test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Easy" Taunting Emotes

catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
I would like to see some emotes that are easy to execute, so in the middle of battle we can make fun of other players who are messing up without having to miss a beat....and end up like them!

Being a healer Im often chasing people of the phoenix order, who enjoy spending their time being reborn from the ashes....these wonderful firewalkers love to spam our attention so I think an emote should activate as we rez them by the means they died....if they didnt block a target appears on their forehead for a couple sec. If they (stood in the fire) they would flail their arms around "on fire" like that wonderful little scene in downtown millennium city (its already in the game) and finally the always popular "guy who pulled the ads" and wiped the group...a giant arrow should illuminate above his head for 15 minutes pointing at him, saying "HE DID IT!"

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

Comments

• Options
    siegericsiegeric Posts: 11 Arc User
    Public shaming does wonders to improve behavior and performance. I fully support these emotes.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    We have a handy guide for keybinds. No need to type "/em EMOTE" and some long witty phrase when you can do it in the press of a button. Just bind a key to an emote and/or message and you're set! You can even attach powers to it too!

Special death animations would be amusing but I can't imagine a game that's been running on cleverly recycled assets for more than half its life to have the resources for such. Special resurrection animations based on cause of death are even less likely; people tend to hit respawn, group content with lockout isn't common, and conditions like "died because you pulled the adds" isn't the easiest stuff to catch from a programming perspective.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    ok, ill admit i was bugged over being squeezed out of my rewards from lack of time after redoing them a having to leave. but i never learned how to use keybinds, so i figured a drag and drop setup like FFXIV uses for their emote buttons would really be helpful.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    It sounds like they wouldn't even see you doing the emote... and if they did I'm sure they wouldn't really care. But hey if it makes you feel better in your own head go for it now that you know about binds! \o/