test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fixing end and rec PSS trees

ryokoryuryokoryu Posts: 97 Arc User
Ok so I have been thinking a lot about the different things we can use as primary and secondarysuperstats and ways to tweak this or that bit of performance out of them. The truth is that most stats have a viable end game reason for picking them. Con, Dex, Str, and Ego all have their obvious roles and int and presence even have their niches. Endurance and recovery however just seem sub-par. There doesn't really seem to be any other reason but theme to pick either of these which with the changes to electricity comming makes me wonder. If what is in PTS is accurate then endurance is gonna scale the new electical form and it seems we will be stuck with doing a song and dance here that will look like this. PSS int, dec, pres, or ego then stack end. There is no advantage in the ego tree to make it competetive. I like the idea they are going for here and the outside the box thinking with end stacking for DPS but think there needs to be a pass for the end tree. but there should be more ideas than us just saying it needs work. While we do end we should also think of rec. End already has something I like in it's tree. The bonus HP makes sense so what about some defensive options.
My start would go along these lines.
End Tree
-Cut quick recovery
-Cut kickback
-cut outburst
-redesign withstand, increase all resist based on crit severity while blocking.
-in place of kickback new passive reduce the energy costs of maintains based on SSS 2 ranks
-in place of quick recovery new ability taking damage while blocking grants stacks of stoicism, stacks up to 3 times gives cost discount and -cooldown reduction of the next offensive ability used. 2 ranks
-increase the rank count of hardened to 3
-new 2 rank ability reduce damage from aoe attacks
-new 3 rank ability endurance increases crit severity.
Recovery tree
-Cut Withstand (your not ennduring things your recovering
-redesign rapid recovery when taking damage gain buff that heals 1/2/3% of your health over 3 seconds stacks twice re-name walk it off
-redesign staying power secondary superstats increase maximum energy
-New ability to replace withstand increase crit chance every time you gain energy from a non-energy builder ability of yours 1/2% stacks up to 5 times stacks last 10 seconds.
-Cut supercharged
-redesign efficient active offense and defense last 2/4/6% longer reduce GCD on said abilities by 3/6/9 seconds
-re-design well rounded now instead gives +3/6 to all non-superstats
-re-design second wind critical hits now reduce the remaining cooldown on all abilities cooling down by by 1/2 seconds can only occur once every 6 seconds.
-New ability reduce the penalty of travel powers on power costs 33/66/100%

Put up your own ideas on how to fix these and let's get this discussion going.

I don't duel anymore since the level 6 hit my level 8 for 15k in one shot instantly

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I doubt we'll see any work on spec trees until work is completed on reworking powers, probably in a year and a half. After all, they haven't done anything with them yet.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    gradii said:

Uh you didn't add anything for damage to the END tree and took away it's only damage advantage? don't remove outburst, FIX outburst to be a REAL 15% damage increase at rank 3.​​

really so increasing crit severity is not a damage increase?

I don't duel anymore since the level 6 hit my level 8 for 15k in one shot instantly
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    From the PTS patch notes:

"Changed the Outburst spec in Endurance to buff base damage."

• Options

From the PTS patch notes:

"Changed the Outburst spec in Endurance to buff base damage."

That is a start, the tree overall will still be sub-par to others. We still need ideas to take to devs instead of just complain that the stuff sux make better argument.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    It's obvious that Endurance and recovery aren't great cause it revolves around utility specs, Since those super stats are about focusing on Energy management, not Damage or Durability.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    so does int but it increases damage in it's way. instead of thinking of end and rec as utility stats think more in terms of as a primary stat it should give other benefits besides energy management. Hell strength is a damage stat that gives you health, completely out of character for that stat as a normal stat or SSS. Recovery as a concept easily lends itself to hitting faster or getting out of holds quicker or many other things besides energy management and endurance conceptually lends itself easily towards a defensive role or biding your time til you get that chance to hit back bigger harder and oh so heavy.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I've never quite understood the role of REC and END in this game. Surely - thinking about how it works in the comics, anyway; REC should be about rapid energy regeneration and personal healing, END should be about the amount of energy available (making the player almost self-sufficient in the generation of it and giving access to high-energy charged powers), while PRE should be about stealth, holds and healing of others?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    My electric toon was already End-based, to spam Gigabolt. Now, this toon got a small but nice buff with the Endurance change.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.