test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Wise Cat On Top Of The Mountain)

catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
You have traveled all week through very rugged and perilous terrain to get to a small temple at the top of a mountain. As you finally get to the stone walkway you drop your pack and head to the opening, only to find a sentient cat sitting upright on a cushion meditating. You can ask him one question, and one question only....What do you say?

Answers will be issued as per RP

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

Comments

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    will i ever find love
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    zemmax said:

will i ever find love

Not if you keep going to places like this to escape civilization. Build a hardy nest in your heart and it will attract the bird you desire.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    "Why are religious conservatives so detrimental to civilized modern society?"
    edited June 2017
    spinnytop said:

"Why are religious conservatives so detrimental to civilized modern society?"

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it tends to be the rule. The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends. Learn to embrace others for a shared humanity, not it's diverse ideals."

Post edited by catstarsto on

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    spinnytop said:

My follow up question is then: "Can you say that again but in a more direct fashion and without being pretentious?".

That's the problem with quoting Nietzsche and linking Bible passages.

Kinda ironic, considering Nietzsche's views on Christianity....

"If the Christian dogmas of a revengeful God, universal sinfulness, election by divine grace and the danger of eternal damnation were true, it would be a sign of weak-mindedness and lack of character not to become a priest, apostle or hermit and, in fear and trembling, to work solely on one's own salvation; it would be senseless to lose sight of ones eternal advantage for the sake of temporal comfort. If we may assume that these things are at any rate believed true, then the everyday Christian cuts a miserable figure; he is a man who really cannot count to three, and who precisely on account of his spiritual imbecility does not deserve to be punished so harshly as Christianity promises to punish him."
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I call the cat pretentious and walk back down the mountain.
    spinnytop said:

I call the cat pretentious...but doesn't remember anything after that.

"You may go."