test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weird CCer Question

So, most CCers go PRE primary and take the "Dominion" Spec to increase hold time.

But, I was looking at specs the other day and I am now wondering if INT primary might be better and take the "Battle of Wits" and "Expertise", take PRE Secondary and then dump into that. I don't really know how those percentages stack, so I'm not sure which way would be better.

OR Same thing, but do not take PRE secondary, just dump everything into it as a non SS, and take the "Enlightened" spec instead of "Expertise".

I also asked about Expertise's effect on the PRE contribution to Auras. Expertise specifically states that it does not add to the Secondary Super Stat bonus, only to the base bonuses of a stat, but is Aura strength considered a base bonus or not? Certainly, the Secondary Super Stat bonuses do not say they add to Aura strength (other than giving more Pre, of course). I guess this is really a more general question, is a stat's contribution to a power's strength, like Ego to Concentration, considered a base bonus that would be increased via "Expertise"?
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I guess this is really a more general question, is a stat's contribution to a power's strength, like Ego to Concentration, considered a base bonus that would be increased via "Expertise"?

No. Basically, the numbers which expertise applies to are the numbers that show up when you hover your pointer over the attribute description in your character sheet, excluding the superstat bonuses.

I've done int/pre/con with battle of wits, and it does work. The main virtue of Pre is the fact that you can take the Vulnerability spec; that's simply more valuable for team support than anything Int gives you.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Okay, cool, thanks!
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    So, I tried it. Had a free retcon, anyway. I gained a few seconds of CC time, though, as Panta mentioned, I'm not sure it makes that big a difference, since I had enough, anyway. For example, went from 54 to 57 seconds. Woo.

I lost a bit in damage, though, which is only important because I solo with her sometimes.

The other thing I gained, of course, was slightly faster recharge times. So far, it doesn't seem like it makes much difference.

Not sure if I'll keep it this way, or just go back to PRE/EGO/CON, but it is interesting.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE: