test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hourly check for alerts

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Suggestions Box
If possible, if there is any GM manning the other games during the off-hours, have them check on the three alerts (Bursts, Grabs, and Smashes) every hour. If an alert is repeating the alert from the previous hour (eg. Grab: Rockjaw at 4 am is still Grab: Rockjaw at 5 am.), let them manually clear the buffer of anyone queued and switch to a different alert. And work on a fix for stuck alerts so this workaround is no longer necessary.
/CanadaBanner4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    and have them all actually LAST an hour too...i've seen some grabs cycle through 5 different villains in less than half an hour​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Are they supposed to last a full hour? I never knew that was even the intention.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    A GM?? In CO?? Bahaha. I wish....it would be a lovely thing to have a GM just appear in the game.
  • Options
    navi's still around, i think...but i've yet to actually see him anywhere ingame​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    An hour is an arbitrary figure, so a GM wouldn't be checking all the damn time but focusing on the game that he/she is normally assigned to. "Check in on CO once an hour" would be a lot more palatable than constantly checking a game that's not your priority. Sorry I didn't make this clear. I'm not advocating hour long alerts, just more diligence against stuck alerts.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    No, I think the original suggestion is great. Didn’t mean to semi-derail things. Would be nice not to have to use the workaround so often to unstick them ourselves... sometimes it takes awhile to find enough people to do it.
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Stucked alerts are an annoyance, annoyance which tends to be more and more frequent.
    And it's not players work to have to "fix" things by artificial means every time those stupid queues get stucked.
    That being said, i'm not convinced dedicating a gm to check alerts every hour to fix it is an appropriate solution.
    I mean, wouldn't it be better if queues do not get stucked in the first place? The problem is known since a long time now, why not simply fix it once and for all ?

So there are several solutions:

- You want to continue with that stupid queue system and its many flaws, you identify why they continuously stuck and solve it.

- You wake up, and realize your queue system has so many flaws that repairing only one would be unsatisfying, and you completly rework it, without forgeting to keep in mind that people should be able to do alerts at all hours, despite low population without having to wait for ages.

- You realize queue system brings too much problems which are hard to resolve, and want to try something different, so you give up queues and make alerts instantly accessable by premade teams between 1 and 5 players, like nearly all other instanced missions in that game: no queue wait, no bugged queues; just click and play.

- And the last one, status quo, you decide there's no problem, everything is good and beautifull in perfect world. After all if people were dealing with it yesterday, they will continue to deal with it tomorow.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    - Fix the queue.

Everything else people are saying is dumb u3u