test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online: Halloween Costume Contest!

2»

Comments

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I hope there is another contest around the winter event at the end of the year. I do not think players would trust other players judging an Official Cryptic CC, but I don't see the harm in letting them host one. Community managers and host that have ran CCs tons before - I mean, as long as they do not have a part in the Judging process for who gets rewards it would be preferable to have someone guiding the event rather than waiting on mostly silent judges.

That said, ideally you would like the Devs to host as well as judge. The logistical issues - such as having to teleport winners, generating prizes, etc.. - would all go smoother if a Dev hosted.

I know some people left unhappy about the CC, but really I think most people were glad it happened, saw devs being part of the community, met SupremeoverlordN, and had a mini Q/A before hand. If it was too long for you, go to smaller CCs because big ones like these always take hours. And like any CC if you can't have fun without winning then maaaybe don't to them at all?

The rest of us had a blast.

BONUS VID:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctECu14jSIM

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Ok how did you make them all do that? demorecord magic?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    xrazamax wrote: »
    I do not think players would trust other players judging an Official Cryptic CC, but I don't see the harm in letting them host one.

Ravenforce, you are untrustworthy and should never be allowed to run community events sponsored by Cryptic. I would have mentioned this before, but I was too busy attending the last community event you helped run sponsored by Cryptic and I secretly sold the Angry Face Naginata I won to pay my rent and totally didn't deserve since I know you and that makes you biased. I call shenanigans.

Further more, I know some of you from other guilds are scumbags as well, using goods given to you by Cryptic (costume design winners) and probably were just giving them all to your friends in some shallow charade you had the audacity to call a costume contest. For shame!

Yes, I'm being facetious. Players have already proven they do trust players to pimp out official goods at costume contest. The only difference between sponsoring and having players judge at an official contest is... well basically nothing since sponsored contest are also judged by players. Why are we having this discussion again?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I know you realize that you are just asking for trouble if you have players give out rewards provided by Devs or GMs. There is going to be allegations or even actual instances of bias When the host are providing the rewards (a normal CC), the allegations are just grumbles because it is the host stuff to give out after all. But rare rewards like dev tokens or rare costume unlocks? Maybe "trust" wasn't the right word, but it is hard to convince people of impartiality.
    sterga said:

Players have already proven they do trust players to pimp out official goods at costume contest. The only difference between sponsoring and having players judge at an official contest is... well basically nothing since sponsored contest are also judged by players. Why are we having this discussion again?​​

Maybe the Patriot Act CC a while back but that was more the exception to the rule. Look, I'd love to be able to host a CC where I get judges and they are going to pick the winners for the super awesome l00ts, but honestly I only have a handful of people I'd even trust to judge fairly. Secondly, who exactly gets to do this? There aren't many stand outs in my mind right now who players will all turn to and think, "Yes, definite pillar of the community we can trust" the way most of us trusted Glory. Ravenforce sure... then maybe carrionbaggage if they even do CCs and... Contest-Central mods? I dunno. Maybe Sterga. Maybe. Kinda shady tho.

Not to say there aren't others I personally trust, just saying someone won't have the crowd saying, "Who is this person and when do I get the dev to back my own CC?"
  • Options

Ok how did you make them all do that? demorecord magic?

We just timed it out really well. :D

Yes it was demo record ~magic~
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    People complain about favoritism already. No dev support needed. From those who have zero common sense or are too busy being petty. Not really worth paying attention to. And... well, there have been several instances of player run CCs sponsored by Cryptic.

We have a real outcome and it doesn't match your hypothetical situation. Most players just don't seem to give a toss about player judges pimping out goods provided by Cryptic. Droves of players weren't boycotting subsequent events or bringing their pitchforks to the forums. Plus, players can vote for judges and devs can have final say.

It's not like Cryptic can't spread the love with sponsoring guild CCs.

Of course, if Kai keeps with her insistence that players not be allowed to do anything with dev run / backed events, it doesn't matter what either of us thinks anyway. I still want to know what the legal issues are that would prevent this now when it didn't before.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

People complain about favoritism already. No dev support needed.

Yes, but the complaints aren't directed at (and creating an annoyance for) Cryptic.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Dev sponsored+player run CCs are probably doable, but not worth the hassle to involve anyone outside the immediate champions dev team..aka any other department for any reason...such as legal. Even if the involvement is minimal.

Likely easier to just run it and sponsor it as one unit even if it's less efficient/frequent for the participants and the devs.

I enjoyed making the costume for it and coming to the CC. Had to go right after winner announcements though. Wish I knew about the cosmic fight afterward so I could make plans to stick around.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Will there be images of the winners?
  • Options
    wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Speaking of winners, hey @kaizerin, I had to log off to go to work just before the Classic Hero Cat winners were announced and Your mail the next day told me I won 1st Prize in it.
    I responded to your mail with my preferences in Gold and Purple vouchers but it's been a week since the CC and I still haven't received any of the rewards.
    I know you must be busy but come on my friend... spare some time for the little guys.
    :3

In-game: @Wraith_9th
  • Options

Winners start at 11th minute

https://youtu.be/1xvnXGJTqFY
  • Options
    torcchatorccha Posts: 1 New User
    Question
    it has been so long seince i played Champions How do i change my Password??