test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speech bubbles and cutscenes

pakarithefoxpakarithefox Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Controls and Interface
So, turns out in a relatively recent update, they made it so the speech bubbles that usually show up in-game don't appear during cutscenes (like the New Purple Gang mission where you go down the sewer). The main problem with that change can be summed up in one word. Nemesis.
Your nemesis doesn't have a voice of their own and only speaks through these speech bubbles. So, if these bubbles are disabled during cutscenes, they move their mouth, but we can't see what they're supposed to be saying. This means that, when the cutscene ends, I need to go through the chat bar JUST to see what the heck my nemesis said.

I have tried checking the options to see if I can turn them back on, but I haven't found anything. This is a very annoying issue and someone needs to do something about it.
Shadows are everywhere, and where they are, so am I..
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    I thought something was broken in my client. Cut-scene bubbles were gone, but open world ones were still there. I'm used to having to do that for some Alerts, like Black Talon and Demoselle Nocturne, who are just too tall to fit onscreen, but losing it on a shorty like Jack Fool was confusing. Put me down for also wanting them back!
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    I can confirm this too​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The good news is, your nemesis never had anything worth saying to begin with!

Btw, should put this in the bug report forum for max visibility.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    The whole matrix is deterioration.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ebenbrooksebenbrooks Posts: 8 Arc User
    This issue is still happening. We've had no speech bubbles in cut scenes since November. This means that I can't tell what my Nemesis is saying in any of my Nemesis missions, among other things. This needs to be fixed, especially if we're going to be getting a new Nemesis mission with the Still Standing update.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2018

This issue is still happening. We've had no speech bubbles in cut scenes since November. This means that I can't tell what my Nemesis is saying in any of my Nemesis missions, among other things. This needs to be fixed, especially if we're going to be getting a new Nemesis mission with the Still Standing update.

Just so happens that one of the devs said on discord that the next patch would address this.

• Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Excuse me. The Still Standing update?
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Just so happens that one of the devs said on discord that the next patch would address this.

What Discord?
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    iamrune said:

xrazamax said:

What Discord?
    While I don't mind the Devs having these little live-streaming discussion events, it would be really useful for them to post a short summary on the official communication channels. (In other words, the Forums) That way those of us who can't virtually attend (or hate game voice-overs in general and keep the voice chat disabled by default) can find out what was announced.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Discord is both voice and text. There are multiple channels to choose from, most text only. You never need to talk to or listen to someone talk. The channels in the Champions discord server are also marked so you never accidently stumble into a a voice channel.

Discord allows devs to chime in when they happen to catch players talking about something they can answer. I too would like devs to answer my questions and concerns on the forums, however I prefer then to stay working on content rather than scour the forums looking for things to answer.
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    iamrune said:

xrazamax said:

What Discord?
    To also help with Mira's statement, Here's the thread to the Discord link to explain it's purpose:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1210991/champions-online-d-i-s-c-o-r-d