test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170531.10 - Power Changes/New Travel Powers

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Please post all Telekinesis feedback here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1208644/telekinesis-changes-discussion-thread

Please use this thread for any of the other changes.

Lockbox
  • Added Mind Blink teleport power to the debugger.

Misc
  • Addressed a bug where some open missions could ignore their reward scoring table. This caused some open missions to occasionally grant rewards based on the default method, which awards players based on how well they performed score wise to one another (so the top percentages of players would receive a prize, while the rest would get a default reward).
  • This should address any incident where players who met the open mission minimum scoring but did not receive the proper reward.
  • Added Fireball Roll travel power to the debugger.
  • Added Fire Speed travel devices to the debugger.

Archetypes
Disciple
  • Added a choice between Ego Blade Lunge or Telekinetic Lariat.
  • Added a choice between Ego Blade Breach or Telekinetic Shards.

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where Ego Blades was using an outdated formula for how the Ego stat scaled its melee damage bonus. Whoops.
  • Dependancy will no longer heal targets above 95% health. This will allow it to pick targets that can use the healing instead of healing the closest entity to the target.
  • Reduced max stack count of Dependancy, Stress and Regret to 3, values adjusted. These buffs can now stack to 3 per user.

Ego Weaponry
  • Made some timing adjustments to ego weaponry's double hit on the third attack so it hits when you visually hit the target.
  • Ego Leech's chance to apply is now guaranteed while affected by Ego Infusion.
  • Lowered the initial chances of applying Ego Leech.
  • Increased the activation time on this power's last hit to 0.83 (from 0.75). Damage has been adjusted for the activation change.

Mind Break
  • Will no longer rupture other user's stacks of Stress, Dependency or Regret.
  • Adjusted effects for new stack caps.

Dark Tether
  • Updated fx.

New Power: Telekinetic Lariat
  • Knocks target to you and applies a stack of Ego Leech.
  • Unlike other Lariat powers this power has no charge time.
  • Advantage: Inner Peace
  • Advantage: Nailed to the Ground

Telekinetic Assault
  • Moved to Tier3.
  • Base damage increased. Cost increased.
  • No longer applies Ego Leech.
  • No longer inherently gains crit chance based on Ego Leech stacks.
  • Gains bonus damage based on stacks of Ego Leech on you.
  • Removed Siphoning Strikes and Stressed Out advantages.

New Power: Telekinetic Strikes
  • Tier 0 combo ranged power.
  • Has a chance to apply Ego Leech each hit. This chance becomes guaranteed if affected by Ego Infusion.
  • Advantage: Siphoning Strikes
  • Advantage: Stress Out
  • FX are placeholder.

Ego Blade Breach
  • Moved to Tier 2.
  • Slightly increased damage.
  • Removed Stun.
  • New Advantage: Snares targets. Knocks down when fully charged.

New Power: Ego Blade Astonish
  • Basic melee stun attack.
  • Advantage: Trauma
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    Nothing can be tested in the PTS at it's current state. The server seems to be very unstable currently. The normal servers seem fine, but the PTS is unplayable with the connection issues.
  • blattusblattus Posts: 7 Arc User
    I dunno, I got the ol' heave-ho from the game a couple of times today. Both times I was in instances, too, requiring a re-start from scratch, which is always delightful.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    Heyas, we'll have this looked further into tomorrow morning. Sorry about the inconvenience. nIYoW7R.png​​
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Telekinetic Assault

Moved to Tier3.
    Base damage increased. Cost increased.
    No longer applies Ego Leech.
    No longer inherently gains crit chance based on Ego Leech stacks.
    Gains bonus damage based on stacks of Ego Leech on you.
    Removed Siphoning Strikes and Stressed Out advantages.

A staple ranged TK attack used to build Ego Leach stacks no longer adds ego leach but is boosted by Ego Leach.
    Is New Power: Telekinetic Strikes is this a sword or ranged power (Replacement Ego Leach builder).

Can't wait to get to PTS.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Fixed a bug where Ego Blades was using an outdated formula for how the Ego stat scaled its melee damage bonus. Whoops.

Soo... did you fix the scaling or did you change it to strength? I'm 80% certain you guys didn't change it to Strength but.. just to be sure, you know?

That asides, whilst not having tested these more recent changes, they seem interesting.
    edited June 2017
    Back in 2012 the strength melee damage formula was changed, Ego Blade's Ego stat scaling was not adjusted with it.
    This patch changes the scaling formula on Ego Blades to match the current one strength uses. It still scales off of Ego.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    but what if I want to remain DEX melee TK DPS and not invest on EGO?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos said:

but what if I want to remain DEX melee TK DPS and not invest on EGO?​​

Seems like nothing would change, if you weren't using Ego for your superstats.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kaizerin said:

Fixed a bug where Ego Blades was using an outdated formula for how the Ego stat scaled its melee damage bonus. Whoops.​​

Does this mean going Strength will boost TK Blades with greater damage? Cause testing this on Live as it is, the damage between Ego and Str is relatively the same.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Back in 2012 the strength melee damage formula was changed, Ego Blade's Ego stat scaling was not adjusted with it.

This patch changes the scaling formula on Ego Blades to match the current one strength uses. It still scales off of Ego.​​

rtma said:

kaizerin said:

Fixed a bug where Ego Blades was using an outdated formula for how the Ego stat scaled its melee damage bonus. Whoops.​​

Does this mean going Strength will boost TK Blades with greater damage? Cause testing this on Live as it is, the damage between Ego and Str is relatively the same.
    would love to provide a more conlusive answer.. but the PTS is borked atm...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    Heyas, we've found out the issue with PTS and should have it resolved in a few hours. Will post again once it is resolved.​​
    edited June 2017
    PTS should be working properly again.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    If I could get some rocks on my TK Maelstrom again that'd be greaaaat. It mixes up the monotony of nothing but big pink bubble gum powers.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Mind Blink is kind of fabulous. Great job! :+1:
    Post edited by spordelia on
This discussion has been closed.