test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongest Single Pistol Power & Non-slotted Pistol devices?

Hey Guys

So 2 qeastions

1. What is the strongest single pistol power at this time: In terms of DMG/Usefulness.

2. Any devices that use a pistol that is not slotted as an power?

Thxs babes

Cry
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The joke is that there no Single Pistol powers beyond Steady Shot which is an Energy Builder, there was no animator when they revamped Munitions to make new powers

as for Device, only Gunslinger's Legacy (AoE as well)
    https://youtu.be/_FDHkO-Tgvs?t=1m25s​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Holdout shot only uses one pistol to shoot but unfortunately both pistols appear in the character's hands...

• Options
    Cheers guys
    Psi.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Well if this is a joke thread then I have a joke in the same spirit of the OP!

What do you call someone of greater than average height?

Tall.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    There are more single pistol powers.. in Gadgeteering :x Can make a pretty decent build from them too.
    ex:
    (Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.3.2-26

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Glacier (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Int: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Sonic Blaster
    Level 1: Experimental Blaster (Rank 2, Rank 3, Death Ray)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Sonic Boom Generator (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Toxic Nanites (Rank 2, Nerve Damage)
    Level 23: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Miniaturization Drive (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (2/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I was going to mention Sonic Blaster. You can make a decent build with that group of weapons based around Quantum Stabiliser, too.

I do hope they get around to doing a Future Weapons set at some point. It wouldn't be revolutionary in terms of gameplay but would open up lots of combination character options (laser sword/energy pistols, energy rifle/orbital cannon, maybe a PA/energy weapon hybrid) which would work great in the Champions setting.
  • Options
    I think there's about 5-6 single pistol attacks enemies and NPC's use that we don't have access to. Whenever I do a Burst alert I make a habit of watching the Argent soldiers to see their attack animations.

There's a single shot with both hands holding the pistol, a hip fire attack with multiple shots, an attack that is the same animation as Gunslinger's Legacy, one similar to GL but from a laser pistol with much less recoil, a charge single shot what appears to be the single pistol equivalent to Sniper Rifle, and also a single hand SMG blast typically used by Mechassassin and Black Talon. So that's six attacks that exist in the game that we don't have access to, if you don't count getting the Gunslinger's Legacy device.

Still got my fingers crossed that we will have single pistol powers someday, even if the devs went the easy route and just recycled existing animations instead of creating new unique ones i'd be happy with it.
  • Options
    beezeeze said:

Holdout shot only uses one pistol to shoot but unfortunately both pistols appear in the character's hands...

As does Execution Shot but same thing; user holds two pistols instead of just one.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I totally over looked the sonic blaster powers, and I have a character built around using sonic boom generator. I suppose I assumed OP was talking about munitions only powers.

• Options
    beezeeze said:

I totally over looked the sonic blaster powers, and I have a character built around using sonic boom generator. I suppose I assumed OP was talking about munitions only powers.

Well, I did say "Any" pistol power, but hey, not to wrorry
    Psi.