test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weird "Bouncing" Lag

quakegrapes#2819 quakegrapes Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Gameplay Bugs
Whenever I move around, sometimes I bounce back and go somewhere I don't want to go. One time I almost got stuck between a pile of snow and a shed. Another time was when I accidentally made some Viper soldiers hostile and chase me while going to my destination.

This happened for 1 and a half days ever since I got back on Champions Online. I say 1 and a half because yesterday it wasn't working for a bit until a few hours later, its working? I didn't do anything to make it work that day. Today I DID do anything to try to make it work but unfortunately it didn't. I tried logging on and off, changing characters, restarting the game, changing the quality to low and going into another server and none of them worked.

I'm not sure what to do to stop this annoying bug, I just want to play Champions Online.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I closed all apps except Arc and the game itself. Doesn't work.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Lag? Server not responding?
  • Options
    Like I said, I went on another server or transferred into another "city" to try to solve the problem but it didn't. I call it lag because it acts like lag (Everything freezing for 1 second and I went back to where I came when the lag started). Can you explain what's going on? This never happened before I stopped playing Champions Online for a time.
  • Options
    what you're describing sounds a lot like rubber banding
    in online gaming, an undesirable effect of latency in which a moving object appears to leap from one place to another without passing through the intervening space; also called "warping" or "teleporting"
    ​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    It's probably that. Is there a way to fix that?
  • Options
    avonusavonus Posts: 1 Arc User
    Nope, and it's still an issue. The game has been nearly unplayable for about a week for me now.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    It's a feature =)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    It's a feature =)

The joke is supposed to be that a bug is called a feature. Rubber banding isn't a bug u3u​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    avonus wrote: »
    Nope, and it's still an issue. The game has been nearly unplayable for about a week for me now.

Rubber banding can have many causes. It might be the game, but because there are a lot of people not experiencing it that seems unlikely. So it could be anything between the game and your own hardware, and with net neutrality having been repealed in the US we can throw corporate shenanigans on the pile as well. You'll have to put some work in to figure out exactly where it's coming from. I recently had my ISP send me a new router and it's improved some issues I was having with my connection.​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Rubber banding isn't a bug u3u​​

Yeah! It's a feature :)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods