullcrush

We got the Guitar and the Mountain one so far, I hope DEVs will revisit them like they did with the Claw Weapon set​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    well, for a mace, i want a design similar to this - not EXACTLY like it, obviously, because i'm sure blizzard has that specific design copywritten

Skeleton_King.png​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    avianos said:

Haven't seen much from you about the topic the past 2 years though. Hell, you didn't even start this thread. Slacker.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    spinnytop said:

avianos said:

Haven't seen much from you about the topic the past 2 years though. Hell, you didn't even start this thread. Slacker.
    Please keep the sass to a minimum. Don't really want mods closing this thread because of something trivial.
    avianos said:

I keep thinking about the concept art which was posted years ago for HW

co_art-corner_hammers_190811.jpg

You see those 3 hammers? that's the stuff. I want to use the one with Cross for my Paladin along Skullcrush

We got the Guitar and the Mountain one so far, I hope DEVs will revisist them like they did with the Claw Weapon set​​

Oh wow. I'd love to have the 4, 5 and 6th heavy weapons. Would be great if there could be axes similar to those designs.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter