test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Immovable Object

jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Builds and Roles
Since coming to CO from CoX, I often feel like my toons are a pinball whenever I encounter mobs in alerts. For example during GRAB, an enemy shotgun blast sends me flying and before I even hit the ground another enemy's chain yanks me back toward them, then a bruiser's punch sends me careening through the air and off the balcony below and I am defeated before I can activate a heal. None of my heroes can resist stuns, knockback, or even withstand medium damage during rampages or when encountering giant bosses like Kigatilik.

I'm tired of being oneshotted and constantly getting thrown around all the time. I finally have another Freeform token and I want to make a toon similar to my Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker. The problem i'm having is i'm not clear on what exactly helps to resist damage rather than having to click 13 second heals all the time. The second issue is that I find I absolutely loathe combos. I tried going Behemoth before and the constant button tapping for Beatdown left my second finger knuckle sore whenever I played it. Charges are better, but it appears if you don't take certain combo powers you miss out on a buff for a future attack. (CO has a real lack of heavy hitting tap attacks with long cooldowns, like the old Knockout Blow) My old Tanker was great to play with a team and solo because I rarely had to worry about damage. Often i'd be the only one left standing in those old Circle of Thorns caverns and have to give the rest of the team an inspiration to rez.

So for the toon I have in mind, what I want to do is find out if there's a viable build that lets me take as few meaty strikes as possible like Uppercut or Haymaker, with the rest of the powers being buffs or heals to keep me alive. It's fine if I can't draw aggro as well since I primarily do alerts, but mostly I want to be able to resist damage. Please include any helpful devices I could acquire as well like Amazing Grace or something similar.