test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Distinguished Helmet of Efficiency - Which powers are classified?

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited October 2017 in Items and Crafting
Can someone please tell what powers Distinguished Helmet of Efficiency energy effect is enhancing?

I had been avoiding getting this gear piece because the description never makes it clear
The only feedback I got was from a HEALER who was using it and only their Energy Builder was tagged, but again it was a support character with no attacks​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Best Answers

• Options
    gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I have a single blade character with it and it enhances her non energy builder attacks as well.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, it affects all direct attacks as far as I know (it won't affect subsequent tics of a DoT, and I don't think it affects hits generated by entities, such as ego storm/malevolent manifestation).
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, it affects all direct attacks as far as I know (it won't affect subsequent tics of a DoT, and I don't think it affects hits generated by entities, such as ego storm/malevolent manifestation).

Direct attacks/effects (like Sleep), yes.
    DoTs, no.
    Entities/Pets, no.

Entities include such things as the above, Ego storm w/ malevolent manifestation, Orbital Strike, Pets, Sigils (not sure on this one myself, but it follows).

So, yes, this Primary Utility is a great choice for anyone. I wish the Virtuous gear was as all-encompassing, but it only affects heal powers. Things like Bionic Shield would proc only when you originally apply it to someone, not subsequent ticks of it. Life Drain powers do proc. I haven't tested the healing rune powers, but it should follow that it should proc only on the first application of dropping the rune.

And, of course, these are ALL only a 5% chance of getting that energy.

P.S. I have a number of PA users and yes, this is awesome for them.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"

Answers

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Sounds excellent for a Power Armour along other things​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!