test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online: Flashback Week

edict#8422 edict Posts: 108 Cryptic Developer
Let’s do the time warp again! Time to flashback, so look for Cybernetic, Toybox, Collector, and and Toybox lockboxes to drop as you beat down baddies.

Lockboxes contain the latest costumes, auras, powers, and items in the game. The Collectors Lockbox contains different vouchers which can be redeemed for rare prizes from older Lockboxes. Vouchers can be redeemed at the Collectors Store in Renaissance Center in Millennium City. You can also purchase specific older Lockboxes directly from the Collectors Store or the Questionite store during Flashback Week.

Sale Start Date: Thursday, June 1st, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT
Sale End Date: Thursday, June 8th, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT

Lockboxes drop as additional loot from defeated villains and can be opened with keys from the ZEN Store. Each lockbox also includes at least two pieces of Drifter Salvage, which can be traded in for prizes, and one boost. These lockboxes are additional loot and do not impact the odds of getting any other loot from villains.

Quick preview can be seen here!

Comments

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Let’s do the time warp again! Time to flashback, so look for Cybernetic, Toybox, Collector, and and Toybox lockboxes to drop as you beat down baddies."

Western?

Do people really buy lockboxes with questionite? You can't play the game without ending up with dozens if not hundreds of them. Plus, doesn't everyone have that friend hoarding 100+ of every lockbox ever made?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Frankly, Sterga, I delete them. I hate flashback week because now I have several useless items taking up slots in my bag instead of just one. I really wish you could sell them at in-game vendors. That's the only way they'd ever be useful to me.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Time to stop leveling my characters to avoid getting unwanted lockbox trash in my inventory :smiley:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    you can sell lockboxes on exchange :p back when i was a newbie and had no resources I did that a lot.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User

you can sell lockboxes on exchange :p back when i was a newbie and had no resources I did that a lot.

I have sold some at times, but they fall so much that I don't think it's worth the effort. If I'm wrong, phooey on me.