test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Face and body slider guide?

Hello Champions, I have been searching the forum for a guide to making unique faces and body types using the sliders. Does anybody happen to know if there's a post like this? If not, let's all post our creations here to use as a handy reference page.

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    1. You drag the slider to left.
    2. You drag the slider to right.
    3. Switch to another slider.
    4. Repeat 1 and 2.
    5. Repeat 3.
    6. Continue repeating 1, 2 and 3 until all sliders are done.
    7. Press Default.
    8. Start from 1
    :#
    I mean, just play with them, it's quite fun. Experiment. Explore.

Switching between Moods while playing with face sliders is recommended.

(thiscrapvanillacrapbetterworkthistime)
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    All I can see is a bunch of pictures that says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" :|
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    >2017
    >Still Using Photobucket especially after the Scam move it pulled on their users
    1304376955947.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

All I can see is a bunch of pictures that says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" :|

oh farg...i thought because i can see them others can also....i haven't updated either.
    ok...may take abit to switch.

EDIT* Ok, done and done.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Bluh had something once...but honestly there is no real science to it, you just have to have those beautiful accidents with the sliders. Every costumes and expression can make one look different
  • Options

oh farg...i thought because i can see them others can also....i haven't updated either.
    ok...may take abit to switch.

EDIT* Ok, done and done.
    Now all I see is a big paragraph of letters and numbers :p
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Well, it's kind of hard to tell whats up or down, when i see the pictures just fine....
    Now?
    The forum image linking was farging up stuff.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    There's not much you can change in the CO face/body slider department without breaking some proportion rules (especially not the face), but they're good to know in general.

Face
    • There is one eye's width between the two eyes (and at maximum about one eye's width between the eyes and the edge of the head). Usually they end up at the middle of the cranium (centered between the top of your head and the mouth) and are at the same level as the top of your ears, if not a little lower.
    • The nose is the same height as your ears roughly. The point at which ears connect back to the head should just about line up with the bottom of your nose (it can be higher if lobes are included). The nostrils usually reach to about the inner-corners of your eyes in width.
    • The corners of your mouth are centered directly beneath your eyes. Variance usually gets a little narrower (sometimes due to what expression a person has). The minimum that seems to still be accepted as a rule is the inner-corner of your eyes. Classically, there's about an eye's width between the mouth and the bottom of your jaw.
    There's significant room for variance here due to race, stylization, and general inflexibilty of CO's face editor, but usually these are good guidelines for helping to avoid making your characters look like Oblivion NPCs.

Body
    • For a standard human being, your body is usually about 7.5 heads tall, though this can get as high as 9 heads if you're going for a heavily buffed-up body style/heroic build. Children are usually around 6-7 heads tall, and babbies are only 4. By most accounts, the default head sizes in CO are a bit low.
    • Shoulder span of the body is usually 2 heads (for average people) but depending on how buff you want to look, this can go up to 3 heads wide. Anything more or less and you probably won't look human. Waist-to-Chest size ratio usually isn't too major and can vary depending on how fit you want your character to look. On average, the hips and chest are the same width, and the ribcage about twice the size of your head (vertically and horizontally)
    • Hand size can vary from being half to nearly a whole head in length, but they usually aren't larger. Default hands (on males at least) are a bit too big it should be noted. Feet are pretty comfortably around the length of a head (this can be difficult to adjust since we're always viewing feet from an oblique angle).
    • Arms and Legs typically are the same length (hands included), but legs are thicker on average. Notably the default female character's legs are too long and are likely taking the length of high heels into account. This can be readjusted by modifying the leg length from 75 to 71.
    Variance here will generally be even more pronounced since this is really where the CO character engine shines the most. Most of these definitely would be guidelines to follow if making an average human character, and still fair advice for superhumans as well.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    I suppose I was hoping for someone's screenshots of various saved slider settings what show the numbers in them so we'd know exactly how far left or right to slide the bar to achieve the same proportions. It aggravates me to no end to know CO used to have preset options and removed them for whatever reason. :(
  • Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Here's an old post from the cohtitan boards for trying to mimic the presets in CoX. Maybe it'll be of some help. Funnily enough they mention @bluhman in their guide.

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=kjo66q96teqda9ps3eo6dg9hv6&topic=6970.msg85237#msg85237

edit: forgot to add the link =P
  • Options
    Thank you for that guide, it doesn't have the number for each slider listed but I can get close enough. Do you have one for body types too?