test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Back from long hiatus

elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
Left the game in late 2012 (was not thrilled with the introduction of lockboxes, and the complete cluster**** that was the levelling contest really killed the game for me at the time.) Hoping there'll be reason to stay though I'm a bit disturbed to see how the population has declined.

Comments

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Lockboxes are still around and more prolific than ever.

I don't think leveling content is much different except you can do Alerts from level 10 on.

The population tanked after the failed OnSlaught update, but has only gone down at a slow pace since like every other themepark MMO. There are always spikes when events and new lockboxes drop. It can depend on your timezone though. East Coast US 5pm-9pm is probably the most populated.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I'm sure the high water mark for CO was just after it went F2P, that's when I joined, but yes, it's been in steady decline afterwards. I'm sure there's more loyal fans like myself that play more for the freedom of the costume generator then the actual content of the game, but I think the incredible lull in new content around the time you left also caused a lot of players to leave. The game has been seeing more and more content updates as of late though, including a few new zones, however I don't think we've seen anything like our comic book series updates since that high water mark. Anyways, not a lot of new content, but if you're looking just for new things to try since '12, you should have a few hours of new stuff to try as well as some old stuff that's been revamped.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

I'm sure the high water mark for CO was just after it went F2P.

High water mark was launch, it's been a long time since we had a MC #20...
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    Well, decided to do something silly and see how far I can level a completely powerless character. (Not even an innate talent or superstats)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Keep us updated, Elsa - that sounds interesting.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Got to level 10. Using leveling gear and devices. Got to 8 just by doing 'meet this person' quests and the mods/vehicle mods quests
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I stripped a character of everything in the 20s and used some of those sh---y become Halloween devices for a long time. Probably into the 30s. "Interesting" is not the word I'd use. I'm sure the people in my alerts were super thrilled.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    Been staying out of alerts for just that reason. Figure I'll just come up with some empowering event for her story and get her some powers