test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add a new AT with water powers

zhene#1278 zhene Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Suggestions Box
I thinking a AT with water powers is a good ideia because we already have a fire, wind, rock elements. With water freeform players can make a character with elemental theme, like Avatar :lol: .
I no have freeform but i really like this ideia and i know a lot of peoples too.
This images is for powers imaginate like a manipulation:

I thinking in powers like a tsunamis, water creatures, with simple manipulation too!

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    This has been something which players have asked for for....sooo long.

There'd have to be time to animate new movements for Water powers and create everything behind it. Not sure if our Development Team can create a new power set, mechanics etc out of thin air right now...

The suggestions forums through the years are flooded with ideas, so that's potentially a starting point (not to mention CU lore and books on powers for water)...I think the animation is the biggest draw back.

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    This has already been suggested to death​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

This has been something which players have asked for for....sooo long.

There'd have to be time to animate new movements for Water powers and create everything behind it. Not sure if our Development Team can create a new power set, mechanics etc out of thin air right now...

The suggestions forums through the years are flooded with ideas, so that's potentially a starting point (not to mention CU lore and books on powers for water)...I think the animation is the biggest draw back.

Animations might not be the issue, since they are using animations that are already in the files for the new powers. The issue will be they would have to build entirely new powers and concepts for how it works and such. Not to mention, in the case of water, well the effects would be interesting. Water set wouldn't really be all that threatening to me, and furthest from my first choice. I'd prefer a plant set.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Water as an element doesn't exist in Champions Online Universe.
    Really...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Animations might not be the issue, since they are using animations that are already in the files for the new powers. The issue will be they would have to build entirely new powers and concepts for how it works and such. Not to mention, in the case of water, well the effects would be interesting. Water set wouldn't really be all that threatening to me, and furthest from my first choice. I'd prefer a plant set.

Hmm, that is a point about animations...I could definitely see Crushing Wave, Skarn's Bane and a few other stuff being used for water powers. Gust's animation could definitely be re-tooled for water...so yeah it may not be too difficult.

We do 'technically' have a few water powers in game at the moment (Holy Water & Holy Torrent), but they are very heal centric, which is fine but not great if you want to attack with Water.

As for mechanics...well...there's no reason why players can't suggest mechanics and it be adapted...but yeah, there'd need to be time to flesh something like that out.

Plant...I'm sure there was a plan for it at some point...besides...plants need water to grow, so water has to be first :wink:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Holy Water is weird since it's both heal and damage, though prob bad for damage.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zhene#1278 zhene Posts: 17 Arc User
    I understand the difficult to make a water power because he need flow like a water, textures and all. This post is more like one more to increase to this idea. As theravenforce said, a lot of players ask for this. So i thinking if a lot of peoples ask for this, it can take a while, but, please create.
    I thinking he can be a support with shields, barriers,heals, i don't know... or ranger attacking with "tsunamis", inundation, or like more the water pull on the ground and catch the target.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    We do have graphical effects in game for water though. I think the real question is what you'd do with it to actually make it unique.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    xel#8768 xel Posts: 47 Arc User
    Sure would be nice to get the word of a developer or whoever on this matter. Water powers have been asked for since... well... probably when the game first came out.

I once gathered a pile of posts too (with the titles and dates), but there've been plenty more aside from these.
    "Xel" no longer exists...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    xel#8768 said:

Sure would be nice to get the word of a developer or whoever on this matter. Water powers have been asked for since... well... probably when the game first came out.

I once gathered a pile of posts too (with the titles and dates), but there've been plenty more aside from these.

And what do you expect them to say? At best you would get possibly, beyond that they aren't going to say something is coming especially if plans have to change. And denying something is not 100% thing to do either since again, plans can change. At most they would say it's possible to come, or they aren't working on anything like that at this time.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    A ‘mini-set’ (similar to Telepathy’s) under and synergizing with Ice, I think could be an interesting compromise. Scratches that itch with less (I mean… I’m assuming, lol) work required.:)
  • Options
    xel#8768 xel Posts: 47 Arc User
    I don't know what I'm expecting. It just feels like thoughts of water (or water-like things) tend to get ignored.

Maybe just a hint of if it's a possibility or not... though perhaps water effects for powers instead of simpler things like fountain or firetruck animations are a bit too troublesome?
    "Xel" no longer exists...
  • Options
    xel#8768 said:

I don't know what I'm expecting. It just feels like thoughts of water (or water-like things) tend to get ignored.

Maybe just a hint of if it's a possibility or not... though perhaps water effects for powers instead of simpler things like fountain or firetruck animations are a bit too troublesome?

And you have the same problem. What you want them to do is confirm it will happen, and they just can't do that because of above issues and this player bases ability to take anything as confirmation of X will be a thing. Never mind that water powers would be extraordinarily graphic intensive in an already graphic intensive game, unless you really think you can settle for that crappy effect that CoH tried to pull and call water.

I don't know if you were here for it, but Ice powers, were hellaciously bad to use because of the effects on them and they had to have their effect levels reduced significantly, and ice powers still make older PCs hurt even to this day.

In the end, you are just going to have to settle on silence. At best you will here, it's possible and there will will be no confirmation either way. The focus on this dev team, at current, seems to be balancing current powers and filling out the trees to give them more variety and things to do as well as trying to update older content to give us things to do.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    xel#8768 said:

And 'we have no current plans for water' would be better?
    xel#8768 said:

It's undoubtedly possible, if they were inclined to expend the resources. That doesn't mean they're going to do it.
  • Options
    isamukunoisamukuno Posts: 2 Arc User
    DCUO is adding Water powers at the end of this month (August, 2017) CO has been around loger and they're just sitting here like "Water? What's that?"
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    isamukuno said:

DCUO is adding Water powers at the end of this month

And awful looking they are too. With their budget I expected better.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It's the Sploosh Powerset