test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Maelstrom

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
When the TK revamp was deployed on the live server, players with Earth themed characters were disappointed to find out how TK Maelstrom had been redesigned:

A proposal was raised that the previous version of TK Maelstrom be returned to the game as a power under the Earth powerset so we can continue to use the power and have it be theme appropriate.

The prior version inflicted crushing damage and pulled actual rocks from the ground.
Please return this power as Earth Maelstrom and assign it to the Earth framework/powerset.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Down with Jello

I'm amazed with the DEVs' ability to ruin a single power by changing the Visuals​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Yes.. please add this back... my TK character just isnt right with these jello globs
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • xel#8768 xel Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The powerset itself is kinda sad, considering what telekinesis is supposed to be. Yes, one can create mind bullets and whatnot, but isn't there a tad too much energy projection?

Back on point though, Telekinetic Maelstrom was perfect the way it was. It didn't need fixing. People were lifting and throwing rocks with their minds. Surely that's more proper than mind jelly, isn't it?
    "Xel" no longer exists...
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I just realized

They could also make an ICE VERSION of TK Maestorm now

I would love to see that as well​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    avianos said:

I just realized

They could also make an ICE VERSION of TK Maestorm now

I would love to see that as well​​

O.o if it can also be a reliable way to AoE chill without being shoehorned into Frost Breath sign me up... actually... just sign me up regardless... Cold Snap would love to hurl ice boulders, and Shatter Point is always looking for a new ways to use her gemstones...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'd be surprised if they weren't already planning to do this, considering they made powerset variations of a bunch of stuff during other powerset reviews. I always thought it was weird that there was an earth power in the TK set...